NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

The only info I found recently was this YT interview with sheriff, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyxa7wIf8L0

They did a rape kit, she was strangled. The original MSM reported she was living with her grandmother and uncle. They have moved away. I pray there is some resolution for this baby. She was absolutely beautiful!

Just bringing this forward, FYI.

So, it's been about 4 months and still no autopsy report and no arrests. With the pool of potential suspects limited to 3, I believe, I'm sure it really has them stumped.

Shaking and scratching MDH. I guess they just don't give a damn.

If the uncle and grandmother have moved away, and if true I don't know the reason why, but it makes me think of law enforcement in the Old West: "You have until sundown to get out of Dodge." So, out of sight, out of mind; the "problem" is solved and relocated to a different region. Case closed, until someone wants to discuss it or get an update; then, it is "an ongoing investigation and cannot be discussed."

I sent an email to the local news station to see if they can learn why there's been no further information and advancement in this investigation.

I very quickly received the following reply to my email:

Hi XXXXX,
We've done several stories on Paitin Fields and continue to question what is happening with this case. The Pender Co. Sheriff's Office says they are waiting on the full autopsy results. Just last week, we checked with the sheriff's office again and they still do not have the results. The medical examiner's office told us they have 6 months to get them finished. That will be mid-May. Like many people, we also want to see the investigation completed. We did a special report on Paitin's case in February. Here's the link. https://www.wwaytv3.com/2018/02/08/wway-investigates-the-latest-we-know- on-the-paitin-fields-case/
We will continue to keep digging into this case. Thanks for taking the time to comment.

So, it's been about 4 months and still no autopsy report and no arrests. With the pool of potential suspects limited to 3, I believe, I'm sure it really has them stumped.

Shaking and scratching MDH. I guess they just don't give a damn.
I was thinking there were only two suspects for the rape, at least. I'm beginning to think maybe the DNA tests don't match the step-grandfather or the uncle. Could there have been a visitor there that night that the members of the household are neglecting to tell LE about? I've been racking my brain trying to justify the extreme delay in legal action on this case. Can't come up with anything else right now. Very frustrating.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Considering the history of the area LE's investigatory sophistication and professional ethics, I'd guess there is some conflict of interest at play. Did they screw up what would have otherwise been an open and shut case? Are they, as is commonly the situation there, somehow related socially or through family to the suspects?

I find it VERY hard to believe an autopsy takes this long, especially considering that Mariah Woods was killed AFTER Paitin, and Mariah's killer was charged over three months ago. Most of the time, these counties send their autopsies to the same place. It's just dishonest for them to claim the only delay is the autopsy. There is some other reason that doesn't seem above board.

The bottom line is that they are letting a child predator and killer walk free. Since the FBI has been down in Robeson taking over investigations, they might as well hop on over to Pender to see why they can't seem to bring themselves to charge the guilty person.

Another point, as it relates to the Mariah Woods case. Both of these children lived in trailer houses. At the VERY beginning of the Woods investigation, the biological father nailed it when he went on record telling the media that you can't break into a trailer house without being heard. That's the honest truth. Especially both of these trailers, they are pretty dated Even he knew the claim that a stranger had broken in and stolen her was utter rubbish. That same logic applies to the Fields case.

But what IF a stranger broke in? This is a RURAL area. There are several sex offenders living within a five minute walking distance. There is no way LE could have ignored this fact. Their DNA is on file already. Guests visiting the family? Again, their DNA should be available since there is probable cause to request that from a judge. Don't forget, when the media filed a FOIA to request a copy of the warrants, a judge immediately sealed them.

This case makes me so angry. I'm tempted to do an entire episode dedicated to just this case. We mentioned it during an episode when it first happened, and I've been following this case so we could update listeners on who was charged. But now this is getting so silly, I think someone needs to create more pressure on LE to provide some answers or bring someone in already. I don't want to criticize the family, but good gravy. Where is the outrage? Would authorities be dragging their feet if it had been the SHERIFF'S child?

Considering the history of the area LE's investigatory sophistication and professional ethics, I'd guess there is some conflict of interest at play. Did they screw up what would have otherwise been an open and shut case? Are they, as is commonly the situation there, somehow related socially or through family to the suspects?

I find it VERY hard to believe an autopsy takes this long, especially considering that Mariah Woods was killed AFTER Paitin, and Mariah's killer was charged over three months ago. Most of the time, these counties send their autopsies to the same place. It's just dishonest for them to claim the only delay is the autopsy. There is some other reason that doesn't seem above board.

The bottom line is that they are letting a child predator and killer walk free. Since the FBI has been down in Robeson taking over investigations, they might as well hop on over to Pender to see why they can't seem to bring themselves to charge the guilty person.

Another point, as it relates to the Mariah Woods case. Both of these children lived in trailer houses. At the VERY beginning of the Woods investigation, the biological father nailed it when he went on record telling the media that you can't break into a trailer house without being heard. That's the honest truth. Especially both of these trailers, they are pretty dated Even he knew the claim that a stranger had broken in and stolen her was utter rubbish. That same logic applies to the Fields case.

But what IF a stranger broke in? This is a RURAL area. There are several sex offenders living within a five minute walking distance. There is no way LE could have ignored this fact. Their DNA is on file already. Guests visiting the family? Again, their DNA should be available since there is probable cause to request that from a judge. Don't forget, when the media filed a FOIA to request a copy of the warrants, a judge immediately sealed them.

This case makes me so angry. I'm tempted to do an entire episode dedicated to just this case. We mentioned it during an episode when it first happened, and I've been following this case so we could update listeners on who was charged. But now this is getting so silly, I think someone needs to create more pressure on LE to provide some answers or bring someone in already. I don't want to criticize the family, but good gravy. Where is the outrage? Would authorities be dragging their feet if it had been the SHERIFF'S child?

I had never heard of this precious little baby until I was doing some online research in the Mariah Woods case. It took forever to find out her name. As I recall, there were not very many people in that trailer the night she was murdered. I would think this would be an easy case to solve, and I agree, WHERE IS THE OUTRAGE?

I can't believe we haven't had any national publicity about this.I have emailed Nancy Grace,Ashley Banfield,Dateline and others.Paitin deserves justice.

I can't believe we haven't had any national publicity about this.I have emailed Nancy Grace,Ashley Banfield,Dateline and others.Paitin deserves justice.

Something Interesting today....Paitin Field's Uncle, (David Prevatte) was arrested for Larceny, but the interesting thing is his bond is set at $ 50,000.00 which is a larger bond than usual for larceny. I always thought he had something to do with it and I suspect the large bond is to keep him in there for a reason. (DNA results perhaps?)

Something Interesting today....Paitin Field's Uncle, (David Prevatte) was arrested for Larceny, but the interesting thing is his bond is set at $ 50,000.00 which is a larger bond than usual for larceny. I always thought he had something to do with it and I suspect the large bond is to keep him in there for a reason. (DNA results perhaps?)

Thanks for posting this. Looks like he also has B&E as well. I don't remember how long after it happened, but it was said that someone from the household was arrested on a weapons charge, maybe felon in possession of a firearm maybe. But apparently if it was Prevatte, he was released. They never said who it was, but it was assumed it was either him or the boyfriend/husband of the grandmother.

Here is his recent booking info

http://www.wilmingtonmugshots.com/Details.aspx?BookingID=58125

At this point I think that the SBI should take over the investigation.

Thanks for posting this. Looks like he also has B&E as well. I don't remember how long after it happened, but it was said that someone from the household was arrested on a weapons charge, maybe felon in possession of a firearm maybe. But apparently if it was Prevatte, he was released. They never said who it was, but it was assumed it was either him or the boyfriend/husband of the grandmother.

Here is his recent booking info

http://www.wilmingtonmugshots.com/Details.aspx?BookingID=58125
It was the stepgrandfather/boyfriend of the grandmother who was arrested on the possession of weapons while being a felon.

Very interesting. What idiot would commit a crime while under extreme suspicion of raping and murdering a small child?

How difficult can this be, it’s not as though the trailer was jam packed with people over night. Something here stinks. There’s nothing being done, nobody talking. Come on, this poor baby deserves justice.

We already had a couple of cases in the lineup to profile for the podcast, but I went ahead and put a quick one together about Paitin's case. I think it's time the Sheriff starts getting publicly questioned about this. I don't know who hurt Paitin, but if they know who it is, they should be going after that person. Hopefully more members of the community will get involved to put more pressure on them to take action. We'll see if anything happens.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back