GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

I agree that the text that was released could indicate that Kelli was about to get in the car with Nick, however, in my opinion, it seems that she was already in the car with him when it was sent.

The text concerns me because it seems to indicate urgency on Kelli's part regarding getting out of the car ASAP.

Needing or wanting to get out of the car ASAP is not a normal response, to me it indicates mistrust.

Maybe I'm reading into it too much but asking her friend or whomever she called to call her also doesn't sit well with me, almost like she trying to indicate something's not right.

Something has been sitting in the back of my mind ever since the release of the texts and I thought I'd throw it out there and see if it's something I need to forget as fast as I thought of it.

12:00 to 12:20 - Kelli leaves the bar
12:46 - Kelli's text indicating Nick is driving her now

Kelli's apartment is only 5 minutes away. There are 26 to 46 minutes unaccounted for. On top of that, the language in the first text seems to be "off" to me. I know the thought has been expressed questioning if Kelli sent the second text, but is it possible she didn't even send the first text? It would seem odd that Nick would name himself in it, but then again, people already knew he was driving her home. The "call me" part of the text doesn't seem to fit with this train of thought because a phone call would either go unanswered or answered by Nick.

What keeps playing out in my head is if Nick did something to her immediately after leaving the bar, he had up to 46 minutes to subdue/restrain her or worse. Sends the first text. Disposes/Hides Kelli within the next 38 minutes. Sends the second text. Both texts trying to build his alibi. I know the first one doesn't seem to make as much sense as the first one, but I just can't get past what they would have been doing for 26 to 46 minutes and the odd language of the first one. Thoughts?

<snipped by me>
1.why did this person she was texting know about Nick and that she was with him but not her sister?(who she was close with)
chae, Kelli's last texts were sent to a friend, who her brother identified as Justin. Justin, who lives in Florida, was visiting Fayetteville a week or two earlier and was with Kelli when she met Holbert (at the bar). You can read about that here:

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/23/1173168?sac=fo.military

Something has been sitting in the back of my mind ever since the release of the texts and I thought I'd throw it out there and see if it's something I need to forget as fast as I thought of it.

Kelli's apartment is only 5 minutes away. There are 26 to 46 minutes unaccounted for. On top of that, the language in the first text seems to be "off" to me. I know the thought has been expressed questioning if Kelli sent the second text, but is it possible she didn't even send the first text? It would seem odd that Nick would name himself in it, but then again, people already knew he was driving her home. The "call me" part of the text doesn't seem to fit with this train of thought because a phone call would either go unanswered or answered by Nick.

What keeps playing out in my head is if Nick did something to her immediately after leaving the bar, he had up to 46 minutes to subdue/restrain her or worse. Sends the first text. Disposes/Hides Kelli within the next 38 minutes. Sends the second text. Both texts trying to build his alibi. I know the first one doesn't seem to make as much sense as the first one, but I just can't get past what they would have been doing for 26 to 46 minutes and the odd language of the first one. Thoughts?

That's why I wondered if Nick could have taken her somewhere after they left the bar, he could have said he had somewhere to show her (or even possibly stopped at a nearby friend's house). There are some secluded areas along Carver Falls Rd or behind Methodist University that may fit that bill. My guess is that Kelli may have felt very uncomfortable about what was happening but didn't realize that she was in any real danger.

Chili Fries said it perfectly.

Justin met Nick so it makes perfect since to me for her to use his name. "my friend" or "my ride" would have come across as odder to me than her usuage of Nick considering he, again, had met Nick himself. The call me...yeah...kind of a flirty, modern term now a days. Whenever you are ending a conversation with someone it's not unusual to hear someone say "call me"...I myself have used it...probably way too much even that it's become a signature line that all my friends know and expect. When I use it in texting though, I do use an exclamation point.

The "I'm going to get out ASAP"...that to me can also be taken in comforting Justin. Like, please don't worry...I'll get out as soon as I can. She made arrangements to have him pick her up that night AND to go home. Unless, something happened at the bar specifically, my best guess it that she wasn't that suspicious about him. But...maybe Justin was.

Methodist will not allow searchers to search their property without law enforcement being with them. That is often hard to arrange.

chae, Kelli's last texts were sent to a friend, who her brother identified as Justin. Justin, who lives in Florida, was visiting Fayetteville a week or two earlier and was with Kelli when she met Holbert (at the bar). You can read about that here:

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/04/23/1173168?sac=fo.military

That's why I wondered if Nick could have taken her somewhere after they left the bar, he could have said he had somewhere to show her (or even possibly stopped at a nearby friend's house). There are some secluded areas along Carver Falls Rd or behind Methodist University that may fit that bill. My guess is that Kelli may have felt very uncomfortable about what was happening but didn't realize that she was in any real danger.

It seems there are different accounts regarding when Kelli left the bar so I don't know just how much we can depend on the timeline. I have read articles that have stated that she left the bar between 12:00 to 12:20 as you stated above. The official Kelli Bordeaux website, www.findkelli.com, states she left the bar between 12:57 and 1:20 AM. NamUS, the National Missing Person Database states she went missing between 12:57 and 1:20 AM as well.

In one of the more recent articles it states " It was about 12:45 a.m. when Holbert left to drive Kelli home, Locklear said."
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/14/1247012?sac=fo.crime

Kelli's text at 12:46 AM indicates that Nick was driving her at that time, if we are to read the text that way. It is possible that they were getting ready to leave the bar when she sent that text. It is also possible that Nick sent that text. After thinking about this for awhile, Nick stated that he dropped Kelli off 1/4 mile away from her complex because she didn't want him to pull up to her door.

It certainly would be a good alibi on his part to send a text from Kelli's phone stating "Oh, well, Nick is driving me home now. I'm going to get out ASAP. Call me." Getting out ASAP lines up with his story about dropping her off 1/4 of a mile away.

I also can not understand why Kelli would want him to drop her off a 1/4 mile away from her door when he picked her up at her home earlier that evening?

snipped "That Friday night, Holbert picked Kelli up at her apartment about 8 p.m., Locklear said, and made the half-mile drive down the hill to the bar near the entrance to Interstate 295."

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/14/1247012?sac=fo.crime

It could have been his personality sure - but his car was disgusting... I mean he was living out of it. Think about the stuff he had in there. It was filthy, unsanitary by any means, and smelled. That could have been one of the reasons she wanted out. Just my opinion.

Based on that, I wonder what the condition of the car was when LE searched it... clean? Still a mess? Any idea (if you can say) VOH?

I would think if the car was spotless, that in and of itself would be evidence of Nick trying to clean up a crime scene...and IMO that would be fairly strong circumstantial evidence.

Alternately...if the car was still a mess...the crime likely didn't happen in that car. Right?
IMO

Based on that, I wonder what the condition of the car was when LE searched it... clean? Still a mess? Any idea (if you can say) VOH?

I would think if the car was spotless, that in and of itself would be evidence of Nick trying to clean up a crime scene...and IMO that would be fairly strong circumstantial evidence.

Alternately...if the car was still a mess...the crime likely didn't happen in that car. Right?
IMO

I have to believe that the car he was driving was gone over with a finetooth comb by forensic investigators. Surely there would have been evidence that she had been in the vehicle, but I really believe if there had been ANY evidence that a crime had been committed in his vehicle, he would have been charged with something other than failing to register his residence by now. JMO

Reedus...I had strongly considered posting the same thoughts about whether or not Kelli even sent that 1st text...and its a great question, glad you put it out there.
I don't know the answer...but would sure like to. I am leaning towards she sent it, for the same reasons you cited...but both angles should be considered.

I would like to say that I keep coming back to a bothersome feeling about Cantrell...I get a nagging feeling about him and wonder if he had any role in this. IMO, he has no integrity, based on the charges against him. He also said that Nick didn't work for him...when in fact...Nick absolutely did work for him!! Perhaps Cantrell also knew that Nick was living behind the bar...and they worked out some sort of arrangement. I don't know, but it nags at me. I hope LE has tracked every move he made that weekend.
All my opinion.

I have to believe that the car he was driving was gone over with a finetooth comb by forensic investigators. Surely there would have been evidence that she had been in the vehicle, but I really believe if there had been ANY evidence that a crime had been committed in his vehicle, he would have been charged with something other than failing to register his residence by now. JMO

Really, I agree, but just keep wondering...where then, if not in the car? Did he bring her to the lean to area somehow? The car seems like the most likely place due to the texts. But, I agree, there would/should be evidence.

Reedus...I had strongly considered posting the same thoughts about whether or not Kelli even sent that 1st text...and its a great question, glad you put it out there.
I don't know the answer...but would sure like to. I am leaning towards she sent it, for the same reasons you cited...but both angles should be considered.

I would like to say that I keep coming back to a bothersome feeling about Cantrell...I get a nagging feeling about him and wonder if he had any role in this. IMO, he has no integrity, based on the charges against him. He also said that Nick didn't work for him...when in fact...Nick absolutely did work for him!! Perhaps Cantrell also knew that Nick was living behind the bar...and they worked out some sort of arrangement. I don't know, but it nags at me. I hope LE has tracked every move he made that weekend.
All my opinion.

I've got to tell you, I have just in the past couple days had the same thoughts about Cantrell, ever since the article that was released a couple days ago where Det Locklear said that NH had been untruthful about the time he had returned to the bar after supposedly taking Kelli home. And then VOH said that NH had asked someone to lie for him about when he returned. And finally, I had reread some early threads and found where Cantrell told a tv reporter that NH was back at the bar within ten minutes of leaving, but yet VOH said Cantrell wasn't even there. I certainly hope that LE has been able to verify his whereabouts in the crucial hours.

I remember video of an SUV being searched at the bar early on, I believe it belonged to Cantrell...I think it had Froggy Bottoms stickers ...I wonder if that was a company vehicle? I wonder if Nick had access to that vehicle? I am pretty sure I also remember them taking brown paper 'evidence' bags out of that same vehicle. Too tired to search for that now...but that had me curious at the time, and it still does.

IMO

I can't say for sure, but I believe it was still a mess based on questions LE asked.

VOH910...Did you ever state your theory? I know that you were very hush, hush in the beginning (and quite amazingly accurate and deliberate in your words...like wicked professional).

I never stated my theory - but it's always been a split - because I don't know... if I did, we'd know where Kelli was... and thanks.

I remember video of an SUV being searched at the bar early on, I believe it belonged to Cantrell...I think it had Froggy Bottoms stickers ...I wonder if that was a company vehicle? I wonder if Nick had access to that vehicle? I am pretty sure I also remember them taking brown paper 'evidence' bags out of that same vehicle. Too tired to search for that now...but that had me curious at the time, and it still does.

It was one of PointDexter's cabs. SC also owned a cab company. However he wasn't a good business man in my opinion and the purpose of the companies he owned wasn't necessarily to make money but to have a hobby so to speak. The cab often sat in the parking lot for days at a time without moving. SC also used it for his own personal transportation. SC was out of town for that weekend with his gf at the time. Idk if NH had access to the vehicle or not.

All my opinion.

Yeah, I lean towards the fact that she sent the first text as well. It was just a nagging thought that was in the back of my mind that I thought I'd throw out there to see what others thought.

Remember that LE put out a statement to the public asking if the public had noticed anything 'even if it seems usual to the public, it may mean something to LE.' The time LE gave the public was between 12:00 and 12:30 a.m. iirc.
The new request made us wonder how it fit in with the information that Kelli left the bar at about 1:20 a.m. That time eventually moved back to 1:00 or 1:10 a.m. too as the case went along. LE was interested in 12:00 to 12:30 a.m. The mystery to me then, is what info did LE hope to receive about the earlier time they asked the public about?

What do they think could have happened to Kelli between midnight and, let's say, one o'clock in the morning? What information could some average person driving by have that could enlighten LE?

I've pondered a group of people entering the bar, maybe arriving on motorcycles; something being loaded into the back of a van or the trunk of a car; big smoke billowing from the barrels behind the bar; an argument between two people along the road. What else?

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/04/14/1247012

Two things in this article worth noting ~

1. The writer states that Kelli left the bar with NH between midnight and 12:20 a.m. Is that a fact now? Has LE confirmed this information?*

2. Mike, Kelli's husband, apparently now says that he spoke to Kelli over the phone between 5:00 and 6:00 o'clock Friday evening before Kelli went out. He called her from his dad's house in FL. There must be a record of the phone call available. Why can't he pin down the exact time he made the call? The time he stated previously has always been 3:00 p.m. in the afternoon.

I don't like when information changes especially if the new 'facts' benefit the person who is claiming them in some way.

*It helps to read the complete article! Now LE says Kelli went outside after midnight with NH but that they left the bar at 12:45 a.m. (not past 1:00 a.m. as was always believed early in the case). I give up trying to compute the facts as they've changed several times. Reading the article in completion, it sounds as if LE believes NH did it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back