GUILTY NC - Phillip Lee, 5, dies of methadone OD, Rockwell, 1 Sept 2008

vibec

Reaction score
This story is so sad, and has me intrigued. Little boy is dead, mom is critically ill, older brother is having trouble breathing and calls 911. I thought there would be a quick answer, but nothing yet. I hope it's not a case of mom poisoning herself and her kids.

Cause of child's death unclear

Authorities say carbon monoxide ‘pretty much' ruled out; mother is in serious condition.

Carbon monoxide has “pretty much been ruled out” as the reason a 5-year-old Cabarrus County boy died Monday afternoon near his mother, authorities said Wednesday.
But investigators with the Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office still do not know how Phillip Alexander Lee died, Chief Deputy Paul Hunt said.
Phillip's mother, Robin Lee, 45, is in serious condition at Carolinas Medical Center – NorthEast in Concord. Authorities don't know how she was hurt, Hunt said, or what killed her son.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/breaking/story/170415.html

i think it is the same robin, filly. if you look at her slide show she has little phillip in there, he is so adorable, it's so sad he died. :(

Did they buy anything made in China recently........???

i think it is the same robin, filly. if you look at her slide show she has little phillip in there, he is so adorable, it's so sad he died. :(

Oh how sad. It is them huh, Misty?

The release of the 911 call at this link saying the older boy told 911 he had just woken up. That was at after or around 2:00PM. I know teens sleep late, but this is when he found his mother "making weird noises, and :his little brother dead". I mean this poor kid. He also said he was sick and had been sick recently.

So, it wasn't just overnight if this older boy had been sick recently? Also, there is no mention of a dad. However, the older Myspace of Robin's mentions a husband and father. She kind of seemed lonely to me. Her newer Myspace only had very few people on it. Then again Myspace isn't a big deal with adults. Just considering her friends were scattered around the country that could be a good venue to communicate.

So, so sad for this family.:( Link about the 911 call.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/stories/wcnc-090208-mw-boy.3a0de814.html

O.K. not to throw more into this, but I was just looking at the Myspace for Robin. The updated one and it says she is single. So, possibly she isn't with the father of her children. She only has four "friends" on this space, and one is a guy from Ohio who is single as well. It could be a total stranger or old friend, but curiously I didn't see him on her old Myspace although the guy has not logged on since 2007. That's a little wierd. Again, prayers and sympathy for this family.

a guy I know died in his sleep recently from flu-like symptoms. I had an awful 24-bug two weeks ago. I wonder if they got bitten by a bug, poisoned intentionally or unintentionally, like food poison, or what.
Very sad and weird too!
:(
Prayers for the family.

According to the search warrant, deputies found 106 assorted medication containers inside the home.
"Some prescriptions. Some over the counter, but certainly everything appears to be legitimate," Riley said.
Deputies say they have not gotten the autopsy or toxicology reports back from the victims. Investigators are not jumping to conclusions based on what they found in the house.
"I wouldn’t say at this point that it would say anything about things other than it's just standard operating procedure for us to gather something like that," Riley said.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/topstories/stories/wcnc-090408-mw-searchwarrant.449e5c14.html

I'm not sure this is applicable to this case, but my granddaughter had cold-like symptoms last week. I came down with it and wonder if I need to go to the hospital. My son had his lung collapse in this same time period. Something bad going around or coincidence?

This is so sad....the boys are precious!!!

Wasn't there another story just like this one about a year ago or so? I never heard what happened with that one but it seemed like almost the same thing. Anyone remember that?

Prayers for this family...bless their hearts!!

Wow; sounds like an awful lot of drugs in the house! I can't imagine where I would even keep that many different containers of drugs.

It could be the drugs. But isn't there another airborne poison that they have a detector for? There was a lot of talk about it for a while, then I quit hearing it mentioned. It is something that occurs in the soil, and somehow gets into the home.

ETA: It is Radon Gas. But it looks like that isn't the answer as it doesn't have any observable symptoms, though it can cause lung cancer.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_are_the_symptoms_of_radon_poisoning

I'm glad to see that the mom, Robin is still hanging in there.

Hopefully, LE will have answers soon.

106 medication containers???? how do you get that much drugs. are they empty? have pills in them? i don't even think we have so many containers at work for our residents! and there are 26 of them! i wonder what they were? pain killers? maybe she was a hypochondriac, or had munchausens by proxy or something. eeek. that's alot of drugs.

106 medication containers???? how do you get that much drugs. are they empty? have pills in them? i don't even think we have so many containers at work for our residents! and there are 26 of them! i wonder what they were? pain killers? maybe she was a hypochondriac, or had munchausens by proxy or something. eeek. that's alot of drugs.

We probably have close to that many. 3 kids with allergies, + myself, with total of 9 prescriptions. One child taking 2 ADHD prescriptions. My dh just had major surgery and is taking 5 prescriptions. Plus all the various cold, cough, pain, vitamins, etc. OTC medicines for adults and different ages of children - maybe 20 containers.

PLUS last Dec. we used the remainder of our health care spending account to purchase around 40 different medications (with long experiation dates). We won't have to buy more for a couple of years, LOL.

Add in medicinal skin creams (for pain or itching or sun burn or prevention of infection), antacids, gas/stomach/diarrhea meds, eye drops, contact care products, stop-smoking aids - well, it can add up.

And some people don't toss out expired or out-dated medications/prescriptions.

My situation may be unusual but maybe it's the same or similar for this family?

It's so awful to imagine what might have occured to this family! I hope mom didn't have anything to do with it, but it's almost as horrible to think that some mystery illness struck them all with deadly results.

What a beautiful family, and that precious little 5 year old Phillip... so so sad!

There has been alot of bacterial pneumonia in our area, causing many children and elderly extreme illness. And several have dies from it also.

I don't know what the cause of little Phillip's death and the others' symptoms are from. I do hope the investigation brings needed answers soon.
I am keeping this beautiful mom and her children and all who love them in my prayers and thoughts.:blowkiss:

We probably have close to that many. 3 kids with allergies, + myself, with total of 9 prescriptions. One child taking 2 ADHD prescriptions. My dh just had major surgery and is taking 5 prescriptions. Plus all the various cold, cough, pain, vitamins, etc. OTC medicines for adults and different ages of children - maybe 20 containers.

PLUS last Dec. we used the remainder of our health care spending account to purchase around 40 different medications (with long experiation dates). We won't have to buy more for a couple of years, LOL.

Add in medicinal skin creams (for pain or itching or sun burn or prevention of infection), antacids, gas/stomach/diarrhea meds, eye drops, contact care products, stop-smoking aids - well, it can add up.

And some people don't toss out expired or out-dated medications/prescriptions.

My situation may be unusual but maybe it's the same or similar for this family?

It's so awful to imagine what might have occured to this family! I hope mom didn't have anything to do with it, but it's almost as horrible to think that some mystery illness struck them all with deadly results.

that's a really good idea: can you pm me with the 40 drugs (or some subset)? Thanks! --tapu

that's a really good idea: can you pm me with the 40 drugs (or some subset)? Thanks! --tapu

You mean using any leftover health care spending account money for OTC meds? Your company should have a list of what they cover. I bought, for both kids and adults, pain relievers, various creams & ointments, cold & flu medicines, contact lens care items & allergy meds. Whatever your family might use over the course of a year :)

Back on topic - I wonder if this family used herbal or 'new age' treatments? I know some combinations can be dangerous. I thought of this because last night my Aunt was over and she takes like 15 different 'vitamins'.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back