NC - Rae Carruth in the murder of Cherica Adams, 16 Nov 1999

Discussion in 'Past Trial Discussion Threads' started by blueclouds, Mar 21, 2005.

1. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

2. Casshew

Casshew Former Member

Thank goodness her baby survived the shooting... I hope he is being raised in a loving home with no contact with this SOB. :behindbar

3. blueclouds

blueclouds Former member

Cherica's mom has raised him from day one. The child has a lot of issues due to hard labour.... oxygen deprived.... I'm not sure if he was also shot inside her womb though. She seems like a very loving person. He'll have a great life and I'm sure grandma finds a lot of comfort in raising him.

AGAIN....THOUGH....Carruth will get out before he's an old man. THAT'S plain wrong. He should be strapped down.

4. JerseyGirl

JerseyGirl Moderator Forum Coordinators

Emi likes this.
  5. carole

carole Active Member

Emi likes this.
  6. YESorNO

YESorNO The Queen (aka "mrsmuir") SWBB

Rae Carruth apologizes for death of pregnant girlfriend, seeks custody of 18-year-old son

Oct 16, 2018

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Former Carolina Panthers wide receiver Rae Carruth, who has spent the past 17 years in a North Carolina prison for conspiracy to murder his pregnant girlfriend, opened up for the first time in a handwritten letter to the victim's mother.

Carruth wrote a 15-page letter to Saundra Adams, the mother of Cherica Adams, that was sent to Charlotte television station WBTV. He also spoke at length by phone with the station about the letter, accepting responsibility for the 1999 conspiracy to murder Cherica Adams and expressing interest in gaining custody of their son.

"I'm apologizing for the loss of her daughter. I'm apologizing for the impairment of my son," Carruth told WBTV. "I feel responsible for everything that happened. And I just want her to know that truly I am sorry for everything."...
    "I should be raising my son. His mother should be raising her son," Carruth said. "Ms. Adams should not be doing this and I want that responsibility back.

"I feel like he might not ever have his mother in his life but he could still have me and I could still make a difference and I don't think that's anyone's responsibility when I'm still here."

Saundra Adams told the Observer on Monday that she would not relinquish custody of Chancellor to Carruth...."

Ex-Panthers WR Carruth seeks custody of son

[​IMG]

(Saundra Adams, left, and Chancellor Lee Adams )
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SaguaroSpirit likes this.
  7. Seattle1

Seattle1 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Ex-NFL player Rae Carruth was released from prison today after spending nearly twenty years behind bars for conspiring to murder his pregnant girlfriend.

In November 1999 a man hired by Carruth shot eight-months pregnant Cherica Adams four times. She died but Carruth's son was delivered by C-section - and left with cerebral palsy and brain damage - after the attack was orchestrated by the NFL star because he didn't want to pay child support while on a $3.7million four-year contract.
    Ex-NFL star Rae Carruth gets APPLAUSE as he's freed from prison | Daily Mail Online

Only served 18 years! Carruth had said he wanted to take son from his Grandmother but backed off after media backlash.

SaguaroSpirit and carole like this.
  8. YESorNO

Rae Carruth settles in Pennsylvania after finishing 18-year prison sentence (with clip)

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials confirmed Rae Carruth has moved to Pennsylvania days after his release from prison....

The Pennsylvania Board of Probation and Parole told Channel 9 that Carruth is now under its supervision.

Carruth is on a nine-month post-release program, according to North Carolina Department of Public Safety spokesman Jerry Higgins.

The program requires Carruth to receive special permission from a case officer to leave his "designated state" or the country during that span, but is free to go wherever he pleases after nine months....

It is unclear why Carruth chose to go to Pennsylvania, because he has no known ties to the state."

RAE CARRUTH MOVES TO PENNSYLVANIA: Rae Carruth settles in Pennsylvania after finishing 18-year prison sentence
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SaguaroSpirit likes this.
  9. YESorNO

Chancellor Lee Adams, the son Rae Carruth tried to kill, to attend first Panthers game

"...Via Scott Fowler of the Charlotte Observer, Chancellor Lee and his full-time caregiver, his grandmother Saundra Adams, will attend this Sunday’s Panthers game against the Baltimore Ravens, with lower-bowl tickets, and they’ll also be on the field before the game.

“What a nice gesture by the team!” Saundra Adams told Fowler. “We are both so excited.”

As Fowler wrote, it’s long overdue....."

Chancellor Lee Adams, the son Rae Carruth tried to kill, to attend first Panthers game

[​IMG]
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harmony 2 and SaguaroSpirit like this.