Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

ABC11 EyewitnessNews‏Verified account @ABC11_WTVD

#BreakingNews Investigators believed 4-year-old Scotland County boy may have accidentally drowned
http://abc11.tv/2nfLXIX

https://twitter.com/ABC11_WTVD/status/957374997718167552

"May have" accidentally drowned. Leaving room that he may not have drowned at all. The coroner should know by the end of the night, by checking the lungs.

Something is just so hinky about this story. They went looking for him allegedly shortly after he wandered off, and yet no one took a look at the ponds right away before LE got involved?

Officials decided to drain the pond late this week because they believed it was possible that boy’s size could make it easy to miss a body in the deep, murky water, Kersey said.

But Manis refused to allow the pond to be drained and ordered sheriff’s office vehicles and personnel off that property and any other property he owns in the area.

By Friday morning, Manis had posted no trespassing signs on the property.

Officials, were still hopeful Manis would cooperate, but said they would do whatever it takes to move the investigation forward.

http://www.laurinburgexchange.com/news/13780/search-for-child-turns-to-nearby-bodies-of-water

If the info in this article is accurate, I wonder how the owner of the pond feels now. I am not accusing him of wrongdoing at all, but Raul could have been found a lot sooner...Probably afraid of a lawsuit.

I just returned home to find that his little body has been found in the pond. A total kick to the stomach.

So impressed with the LE response to this case. They really care about their community.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
Yes and that must make it so much harder! Not that it would ever be easy. But this sheriff, well this kind of sheriff, we need more of.

So sad to come on here this evening and find that this beautiful little one is gone. My heart goes out to that Sheriff and those people that all helped search so hard. Prayed for a better outcome.

Oh Raul...I so hoped this would turn out differently. My heart is aching and there are tears in my eyes as I write this.
If this was a drowning, then this was not an accident, it was NEGLECT. This child had a history of wandering away from a home where there was clearly turmoil and abuse, and no one was watching out for him. So drowned or not I struggle to see this as an accident...yes there have been cases where wonderful parents lost their children in similar fashion and that is not their fault but IMO this is different. Who was looking out for Raul in his short four years on this planet? No one, from what I can tell. Shame.
Regarding the uncle, we have seen others be arrested for unrelated charges during the course of an investigation (Libby and Abby case for example) and I would bet that this is the case (arrested on something unrelated). Otherwise I think by this case we might have heard something to the contrary.

RIP sweet one... [emoji177]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We all hoped for a better ending and a better life for little man Raul. Very, very sad ending.

Oh dear, this is so sad.
His little life was just beginning and I am so sad to read this [emoji17]
I am so grateful for the amazing job LE has done. If it is determined not to be an accident, I have full confidence that they would turn over every leaf in order to bring justice to this sweet angel.
RIP Raul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rose: RIP Raul :rose:

:floating:

Oh no. RIP, little guy. I'm so sorry.

I don't know what that Sheriff's reputation in the community is, but IMO, if charges can be brought forth, he may try. But isn't it up to the DA to prosecute or not? IMO this death was totally preventable, whether he wandered and drowned or not.

The pond surely was within the range for a child his age to walk. And that has happened in other cases. So maybe it did this time. Whether someone murdered him or not remains open. I say there's arrests that could be made on things other than murder though. And this is unfortunate that I feel this way. Normally I feel that parents who have a deceased child is punishment enough. Not today. This child has lots of siblings that are now without him, and siblings that need to be protected in their lives, IMO!

RIP little guy. This is so upsetting that this could have been completely prevented. You can't just let a 4 year old wander around on their own. :tears:

Rest in Power, Raul. With that smile and sparkle in your eye, I'm sure you would have made a difference in this world.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back