GUILTY NC - Sara, 8, & John Miranda, 5, shot to death, Charlotte, 3 March 2006

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by curious_mom, Mar 5, 2006.

1. curious_mom

curious_mom Verified Insider

2. Loading...

3. PrayersForMaura

PrayersForMaura Help Find Maura Murray

This is terrible!

Apparently he's made threats before, too.

And ironically, the story says this is the third instance in recent times where a parent in the area has killed two of his/her children.

What is wrong with people?

:(

Rest in peace, little angels.

4. PrayersForMaura

PrayersForMaura Help Find Maura Murray

Police: Children killed in pajamas

Father accused of shooting boy, girl in bed, leaving them to burn

The two children were in their pajamas Friday night, already tucked into bed, when their father shot them multiple times, police said.

The bodies of Sara and John, ages 8 and 5, were then left in their shared bed to burn in their northeast Charlotte home.

Police say Gilberto Miranda Cuellar, 36, had been watching the children at his former Frew Road home as his estranged wife worked at a cleaning service.

Miranda was found hours later, lying on a nearby road with what

More: http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/news/14027648.htm

the story about the little girl writing the janitor a letter just breaks my heart. :(
    These were good kids. They didn't deserve this. No child does. What a monster. What coward! I hope he rots in hell! :furious:

5. GreenEyedGirl

GreenEyedGirl New Member

This breaks my heart. That poor mother and what she must be going through. And the father.....what a piece of s*it! He soooo needs to rot in h*ll!!!:furious: :furious: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

6. Marie

Marie Daughter, if you don't remember us...who will?

7. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

http://www.charlotte.com/112/story/364973.html

Before he shot his two children to death, Gilberto Miranda Cuellar prepared their home for the fire he would later set.
    He spread clothing over the floor of their east Charlotte apartment and stuffed the cabinets with paper towels, prosecutor Glenn Cole said. And he poured gasoline over the clothes and furniture and floors.

8. ckwood32

ckwood32 New Member

That story is so sad. Those poor babies. WHAT A LOSER - if I could kill him I would. Why do people kill their children? Why didn't he just kill himself? Why did that Mother let him watch the children in the first place if he was making all of those threats?? She should have taken them far away from him! This just makes me so angry.

9. georgiagirl

georgiagirl Opinionated Southern Belle

I hope there is a special place in Hell for these scumbags!! :furious: The part about the little girl saying "Hold me" rips my heart out~she was so innocent to her father's evil intent..... God bless their little souls.

10. Ntegrity

Ntegrity Former Member

Amen. God bless those babies.

11. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

Another twisted sicko, it's a pity he got out of that house. What an idiot, gasoline will burn right off the fumes. My prayers for the mother..

12. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

I think fathers kill their children, for the most part, because they know it's the one thing they can do to cause the most brutal, neverending pain to the mother. They don't kill themselves because they know that sort of heatache wouldn't haunt the mothers for terribly long.

I cannot blame the mother for not taking the kids away. I don't think that she thought he would do this. Plenty of men (and women) threaten and say terrible things whe they are angry. It takes a special kind of crazy to carry out on something like this (and per the story, he didn't threaten to kill the kids, he threatened to kill himself in front of them) and I doubt the mother took him seriously.

Prayers for this family.

13. SadieMae

SadieMae Former Member

This story has seriously made me ill!!! OMG!! How could he have done this, how could a person kill their child crying out for comfort???!!! How cold can the human heart be?

14. PSUfan

PSUfan New Member

I have to disagree. This is what the killer said

Normal, angry people do not say things like this. The mother of these children should not have allowed him to babysit, while making these threats. She shouldve called the police. Granted, the outcome may have been the same... but she would at least know that she was not allowing a threatening man to watch her children.

15. Belinda

Belinda Doer of Things

Gilberto Miranda Cuellar

Guilty Plea
    Sentence Date: 11/15/2007

Offense: 2 counts 1st Degree Murder
    Sentence: 2 Life Sentences - Consecutive

Projected Release Date: None