NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
[/quote] logicalmind to me that is nonsense....of course they should have checked out the trailer and living conditions and the people in it

wouldn't you do the same for boarding a pet??

loved and cared for and sent off with an overnight bag into a crack den?? with felons and an HIV positive new "daddy"?? Let's get real here

5 happy healthy years>> then adios kid, welcome to h//ll??

Crystal Ball?? It seems to suggest that parents and caregivers are OK if they just send their kids off into any situation without checking it out

Following that line of thinking...other crackheads at Sleepy Hollow can set up a "summer camp" and/or an "Birthday Party" venue...and if suburban parents send their kids there without checking it out, then I guess that is ok right??

If something bad happens..."they didn't have a crystal ball"

Really I know for a fact I have spent more time checking out pet hotels/boarding situations/pet sitters...sorry but this is JMO [/quote]

snipped from a closed thread

I was under the impression that momster had been having occassional visits (1 or 2 days) with Shaniya over the years and that this visit was also only supposed to be for a weekend. It is my impression based off statements from bio dad and aunt that mom asked for a bit longer with daughter via phone call. It would be interesting to see if dad or paternal aunt actually spoke with Shaniya at that time.

All interviews and coverage I have seen (aside from NG who is forever mistating and misquoting for her own sensational benefit on tv program) suggest that she was not "shipped off" to mom or new HIV daddy in the manner which you are suggesting.

I'm really bothered by the words "she'd been working for the past 6 months & she seemed to be getting her life together"! Would somebody please explain to me how 2.5 months ago this woman was living in a house that was raided for drugs and over the summer (same time frame as drug raid) she was investigated by DSS over the well-being of her 7 y/o son... but...she was getting her life together?

I'm truly sorry but even superglue couldn't hold that farce together. It doesn't even make sense.

good morning everybody! Just getting home and found that catching up to where I left off on this thread last night is going to take a looooong time! I would sooo appreciate a brief update if any of you wouldn't mind.. I was a good WSer and checked wral first and see that there are no further charges yet.... but what is up with BD? Father? etc? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help a nurse out ;-)
Hi nurse. I'm off from work today and trying to catch up, myself. The discussion this morning has focused mainly on the father and why on earth he allowed the poor baby to go live with AD when so many around him offered to take her in. Friends and family are coming forth now. Those who offered to take her in include, his former father-in-law (grandfather of Byron); a Mr. Allen, who is sheltering his daughter, Cheyenne; and others.

The Humane Society doesn't even allow you to adopt a pet without checking out living conditions!

O/T: How do you get a YouTube link to copy without showing the whole video box? Every time I do it I get the video box to copy as well. TIA.

Go back to post
Click on Edit
Click On Go Advance
Remove the check mark (3rd one down) where it says: Automatically embed media.
Save changes

She shares Shaniyah's middle name, Nicole. Don't know her age.

Thank you Bessie!

So momster, aunt brenda and Shaniya all have the same middle name.

I found several articles that gave her age as 20 when she made the statements about momster not doing this.

Thanks so much for your response.

And I'd also like to know more about why Shaniya was allowed to have unsupervised visitation with her bio mom knowing the house she lived in last July was raided for drugs and then DSS had to investigate the welfare of her 7 y/o son. Why the FFF does this stuff keep happening? We have all kinds of looneys throwing themselves in the middle of the street or hanging from skyscrapers all in the name of protecting the animals or our environment - why the hell can't people do the same thing for these little innocent children? Where's the friggin' priority here? I'm about sick of it all! I understand have the right to pick & choose, and that at least it's good to be involved in something, but I do have to question why that something doesn't include underage mankind? I mean, wtf? These are the future leaders of our world people! They will make decisions in adulthood, if they make it that far, based on what they learned as children...and most of the time end up as part of the problem b/c nobody gave a damn about making a difference in their lives!

I feel 100% sympathy for Aunt Carey. She seems like an incredible woman.

1) at the time the household was raided for drugs (it was NOT the trailer they currently reside in - it was a previous residence) Shaniya was not present. She was sent there on a VISIT. Custody was not turned over to mom, dad did not agree to let her reside there it was a VISIT. So authorities may not even have known of Shaniya's existence as a minor child of momster at the time of the drug raid, why would they? DCF would have no reason to check on the welfare of little Shaniya as she did not live there.

2) The custody arrangement was apparently NOT one worked out by the court but was more likely a matter of SUPERMOM handing over her infant because she had no use for her and bio dad taking her and raising her with occassional visits to momster a/k/a supermom. Because the custody arrangement was outside of the system the system would then have no reason to notify bio dad of momster's behavior, the drug raid, the concerns for children in the household etc.

IMOO Dad had no idea of the sort of lifestyle mom was living, his only error was probably taking mom at her word. if he lived 3 states away and had only whatever conversations he had with momster to go on, what normal person suspects this kind of depravity can exist in a biological mother???

If Davis and McNeill sold her to someone who murdered her, they would also be charged with murder, right?

So many of these tragic cases have the same theme.....irresponsible parents putting their own wants above the needs of their kids. I guess I'll be accused of being old fashioned, but lifestyle choices DO matter! Having kids out of wedlock, moving in and out various bfs/gfs, allowing unsavory people be around the kids....recipe for disaster.

rant over...:blushing:

I hoped I don't get bashed - but...

As sickening as this case is, it really turns my stomach to hear all of the controversary being talked about the father. And although he even admits to making the wrong mistake by letting Shaniya go to her mom's we MUST not forget all of the LOVE and GUIDANCE this father provided to her (when her biological mother was out getting stoned and doing whatever...) Is he father of the year - probably not, nor I believe are many of us... we have all made mistakes and some we may look back on and still kick ourselves for. But we must at least find it in our hearts to NOT forget that he was there for this little girl when others (especially the ONE you'd think would be) wasn't.

Again, please don't bash, I just really don't like to see all of the negative comments on here regarding this heartbroken man. And some of you that even believe this man is acting, I remind all of you: did we EVER see the mother pleas to the public for her child? What was her reaction while staniding in court (only hours after hearing her daughter's body was found)? Please do not lose sight of the big picture and that was little Shaniya's life was taken by some really EVIL people. (Not if the dad is acting or not). He provided the only loving home this girl EVER knew.

Just as I don't think McNeils drug dealing involved cartels in Columbia and Mexico, I hardly think this bumbling bunch of crackheads had any "foreign" connection

the "foreign" or island reference seems to be to the dog handlers, some from islands who were training here and participated in the search

From the start I felt all the concern about "human trafficing" was going nowhere..this was a case of a low life crack ho and her dealer using her precious daughter for some drugs and/or money

there is no "russian" or Thai connection...look at the cruddy single wide trailer with bad plumbing in the worst part of a small southern city

these people are not jewel theives...tho they might grab a gold chain
they are not high level drug dealers...they may sell crack, meth
street level
AD was never a "call girl">> I think her going rate might be a rock
These are the lowest of the low scum, I think the whole thing is just sad and sorry and the worst part of it is that it could have been prevented at so many different places and ways

why was McNeil released from his probation early pray tell?? why were 2 felons consorting together..that alone was enough to put them both away right?

how could social services allow this living arrangement?? what about an HIV /borderline aids person impregnanting a woman?? Isn't that a crime?

and how in the h//ll could the loving family that bought Shaynia princess dresses pack her bags and deliver her to that infested festering trailer in the worst part of town?? I want the LE to take their time and build this case tight and solid against every one of these scum

Nothing wrong with that...I choose not to wait

I have seen other posts by you talking about "bashing" and "respect" and after any post of information or questions regarding how the h//l this beautiful little girl went from her happy home to a horror trailer

again, I am NOT making up stuff, I am not "bashing"......I am commenting on things in the media and also asking LOGICAL questions

Too bad more people in Shaynia's life didn't ask those sort of questions when she was alive

Let me put it real simple....you have a sweet little yorkie...you want to "board" it while you go on a vacation

so....do you find a nice pet hotel , vet office??
do you check it out??

or do you take it over to a reeking trailer where felons live with a pit ring outside and a kennel of fighting dogs??

and after the yorkie is used as "tease" dog, gobbled up do you say "well I wanted to give them a chance"

I have used more "due dilligence" on boarding a cat than was used here

NO stranger came and snatched Shaynia...her bags were packed, her favorite blankie was included and she was driven into the pit ring JMO

JMO of course

Wholeheartedly agree, logical... in fact "due diligence" was the phrase I used in my own heartfelt post. I think it is a shame that those here who have had the courage to raise questions re how Shaniya could have been entrusted to this mother, in this place (myself included), have been raked over the coals for "bashing" the father. I want to thank those advocates of Shaniya who endured a bit of "bashing" themselves... from those incensed when it was suggested the fitness of a parent who biologically produced a child should ever be questioned vs automatically deemed "fit." All for simply asking where the breakdown occurred.

And that was before hearing the recent reports--which should be enough to cause everyone to reassess this dreadful situation. Where was all this "love" and "guidance" when this precious baby was dropped at this creepy #ellhole with a seeya and a couple days' clothing.

The point that shouldn't be lost here is that it doesn't take malice to endanger or risk a child's life. A fair amount of negligence is all that's required. And as you, SuziQ, myself et al have pointed out there were ample warning signs, missed opportunities to intervene on a number of levels, and plenty of blame to go around. There is more reason now than ever to suspect the father had some inkling of those conditions and to lay some of this squarely at his feet. So often when even the most basic cautionary wisdom has been overlooked we see the greatest wailing and gnashing of teeth afterwards... so we are reluctant to level any criticism.

Maybe if we can face squarely the omissions and be honest about the many ways in which Shaniya was failed instead of attacking the people advocating for more responsible stewardship and stringent safeguards, we could become a force for change. Parents aren't owners but stewards of children and it seems the breakdown for Shaniya didn't stop there it was at every level, but ultimately beginning and ending w her parents--one admittedly by their actively, aggressively, coldheartedly and callously selling her child; and the other it appears by their inactive, passive indifference to all the neon flashing lights, bells, buzzers and whistles. Shaniya you deserved SOOOOOO much more honey.

I think fayetteville got the message that their spokesperson was to cheery in this case. I like this guy much better. He seems professional.

Yes I half jokingly referred to her after the very first conference as Miss Smiley Pants and was flamed for that too. :computer:

:parrot:

1) at the time the household was raided for drugs (it was NOT the trailer they currently reside in - it was a previous residence) Shaniya was not present. She was sent there on a VISIT. Custody was not turned over to mom, dad did not agree to let her reside there it was a VISIT. So authorities may not even have known of Shaniya's existence as a minor child of momster at the time of the drug raid, why would they? DCF would have no reason to check on the welfare of little Shaniya as she did not live there.

2) The custody arrangement was apparently NOT one worked out by the court but was more likely a matter of SUPERMOM handing over her infant because she had no use for her and bio dad taking her and raising her with occassional visits to momster a/k/a supermom. Because the custody arrangement was outside of the system the system would then have no reason to notify bio dad of momster's behavior, the drug raid, the concerns for children in the household etc.

IMOO Dad had no idea of the sort of lifestyle mom was living, his only error was probably taking mom at her word. if he lived 3 states away and had only whatever conversations he had with momster to go on, what normal person suspects this kind of depravity can exist in a biological mother???

He lives 3 states away??? I missed that.

His children, the parents of his murdered wife and his best friend ALL knew about the bad enviroment at AD's place of residence.

Allright I think LE can not do anything until they can determine when and where Shaniya was killed and that could take a while (sigh)

And yet it is also reported that no further charges could be filed until jurisdiction could be determined.

:banghead:

I say put all of the powers that be in a locked room and do not let them out until they can agree how to proceed. Have breakfast, lunch, and dinner brought in until a determination is made. But get it on and raise the bail to about 3 million dollars. The 's won't go anywhere then.

The current charges were definately in Cumberland County. Her body was found in Lee County, the same county where she was seen on hotel video. It would seem that she never made it back to Cumberland County. This is a Catch 22 situation, IMO.

Solution - let the Feds prosecute.

MOO

tlcox

snipped for space

was under the impression that momster had been having occassional visits (1 or 2 days) with Shaniya over the years and that this visit was also only supposed to be for a weekend. It is my impression based off statements from bio dad and aunt that mom asked for a bit longer with daughter via phone call. It would be interesting to see if dad or paternal aunt actually spoke with Shaniya at that time.

All interviews and coverage I have seen (aside from NG who is forever mistating and misquoting for her own sensational benefit on tv program) suggest that she was not "shipped off" to mom or new HIV daddy in the manner which you are suggesting.

This is what I'm having a hard time understanding. If that were the case then why was she withdrawn from school in Oct. I would think that the Aunt who was listed as the guardian on school records would be the only one who could authorize this?

So many tragedies could have been prevented-but unfortunetly they happen. IMO if Somer and Elizabeth werent walking home with out adult supervision they would still be alive. But I dont know their parents reason for allowing that. Even if BL didnt raise Shaniya 100% he still stepped up to the plate more than AD ever did...his pain is real and I just dont want us to forget that he is also a victim, anybody who genuinely loved and cared for Shaniya is a victim in this case. IMO until charges are brought on BL that is when I will have no sympathy for him.

I think BL loved Shaniya in his own way & feels horribly guilty but unfortunately it is way too late now for him to prevent/stop the pain & suffering she endured for how long? before she was murdered..It was so obvious Shaniya was in danger..Why & how did he fail to see it when so many others did?..It had to be from turning a blind eye..That is inexcusable to many of us..BL blew it & even he knows it.

Thank you Bessie!

So momster, aunt brenda and Shaniya all have the same middle name.

I found several articles that gave her age as 20 when she made the statements about momster not doing this.

Thanks so much for your response.
You're most welcome. Here's another interesting tidbit discovered by member Everyoneneedsavoice the other night. (I don't remember the thread number, but it was posted rather late Saturday night.) Voting registration records (thru the DMV, I'm pretty sure) show that in April 2008, MAM, AA (MAM's current gf who attended his arraignment), and BD resided at the same address.

tlcox

snipped for space

was under the impression that momster had been having occassional visits (1 or 2 days) with Shaniya over the years and that this visit was also only supposed to be for a weekend. It is my impression based off statements from bio dad and aunt that mom asked for a bit longer with daughter via phone call. It would be interesting to see if dad or paternal aunt actually spoke with Shaniya at that time.

This is what I'm having a hard time understanding. If that were the case then why was she withdrawn from school in Oct. I would think that the Aunt who was listed as the guardian on school records would be the only one who could authorize this?

Right, this is another example of the conflicting information out there. Aunt Carey says, dropped her off for the weekend, AD then said she wasn't coming back.

Dad says, wanted to give AD chance to be a mom (implication is, for longer than a weekend visit)

Recent news reports from Dad's friends say Dad was making arrangements for Shaniya prior to going out of town. Had alternatives to AD, but chose to send her there (again, implication is, for longer term).

It is becoming relatively clear (as clear as anything is in this case) that Dad and Aunt Carey had some conflicts over decisions about Shaniya, and the communication doesn't seem to be good.

What does that mean, in the context of this case? That's the question.

Father either lives several states away or works several states away.

I'm really bothered by the words "she'd been working for the past 6 months & she seemed to be getting her life together"! Would somebody please explain to me how 2.5 months ago this woman was living in a house that was raided for drugs and over the summer (same time frame as drug raid) she was investigated by DSS over the well-being of her 7 y/o son... but...she was getting her life together?

I'm truly sorry but even superglue couldn't hold that farce together. It doesn't even make sense.

Plus, all the while working in an ALF? Wouldn't DSS be concerned that a caregiver under investigation might be a drug user? Did AD have any drug testing done? Man-lots of red flags missed or ignored here!! Bottom line-Shaniya didn't have to die!!:furious:

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
You're most welcome. Here's another interesting tidbit discovered by member Everyoneneedsavoice the other night. (I don't remember the thread number, but it was posted rather late Saturday night.) Voting registration records (thru the DMV, I'm pretty sure) show that in April 2008, MAM, AA (MAM's current gf who attended his arraignment), and BD resided at the same address.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member