NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't believe that I actually looked at McNeill and didn't see it. I didn't see rapist or murderer...and I should have. I'll be the first one that says, I should have seen it. I should not have allowed myself to believe for one minute that he was doing anything other than what he appeared to be doing...
I'm an idiot, and even in the limited capacity that we have to get involved here, I should have never believed in him. But I did, and I can't change it.
I'm sorry for everyone that had faith that I was right and especially sorry to Shaniya's memory that I couldn't see what should have been blatantly obvious.

I hope every child this demon has come in contact with is examined and evaluated by a doctor. This may not be the first time. It could just be the first time it was with someone old enough to tell on him. jmo

Last night, I saw several reports that said they were certain she did not die in the hotel, then LKL says they are exploring the possibility that she did die in the hotel room with the 911 call as cover.
Any idea which one is correct?
If they have footage showing her alive, leaving the hotel, like they have been saying, doesn't that blow that one out of the water.

Why did he take her to where there is a camera?
What if he just took her back in the room again where there is no camera.:waitasec: Just thinking that he could have walked her past a camera for his own reasons.

I just can't believe that I actually looked at McNeill and didn't see it. I didn't see rapist or murderer...and I should have. I'll be the first one that says, I should have seen it. I should not have allowed myself to believe for one minute that he was doing anything other than what he appeared to be doing...
I'm an idiot, and even in the limited capacity that we have to get involved here, I should have never believed in him. But I did, and I can't change it.
I'm sorry for everyone that had faith that I was right and especially sorry to Shaniya's memory that I couldn't see what should have been blatantly obvious.

Don't beat yourself up for assuming innocence and giving someone the benefit of doubt. That's not stupidity, it's humanity.

Shaniya's case has hit me very hard. When I was a child, my own mother used to invite grown men to rape me. It started when I was about two and a half, according to records/family member's memory. My earliest memories (from around age four) are of being raped and ridiculed by grown men.

My mother was given money by the men she let rape me. I don't think that was her sole reason for doing it though. I strongly believe she had been sexually abused in her own childhood and she had this disgusting attitude where she wanted her own daughters to go through the same thing she did. She seemed to 'get off' on my being violated. She didn't get off in a sexual sense, I mean it just seemed to please her somehow to see me defiled.

Also, one extremely unpleasant factor nobody's really touched on. It is physically very difficult for a grown man to rape a child of four, five etc. A child of that age is very small and to rape a child of that size has to be a very, very, very violent act. When this was happening to me, I would wound up getting beaten when the man was unable to proceed with the rape easily. I feared this may have happened to Shaniya - the perp became frustrated because of how hard it is to rape such a tiny child and he got violent with her and killed her.

I strongly suspect that the mother in Shaniya's case didn't want Shaniya to die. Not because she loved her but rather because she wanted to continue prostituting her out for cash. My own mother also did not want me to die, because I was a source of cash for her. She would have been very annoyed if one of the perps had actually killed me - but of course it so easily could have happened.

It warms my heart how caring so many people have been in demanding to know what happened to Shaniya and in remembering her. I urge those same people to please have room in their hearts for those of us who were brutalised and raped as babies and children but who DIDN'T die. In my case, I didn't die in the physical sense but spiritually I died from that first childhood rape. Because I am now a woman and no longer an adorable innocent little child, nobody really cares.

Just wanted to let you know, I really care! I cried while reading your post. I'll never understand how anyone could do such a thing. I really do hope there is a very special place reserved for them in hell. No justice man can inflict seems like enough to me.

I'm also wondering what makes a woman do this (prostitute out her little baby girl). I am wondering what made Antoinette Davis do this (if she really did) and what made my mother do it. If it's all about money, there are so many other ways to get illicit money - the woman could become a prostitute herself, she could deal drugs, she could steal, get involved in armed robbery, she could commit fraud. So what makes her take the path of turning her baby into a prostitute? I think it has to do with something deeper than money. You surely have to have a screw loose to do such a thing. And like I said in my earlier post, in my situation, my mother appears to have been sexually abused/exploited herself as a child.

It would be very interesting to find out more information about Antoinette's background.

And this Mario creature... he had a criminal history but not for anything to do with pedophilia or sexual assault. Why did he suddenly decide to rape a baby? WTF. Or had her perhaps been raping kids for a long time but never been caught?

There are just so many unanswered questions and I can't stop worrying about it.

We can't even say "at least she didn't suffer" about Shaniya's death, can we? She suffered terribly.

I just think Mario hadn't beeen caught yet. The vast majority of twisted freaks like him aren't discovered until they're in their 30's..........if at all. This wasn't his first time. imo

I also thought he was the middle man, the mule.
I saw guilty of traficking, but I did not see murder either.... :(
What I wonder is: WHY did he fess up so fast? there is much he is hidding too. He is taking the entire wrap for a reason. I just dont know what the reason is.

Why did he take her to where there is a camera?
What if he just took her back in the room again where there is no camera.:waitasec: Just thinking that he could have walked her past a camera for his own reasons.
That would make sense. As much sense as anything else.
I do have the feeling that he knew the camera was there. I don't see someone with a history that long not looking for cameras or just assuming they would be everywhere in a newer hotel.

I do have the feeling that he knew the camera was there. I don't see someone with a history that long not looking for cameras or just assuming they would be everywhere in a newer hotel.
Exactly...That is why I always believed that the pictures in the hotel were staged for us.

Do you think he wanted to be caught? I can't think of any other reason why someone would knowingly commit a crime where they knew there would be cameras.

I just can't believe that I actually looked at McNeill and didn't see it. I didn't see rapist or murderer...and I should have.

That's the thing, sweety. We can never tell.

Looks has NOTHING to do with personality! We are all just people!

Do you think he wanted to be caught? I can't think of any other reason why someone would knowingly commit a crime where they knew there would be cameras.

At first I thought he wanted to be caught, but not anymore. Now, I just think he assumed from the beginning that there would never be any report, no one would have any reason to look at the tapes.

I have wondered since the beginning what someone who looked, and carried himself like at least a drug lieutenant was hanging with the people he was, below his rank...
Easy access to kids. He's likely been doing this a long time, using drugs to get to addict's children. Hopefully this is the first time he killed.

I think Mario may not have been concerned with being seen on the camera because he was not intending to actually kill Shaniya. At that point, in his mind, he hadn't committed a legal offense for which he would fear being be made accountable. That is--if AD gave him permission to "take" Shaniya, for whatever purpose, then there was nothing illegal about Shaniya "being with him". From what I can see in those images, Shaniya looks very possibly drugged. Her eyes look puffy and expressionless. Perhaps he had drugged her and roughed her up to the point where she later died, or perhaps he thought she was dying and felt he had no choice but to "finish her off". But my point is that at the moment that video was taken, he might not have cared about being seen because he had Shaniya "legally" (ie AD gave her to him so it wasn't a "kidnapping), and he planned to bring Shaniya back alive. Therefore, he didn't anticipate any crime being reported.

The wierd thing I remember about being abused when I was a child, after it was over, I immediately felt happy that it was over. Sort of like, whew, that's over. Where's my coloring book?? I want to swing on the swingset. If the thought of it came to my mind, I immediately pushed it away.

My sister did not react this way. She dwelled on it, night and day. And was angry that I didn't. She has had an extremely difficult life. Most of the time, we don't know where she is. I keep praying that she will find the ability to do what she needs to do to heal.

I seriously believe Shaniya could have come *back* and been okay (with time) after McNiell hurt her. That demon killed her to keep her from talking about what he did.

I want science and technology and a fierce prosecutor to be her voice.
I am so sorry for your horrific ordeal.. :( Blessing to you and your sister.
GOSH this case is shedding a light on just how many sad stories live on in our cities and have been going on for so many many years. :(

:waitasec: But McNiell from what I have read was a smart student in his day.
So what made him think that killing Shaniya would release responsibility off himself.?
He knew how the law works. :waitasec:
what made him think that Rape charge would have been a worse fate then a murder wrap?????

That's the thing, sweety. We can never tell.

Looks has NOTHING to do with personality! We are all just people!

I didn't mean his physical look.
Normally, there really is something in the eyes...I missed it this time.

Would be interesting to know if and when MAM rented the room.

Or if HE did.I still want to find out if others are involved. Someone else could have rented the room then MAM delivered her there.

I keep wondering if LE really is saying there may be a whole ring, or if that's just the media getting a few more stories out of this.
Does anyone know for sure?

I'm also wondering what makes a woman do this (prostitute out her little baby girl). I am wondering what made Antoinette Davis do this (if she really did) and what made my mother do it. If it's all about money, there are so many other ways to get illicit money - the woman could become a prostitute herself, she could deal drugs, she could steal, get involved in armed robbery, she could commit fraud. So what makes her take the path of turning her baby into a prostitute? I think it has to do with something deeper than money. You surely have to have a screw loose to do such a thing. And like I said in my earlier post, in my situation, my mother appears to have been sexually abused/exploited herself as a child.

It would be very interesting to find out more information about Antoinette's background.

And this Mario creature... he had a criminal history but not for anything to do with pedophilia or sexual assault. Why did he suddenly decide to rape a baby? WTF. Or had her perhaps been raping kids for a long time but never been caught?

There are just so many unanswered questions and I can't stop worrying about it.

We can't even say "at least she didn't suffer" about Shaniya's death, can we? She suffered terribly.

First of all {{{{{{{hugs to you}}}}}}}}}}}. I am so sorry for the betrayal of your childhood, the cruelest cut is when it is your own trusted parent who is behind it. You are a survivor and I hope you know that. It is really important to recognize that you are not a victim, but a survivor. By being open about the past, you can affect anothers future so I applaud you.

I have to compliment you on your perception about your mother's reasoning/justification of her acts. I think you are right on the money. Abuse begats abuse begats abuse. Often the adult "victim" of such abuse then turns around to perpetrate the same pain and humiliation upon someone weaker. This usually happens when the physchological damage from the original abuse has not been dealt with emotionally and instead festers, like a cancer, there.

Eventually that person will reach a point where they feel weak, powerless, and it calls up all those old feelings from the time of abuse. In a sick, twisted way, they then assume what they perceived as the position of power, the abuser, and inflict abuse on their own victim. And so on, and so on, and so on. That is why this dispicable crime is so insideous.

I congratulate you on your ability to talk about your abuse, as secrecy is what perpetuates this sickness. If we could end the secrecy and lose the sense of shame and address this problem as a society, maybe, just maybe, we could stop this horrible cycle.

{{{{{hugs to alwaysonmymind as well}}}}}}}}}}

PLeAse give this case a forum. No need to repost the reason thanks, we have all it seen it posted several times over 18 threads. This is getting ridiculous now... we cannot keep track of information.

So what will happen in court today? Will more details come out or is it just a judge telling him his rights again? Setting a court date?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam