NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
dont know if its been mentioned, but does anyone know if rape kits are being done on other children within that home? I truly hope so......jmo
That is a good question!!!

Yeah I liked the quote from our poster that said ...from Barbie Dolls to Cigarette Butts

Attachments

• BUGGED-INSIDE-SHANIYAcom5_11_20_09INSIDE-SHANIYAS-HOUSE-davistrl-023.jpg
    BUGGED-INSIDE-SHANIYAcom5_11_20_09INSIDE-SHANIYAS-HOUSE-davistrl-023.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 38
Sniperacer, in the last thread you asked if women get death row for killing their kids. Here is some info. They are all dispicable human beings, but my particular hatred goes to Debra Milke who took life insurance on her 4 year old son, dressed him up in his favorite cowboy boots and hat. Then sent him off with her BF telling the little boy he was going to see Santa. Then BF shot him and left him in a ditch. Feel gooders are in the process of trying to get her a new trial.

http://crime.about.com/od/female_offenders/a/mother_killers.htm

The nation is always shocked by criminal cases such as Andrea Yates, a mother of five who methodically drowned all of her children in a bathtub then calmly called police, but mothers killing their children are more common than we might think.

According to the American Anthropological Association, more than 200 women kill their children in the United States each year. Three to five children a day are killed by their parents. Homicide is one of the leading causes of death of children under age four, yet we continue to "persist with the unrealistic view that this is rare behavior," says Jill Korbin, expert on child abuse, who has studied mothers who killed their children.
We should detach from the idea of universal motherhood as natural and see it as a social response," Nancy Scheper-Hughes, medical anthropologist says. Women in jail reported that no-one believed them when they said they wanted to kill their children. "There's a collective denial even when mothers come right out and say, "I really shouldn't be trusted with my kids." A look at the rolls of women who are currently on death row, and the crimes that put them there, shows that women who kill their children are indeed not as rare as we would like to believe. Of the 49 women on death row, 11 killed children:

More at link

I think it all depends on your definition of rare. There are about 82 million mothers in the US. If 200 kill their children every year, that's 0.0000025. I'd say that's exceeding rare myself.

I agree with you. We do not know what Mr. Lockhart was aware of before this horrendous murder. When asked by Oprah "It has been reported as you know, that Antoinette may have sold Shaniya into sex slavery to pay off a drug debt. Brad, what do you know about this?" Brad Lockhart replied "I don't know anything about that, just what I have been told"

I just wish people would listen to the facts before jumping to a conclusion and running with it.

This is the Youtube and this can be heard at 35 seconds.

http://www.veoh.com/browse/morelike/v19399035NKAq9CqF#watch=e121525fcyKEcYw

The poster clearly said:
I heard on the early morning news today that Lockhart is saying .............

I'm sure that children's services have been involved with the other kids,LE probably made sure of that.Also,BD being evicted by MH owner,she said she went to court yesterday to get her out and was on a list to be evicted in October,non payment of rent.I don't believe anyone in that MH could not have known what was going on,so I hope LE is working close with child services on this one.

Yep,sick pgs go to grave sites,take flowers and things,I know that,from my grandparents sites.It's so wicked.

A bronze flower vase is missing from my husbands grave. I actually get that one because of metal theft going on. But the flowers and trinkets.....some people really don't think it's theft to steal from a dead person. There was one lady who made and sold crafts. She was very prolific and hit several cemetaries on a regular basis for supplies. She argued it was all going in the garbage anyway. She was convicted of theft. Another guy used to jog every night through the cemetary my husband is at. And everynight he brought home cemetary flowers and trinkets to his wife. He was convicted of theft as well.

not 3 other children (?) cos it was reported by ? it's true bd also has an infant which was a rumor from day 1.

I believe AD has a 7 year old and sister,BD,has two.MAM's gf stated in an interview that AD's sister has a baby with her brother.

Nancy Grace from Friday night is finally uploaded to YouTube. Just click on the link in my siggie.

It's not uncommon for African-American people in the south to have the funerals for their loved ones on Sunday. It's pretty much a standard practice where I come from.

Same here (Maine) passionflower, their held on Saturdays as Sunday is considered a day of worship and therefore it would interfere with other, nonfriends/family members of the deceased, getting to/having their Sunday services. I wouldn't be surprised if Shaniya's funeral is going to be more about saving sinners & leading all of those felons who deserve a second chance to the Lord, rather than about Shaniya's precious - but too damn short life! JMO - NMS

Many of the Davis clan are heavily involved in a pentacostal church run by Leona Davis/Cromartie. Have to look at my notes for the name - not the church where the funeral is being held. In non-profit tax filings, she is listed as the filer. Leona speaks at different churches as an evangalist. You can expect this to be a traditional pentacostal service. IMO

A bronze flower vase is missing from my husbands grave. I actually get that one because of metal theft going on. But the flowers and trinkets.....some people really don't think it's theft to steal from a dead person. There was one lady who made and sold crafts. She was very prolific and hit several cemetaries on a regular basis for supplies. She argued it was all going in the garbage anyway. She was convicted of theft. Another guy used to jog every night through the cemetary my husband is at. And everynight he brought home cemetary flowers and trinkets to his wife. He was convicted of theft as well.

Oh that is so sad,I'm so sorry.I can't believe people would think it was okay and glad they are being convicted.They should be.

I would still like these questions answered:

Did BL call SD at AD's at all in that five week period?

When AD called CLD and stated that she would never see SD again, why didn't she call BL immediately or simply take a seven minute drive over there?

Too many things are not adding up. I can't get those questions out of my mind. When my daughter went to her father's house for more than a w/e visit, I always called to talk to her. If he had called any of my relatives & stated that they would never see my daughter again, they would have called me immediately, the police would have been called and a visit to his house would have been a given. Something stinks & isn't just the MH.

Carey said that she dropped Shaniya off four weeks ago and had not spoken to her since that day,when she was in that presser in front of BL's home.Father was out of state and has not mentioned speaking with her during that time,either.

Things on here move so fast. I read every day but can’t keep up so I’m not
sure if anyone has put this out there…..
last night I couldn’t sleep thinking about this case and the 3 am noise
and blanket in the trash…..
It makes me sick to think this but it’s possible that Mario had brought Shaniya
back to the house at 3 am from being with another man and she had an
accident on the blanket so he put it in the neighbors trash?
AD could have cleaned her up and put her on the couch… thus the “back to
sleep at 5:30” comment.
The 911 call does not make sense….
unless Mario took Shaniya out again and was suppose to have her back
at a certain time?
I think this also fits with the comment Coe made that he never saw her in
the living room because she would be out at night and asleep in the
bedroom during the days.

JMO

I think it all depends on your definition of rare. There are about 82 million mothers in the US. If 200 kill their children every year, that's 0.0000025. I'd say that's exceeding rare myself.

ITA, I think stating it happens on a regular basis would have been better.

Why on a Sunday?
Because of family and work?
or MORE sensational coverage???

I don't see what you're suggesting here. People die over all seven days of the week. Funeral services are a business. Why would they not happen on a Sunday? More people are likely to be able to attend on a Sunday. Her schoolmates are honorary pallbearers. Maybe they wanted her friends to be able to attend without missing school.

I don't see why the day of the week would impact the level of news coverage. The cable channels are on 24-7 regardless of the amount of news that they have to cover. Why would that be different on a Sunday? Even stations that don't cover it live will tape it or stream it live on the web if media are allowed.

Isn't one of the Davis relatives the minister who plans to officiate at the service? Perhaps they weren't in the mood for a regular sermon, and prefer to dedicate that day's Sunday service to the child.

If they got free or discount services from a funeral home (which I think is highly likely) they may have had to choose from the available times.

She's been gone for several days now. The family probably wants to see her one last time and know that she is at rest as soon as possible.

I'm not attacking your view, I just don't see anything unusual or noteworthy about Sunday. Are there Christian sub-cultures in the US where you don't bury someone on the Sabbath? (I know some other religions have rules, but I don't think those apply here.) Perhaps you can explain.

mgardner: I just pray none of those drug dealing sickos friends will be there. That chain gang led to Shaniya's demise whether they want to admit it or not. I hope that Cleo dude stays away too. JMHO.

Shoot with the associates of Ad and Mario ..I put nothing pass them. You have all heard of the robberies that happen.
The thieves know everyone is going to be at funeral .. so they go to the family's house and break in...and help themselves.. I hope they have someone watching their house while they are gone.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I don't see what you're suggesting here. People die over all seven days of the week. Funeral services are a business. Why would they not happen on a Sunday? More people are likely to be able to attend on a Sunday. Her schoolmates are honorary pallbearers. Maybe they wanted her friends to be able to attend without missing school.

I don't see why the day of the week would impact the level of news coverage. The cable channels are on 24-7 regardless of the amount of news that they have to cover. Why would that be different on a Sunday? Even stations that don't cover it live will tape it or stream it live on the web if media are allowed.

Isn't one of the Davis relatives the minister who plans to officiate at the service? Perhaps they weren't in the mood for a regular sermon, and prefer to dedicate that day's Sunday service to the child.

If they got free or discount services from a funeral home (which I think is highly likely) they may have had to chose from the available times.

She's been gone for several days now. The family probably wants to see her one last time and know that she is at rest as soon as possible.

I'm not attacking your view, I just don't see anything unusual or noteworthy about Sunday. Are there Christian sub-cultures in the US where you don't bury someone on the Sabbath? (I know some other religions have rules, but I don't think those apply here.) Perhaps you can explain.

bold by me, to explain........
I'm from a small town in PA.
We just never bury our people here on Sundays.
It is very rare, I have never been to a Sunday funeral.
A viewing wake yes, but the funerals seem to be Mon thru Sat, so it seemed very odd to me.
As others have told me, in other parts of the country, funerals are done different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong