NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91809"]URGENT.Websleuths Members Can Help Save The Abducted Kids in America Can't We??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame] :)

Removed Dot's Eyes quoted post.

So why stay?
I'm not telling you to leave, I'm just asking. If it offends you and hurts you this badly, why watch and take part in it?

I think someone needs to quote Tricia's post to us. IMO
I would, but I don't know how to go back and do it.

Anyways...

Did anyone happen to get a screenshot of the painting? I thought it was beautiful..

No matter the circumstances leading to Shaniya's death, least I know she is in a world without bicker, without pain, without negativity..she is in a much better place than I am.. RIP sweet baby!

Her death need not be in vain. We can change the horrific wave of crime against children by adopting a zero tolerance policy and insisting that our lawmakers implement it. Neighbourhoods need to come together with law enforcement and politicians and say enough is enough. It will take sacrifice on all our parts as someone has to pay for police, more judges, more jails, etc. Each of us must ask ourselves what are we willing to give for the safety of our children. Pay more taxes or give up some services for the funds to be available to make our children safe. Ask yourselves for instance if universal health care should hold a higher priority than safety. Should green parks or recreation centres hold a higher priority than safety. I'm sure that every community can find something it can live without in order to provide funding for more law enforcement resources. Community meetings are easy to organize it just takes a couple of like minded people to get the word out.

I do think the anger felt toward the father and the rather harsh judgments being made against him are an unfortunate but understandable reaction to these events.

People want to believe that their children can be safe if only they are careful enough. It is difficult for many people to accept that bad things can happen to innocent children and resist assigning blame to the child's parents. As a result, they look for reasons to find fault with the child's father because it increases their own sense of security. This could never happen to me because I would be more careful.... I would be smarter..... I would *know*. You know what? The reality is that people do the best they can when they are raising their kids, and people aren't perfect. Sometimes they make mistakes, bad judgment calls. Usually things manage to work out okay in spite of this, but sometimes the results are tragic. I don't know how many times I was allowed to wander the toy section of the Sears department store in Hollywood Mall as a young child unsupervised while my mom shopped, but I sure do remember when a young mother allowed her son Adam Walsh to do the very same thing with terrible consequences.

The father is not responsible for a crime that was committed by the child's mother and accomplices. Did he make a regrettable decision by allowing AD another opportunity to be a mother to Shaniya? Yes, and he acknowledges as much. Was the outcome forseeable? Could he reasonably predict the woman who had raised Shaniya for the first year of her life, gave her to him when she felt she was unable to care for her adequately, then pleaded for another chance to be a mom was really planning to sell her into sexual servitude? I don't think so.

Shaniya is a victim. BL and his family are also victims who are suffering terribly from a horrible loss. Stop blaming the victims of this crime and start putting the full responsibility on the perpetrators who committed these despicable acts.

Shaniya had no choice she had to go live with her mother because BL said it was time for her to start being a mother.

He sent her away from everything good in her life to that place and those people.

He is not a father, has not been a father to any of his kids. He is just a player with a good house, job and car.

OK.... I am going to go through this thread and delete anything that is negative about this funeral or anyone at the funeral or how the funeral was done. No bashing of the family at the funeral or anyone else at the funeral. It will be deleted and turned over to an Administrator.

Come on, we all know better than this.

Ima

BLESS YOUR HEART...I have a daughter just like you with a very negligent father (passed on now)..And she knew it...But she loved her daddy...and still does.

I am 59 years old now,,,and I can say I loved my Daddy, too.

Did anyone tape the funeral? I don't know if Patty G, is here, just wondering if anyone else did?

TIA

This is OT from the funeral...

But on this day, I find it fitting (and a twist of fate) that I just received an e-mail about mandated "reporter" training for everyone working for the city govt/school district. The e-mail is to remind everyone who hasn't done the training that the training is required, as well as mandatory reporting of any suspected abuse/neglect.

It's an online module - I think I'll do it now, the day of Shaniya's funeral.

Shaniya had no choice she had to go live with her mother because BL said it was time for her to start being a mother.

He sent her away from everything good in her life to that place and those people.

He is not a father, has not been a father to any of his kids. He is just a player with a good house, job and car.

This does not mean that there is the right time. :furious:
SHANIYA deserves a honorable funeral, and in the manor of their tradition.
It is Sunday their day of worship, the family is hurting.
What good is it to be inappropriate? :furious:

Huh? Everything that I have read makes it clear that it was AD who asked BL for a chance to be a mother. This was HER idea, and BL believed it was the right thing to do to give her another chance.

The suggestion that BL was looking to send Shaniya away, that he somehow couldn't be bothered to raise her anymore after investing 4 years into giving her a wonderful childhood, is completely without foundation and ludicrous. One look at the pictures of Shaniya are proof enough of how much she was cherished and loved, and shows the lie of that allegation.

The beasts didn't have the funeral. They are in jail. IMO

Even I, with all of my bitterness toward BL tried really hard to be good today. I know that some people took offense to some of the things I wrote during watching the funeral...but it was not meant as disrespect. I will let my posts stand at Ima's discretion.
I don't agree with some of the things that were done during the ceremony, I'm not sure if I even approve of it being public, but I am sure that decision was made for reasons that we don't know about, so I'll let it slide.
But I will hold my venom until tomorrow.

Um, can we at least quit quoting the negative posts, since imamaze made it clear she is deleting them?

IMA - YOU MUST HAVE THE PATIENCE OF A SAINT.

I didn't. A huge, public funeral held by and for the very people who abandonned Shaniya and who by actions or inactions led to her rape and murder is revolting. Now that she is dead, they all love her. When she was alive, they couldn't be bothered. This funeral was to make themselves feel better and assuage their guilt for their own participation in her death.

"I gave my baby toatan and she sold her to a demon that raped her and killed her, let's sing and pray. Help me with my grief, help me pay to dig a whole and throw dirt on top of her and please tell me what a great father I was to her, so I will feel better. Let the children sing to entertain me, even though I am the one who sent this child to her death. In Jesus' name!"

Disgusting.

I didn't watch it either, for the same reason.

Um, can we at least quit quoting the negative posts, since imamaze made it clear she is deleting them?

IMA - YOU MUST HAVE THE PATIENCE OF A SAINT.

You are right. I just don't understand the attitudes. I will stop and delete my post!

I think someone needs to quote Tricia's post to us. IMO
I would, but I don't know how to go back and do it.

Copy and paste? There is also an alert button on each post.

FWIW, a thread in a crime forum doesn't stop being a crime thread the day a funeral takes place. In the past people who want to set up a memorial thread have done so in the parking lot. Just a suggestion from someone who's been around here a bit. :)

Also, we might not agree or like what someone posts, as long as they are within the TOS they are allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flintinsects