NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Fayetteville, 10 Nov 2009 - Allegedly sold by mother #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could have sworn this was already posted, and if not, and it violates TOS, please remove. On 11/13, the same day MAM was arrested, another man, 56 years old, was also arrested. I thought that it was common speculation that he was the insider providing tips. His last name is also McNeill. I'm looking through my browsing history as I type so I can provide something more concrete...

The best link I can recommend is: http://www.ccsonc.org/active_inmates/Inmates.aspx

Oddly enough, MAM does not appear when doing a search on the above-linked site. He did, originally. I'm still looking for where this came from, first. Again, I thought it was posted way back, with this other McNeill as the man in the BOLO, and again, remove if it's something that shouldn't be here. So much has happened over so many sites, I may be mentioning something that was already dismissed.

What are the odds of 2 other McNeill's being arrested after MAM? And both still in custody. hmmmm.

Just a thought on the heels of your post NMK's. It's a distinct possibility that BL "legally" had no choice but to hand Shaniya over when AD requested it as she was the only legal parent on the birth certificate. There was no legal paperwork for BL having Shaniya in his custody. Maybe she threatened him as she did Aunt Carey. Possible she was going after child support once she got herself together enough to file the paperwork. What I don't get is why didn't BL file for "legal" custody at some point?

Maybe he did, but why don't we hear that he called her and talked to her during the time she was with her mom. Did she sound okay? Or even talk to her mom to see how things were going. Even when I have people house sit for me - I always call and check on things.

I can't wait till tomorrow....I believe LE will be serving warrants on about 3 people.
I could name the names but will just say, at least 3 people knew what was happening, in that house...I think LE has waited till the funeral is over, the tests should be in..MOM and MAM will both get additional charges...I believe tomorrow will be a good day....let's see some swift justice, fast arrests and life with out parole!

[bbm]

as in search warrants? they've had plenty of time to get rid of evidence though

I'm gonna guess BD, CC and some other relative

Here I am again totally confused.

1. IIRC there were four children by the first wife or did she have kids before BL? Is that the reason the grandparents got some of the kids but not all?
2. If Shaniya was not supposed to be at her mother's house and BL did not have legal custody of her, where was she supposed to be living?

I can't answer number 1.

I believe it was a verbal agreement that Shaniya would stay with her father when she became one year old. That is my understanding anyway. Legal custody was never transferred to BL. Why, we don't know.

I, too, think there will be more to come in this case. I am not sure LE has the DNA results or a lot of the forensic tests back yet. It should prove interesting to say the least.

Maybe he did, but why don't we hear that he called her and talked to her during the time she was with her mom. Did she sound okay? Or even talk to her mom to see how things were going. Even when I have people house sit for me - I always call and check on things.

Those are details that we don't really know yet. It's been said that there was no contact but I find that very difficult to believe. There may have been attempted calls but were never answered. It will all come out eventually.

Here I am again totally confused.

1. IIRC there were four children by the first wife or did she have kids before BL? Is that the reason the grandparents got some of the kids but not all?
2. If Shaniya was not supposed to be at her mother's house and BL did not have legal custody of her, where was she supposed to be living?

The oldest daughter was not BL's--her last name was Coleman. Grandparents got the 3 kids that BL had with her plus probably the oldest girl but she wouldn't be listed on his court proceedings. The reason the post said he was paying on 2 from his marriage is because the oldest boy was no longer a juvenile at the time that article was written.

I have been thinking that AD had custody and BL had guardianship.
I have nothing official to back this up, except the mention that he was paying child support, and my belief that he had to have something legal and binding to prove that she was his child.
MOO.
Take it with a grain of salt, since I don't have a leg to stand on.
That is very reasonable, you may be right....
But I think it was another type of trade...

IMO, this is an amazingly insightful post. Very well said. I believe people have to find a way to separate themselves and imperfect lives or imperfect decisions as parents, from the horror of situations such as this, by possibly venting on someone who was not responsible but whose actions may have set in motion a chain of events.
If BL is demonized as a parent who did not care for his child or one who thoughtlessly and/or knowingly threw her to the wolves, then he is not like us and what happened to him cannot happen to us. I understand this but I feel sorry that it is happening.

Who are you talking about here? Not me I assure you. My opinions are based on my parenting experience, and of those I witnessed. No BL is not like me at all! My DD's father was not far removed from being an AD and it would have been a cold day in hell before my daughter came into contact with him, his family, friends. Heck, my own family was screwed up. What did I do? When my DD was 4 months old I packed up my stuff and moved us 1200 miles away and never looked back. Last I heard they were all cooking meth in the desert somewhere. My decision was obviously the right one since my DD's father's two other kids are drugged out losers, just like their mom and dad, they are even lucky to be alive. My DD turned out to be an honest, hardworking, tax paying citizen and a nice person on top of that.

Not only is it not hard to make good choices for your kids, it should be a natural thing to do.

I, too, think there will be more to come in this case. I am not sure LE has the DNA results or a lot of the forensic tests back yet. It should prove interesting to say the least.

Do you think we will ever really know how the last 5 weeks went for this little girl or even if things had happened prior? I did not watch the funeral. Don't want to start any trouble - but were all the family members in attendance that you would expect? It must be awful no matter what side of the family you were/are on.
I hope everyone guilty is charged. So many times these children never get justice. Or the cases remain unsolved.
Is there any political issues with this? DSS? Anyone up for re-election that will want to keep this story quiet? That's how things work here in NY sorry to say.

The oldest daughter was not BL's--her last name was Coleman. Grandparents got the 3 kids that BL had with her plus probably the oldest girl but she wouldn't be listed on his court proceedings. The reason the post said he was paying on 2 from his marriage is because the oldest boy was no longer a juvenile at the time that article was written.

Isn't Byron, the brother of Shaniya (let's just say not a Lockhart)? His last name is "C" also?

Do you think we will ever really know how the last 5 weeks went for this little girl or even if things had happened prior? I did not watch the funeral. Don't want to start any trouble - but were all the family members in attendance that you would expect? It must be awful no matter what side of the family you were/are on.
I hope everyone guilty is charged. So many times these children never get justice. Or the cases remain unsolved.
Is there any political issues with this? DSS? Anyone up for re-election that will want to keep this story quiet? That's how things work here in NY sorry to say.

I don't think we really got to see much of the family members due to the way the filming was done when they entered. We know BL was there & Aunt C & Byron for sure. I was pretty sure I saw the younger boy go up with the kid's choir. The rest, I really couldn't tell.

:waitasec:

We can speculate all day long. I have to admit that is a possibility but, I'm thinking LE has some surprises but they are being very careful before they take action or make any more announcements.

Isn't Byron, the brother of Shaniya (let's just say not a Lockhart)? His last name is "C" also?

Yes, but he was originally a Lockhart. He either changed or just started using the other name at some point.

Closing Thread, Please Continue [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91935"]Here[/ame]

We will know if it's directly related to the case. I'd think LE is researching her entire life, DNA if needed, who knows Mario, what BD knows...to find others that may be directly or indirectly involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288