NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dogs didnt pick up a scent? Wonder what the heck is going on here! too close to home!

Yes, it looks like a picture of a picture. Now you have to pay for the school pictures in advance, if you can believe that, even before the picture is taken, so maybe they didnt buy them and only got the proof. I'll bet thats the case.

She's a beauty! Hope they find her soon!

As for the sofa issue, my kids (especially my daughter) are very slow to wake up in the mornings. It is quite common for us to move her to the couch, put on some cartoons and let her wake up slowly while I get breakfast ready. Having said that, 5:30 is terribly early for something like that. But, I'm not a working mom, so my mornings are fairly relaxed and start at a somewhat reasonable hour. I have a friend who works and her daughter is up and about before 6 a.m. They have to get an early start so that my friend can drop her daughter off at before-care (at the school) and she can get to work on time.

I don't know this family's situation, so maybe the child being up at 5:30 is normal for them. Is it unusual? Yes. Is it impossible? No.

I just don't want to believe the worst about this situation until I have no other choice. The dogs not picking up a scent is concerning, though. Wouldn't the dogs pick up a scent regardless, though? I mean, can't dogs track scents from days prior? When was this little girl last seen by someone NOT in the family?

FORTY TWO registered sex offenders within two miles of the home?! This is insane. Do you think sex offenders tend to congregate in certain areas, including this one, and this is why there are so many so close, or are there just THAT many sex offenders out there these days? Scary, either way. What's wrong with people?

I find it hard to believe that this was a trailer with several people inside of it and nobody saw or heard anything when she disappeared. Could someone have really just opened up the front door and carried her out without the child making a sound or someone hearing/seeing something??? Also, would the dogs pick up her scent if she were being carried by someone, or only if she left on foot?

I hope the adults in the trailer aren't involved. It seems like if the mom did do something to her, she'd tell LE she saw her child last more than an hour ago. It seems she'd be more likely to say something like, "I saw her when I put her to bed last night", but who knows? I'm sure LE is questioning the 7-year old. I'd be curious to find out when he/she says they last saw Shania.

As to the sofa thing:

When my son lived at home with his family earlier this year, we played "musical beds" with the little one quite a bit depending on our different schedules. The main idea was to prevent waking her up too early!! She normally slept on a sofa bed in the living room -- but if I or my husband had to work early, we would move her to the back bedroom with my son, otherwise our moving around would wake her (way too early) and she'd be a grinch all day.

That many people living in a trailer house.... it could be a similar situation. Mom (or someone) gets up at 5:30 to begin getting ready for work, she moves Shaniya to the sofa so she can get ready in the bedroom (or bathroom nearby) without waking the girl.....

??

I'd like to know more about the male that was in the trailer. Dogs found no scent trail? What the heck is going on?

I think these trailer parks tend to attract some sketchy tenants. Hope I'm not offending anyone, it's just the way it seems to me. Or at least some of them do? LE needs to do a door-to-door search of everyone in the trailer park, knock on everyone's door and ask if they can have a look around. And of course search any sex offender's trailer from top to bottom. Still, we all know the statistics with missing people - usually it's someone close to them. I'd be interviewing and watching everyone who was in the trailer at the time very closely, and doing some preliminary forensics on the trailer itself for any blood, urine, etc.

Here we go again! Let's pray this little girl is found fast & safe, before nightfall! Have there been any calls previously to this residence for living conditions? Any new info on WHO exactly was in the trailer? How long have they lived there?

FORTY TWO registered sex offenders within two miles of the home?! This is insane. Do you think sex offenders tend to congregate in certain areas, including this one, and this is why there are so many so close, or are there just THAT many sex offenders out there these days? Scary, either way. What's wrong with people?

I find it hard to believe that this was a trailer with several people inside of it and nobody saw or heard anything when she disappeared. Could someone have really just opened up the front door and carried her out without the child making a sound or someone hearing/seeing something??? Also, would the dogs pick up her scent if she were being carried by someone, or only if she left on foot?

I hope the adults in the trailer aren't involved. It seems like if the mom did do something to her, she'd tell LE she saw her child last more than an hour ago. It seems she'd be more likely to say something like, "I saw her when I put her to bed last night", but who knows? I'm sure LE is questioning the 7-year old. I'd be curious to find out when he/she says they last saw Shania.
BBM
I have a bad feeling here. God forgive me, but I think the occupants of the trailer may know more than they are telling LE. JMO

hmmm. Where are the man and the 7 year old now? Were they gone when the mother noticed the girl was missing? I wish they report report more detailed info.

And, P.S. YES, there are so many sex offenders out there. Imagine how many have gotten away with it so far and arent on a registry if there are this many registered offenders!

Chance said the family has a history with the Department of Social Services.

"There have been major DSS issues with this family – who has custody, switching back and forth," Chance said.

Chance said it's unknown whether her disappearance is domestic related.

"We're treating this as a child in danger, with the information we have," Chance said.

Chance said police have been called to the home before. This summer, officers served a search warrant at the home and found a variety of drugs inside

Snipped from http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6387156/

Also, the link has 2 more newly released photos of Shaniya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong