NC NC - Shannon Rippy VanNewkirk, 54, Wilmington, 5 April 2014 *GUILTY

Twitter
Connor DelPrete @CDelPreteWECT
12 jurors now heading to the deliberation room

18m

Sorry that link didn"t go well

Connor DelPrete @CDelPreteWECT
It seems as though the jury wants to take a second look at evidence. DA comes over and says jury will come back out

Thanks for the updates, lonetraveler. So I guess deliberations will resume tomorrow? I haven't seen the news this evening.

Thanks for the updates, lonetraveler. So I guess deliberations will resume tomorrow? I haven't seen the news this evening.
Ended at 4:30 as directed by judge and resumes tomorrow morning

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Jury had questions on the definition of Premeditation specifically on wording in jury instructions "intent to kill was on fixed purpose" and not wild rush of judgement"

Judge stated that he could not offer any guidance on the wording.

Jury back to deliberation.

They are on break until 1:30 when the jury will resume deliberating. They are at 10-1-1, judge doesn't know what that means tho.

WILMINGTON -- More than three years after Shannon Rippy Van Newkirk was last seen, a Pender County jury on Thursday found James Opelton Bradley guilty of second-degree murder in her presumed death.

Superior Court Judge Paul Jones sentenced Bradley to 30.4 to 37.5 years in prison.

Bradley’s defense attorneys said they would appeal the verdict. New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David David said he is “thrilled” with the verdict and is confident it will hold up under appeal.

Bradley, 54, of Wilmington was charged with first-degree murder April 29, 2014, after Wilmington Police Department detectives looking for Van Newkirk unearthed a woman’s nude and bound body from a shallow grave in a Pender County farm field.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...guilty-in-murder-of-shannon-rippy-van-newkirk

Thanks lonetraveler for posting about this...So glad he won't ever be out and about again...Just wish he would tell where Shannon is! Do you think they'll try to take the DP off the table in the Tucker case if he tells?

Yes thanks all fro posting the links. I found this one today with links to news from everyday of the trial. http://www.wect.com/category/325592/james-bradley-murder-trial

JOB is a smooth operator. He sat as cool as a cucumber yesterday when the verdict was read. When the judge asked if he would like to speak, he said yes and stood up and thanked everyone for their time, especially the jurors. Then Shannon's mom stood and thank the DA and team and the jurors for getting it right or something like that. Bless her heart!

I'm glad he will probably be in jail the rest of his sorry life! Now off to read the link about the graphic stories the murderer wrote. Somehow I missed that.

Yes thanks all fro posting the links. I found this one today with links to news from everyday of the trial. http://www.wect.com/category/325592/james-bradley-murder-trial

JOB is a smooth operator. He sat as cool as a cucumber yesterday when the verdict was read. When the judge asked if he would like to speak, he said yes and stood up and thanked everyone for their time, especially the jurors. Then Shannon's mom stood and thank the DA and team and the jurors for getting it right or something like that. Bless her heart!

I'm glad he will probably be in jail the rest of his sorry life! Now off to read the link about the graphic stories the murderer wrote. Somehow I missed that.
I admit I was amazed at the way this convicted murderer smiled, slapped his attorneys on the back, shook hands and smilingly thanked the jurors as if he had received a "not guilty" verdict. I was thinking WTF.

WILMINGTON -- More than three years after Shannon Rippy Van Newkirk was last seen, a Pender County jury on Thursday found James Opelton Bradley guilty of second-degree murder in her presumed death.

Superior Court Judge Paul Jones sentenced Bradley to 30.4 to 37.5 years in prison.

Bradley’s defense attorneys said they would appeal the verdict. New Hanover County District Attorney Ben David David said he is “thrilled” with the verdict and is confident it will hold up under appeal.

Bradley, 54, of Wilmington was charged with first-degree murder April 29, 2014, after Wilmington Police Department detectives looking for Van Newkirk unearthed a woman’s nude and bound body from a shallow grave in a Pender County farm field.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/news/...guilty-in-murder-of-shannon-rippy-van-newkirk
This article is a bit confusing. The trial was in New Hanover County not Pender County. Rippy's body has not been found. Tucker's body was found in Pender County. The trial for Tucker's murder is next.

I admit I was amazed at the way this convicted murderer smiled, slapped his attorneys on the back, shook hands and smilingly thanked the jurors as if he had received a "not guilty" verdict. I was thinking WTF.

I was thinking the same thing lonetraveler...WTF!! I feel sure JOB is a serial killer and that there may be more victims that we will probably never know of. And he looks like such a nice guy. Isn't that what they said about Bundy?

In another trial:

A jury has been picked to hear the capital murder trial of James Opelton Bradley, 56, of Wilmington.

Bradley is accused of killing Elisha Tucker five years ago. Her body was discovered bound with duct tape and wrapped in trash bags in a shallow grave in a Hampstead field.

Bradley, who spent nearly 25 years in prison for the 1988 killing of his 8-year-old stepdaughter, is serving a 30-year sentence on a second-degree murder conviction in the presumed death of his coworker and love interest, Shannon Rippy Van Newkirk, who has not been seen or heard from since April 5, 2014.

Jury selected in James Bradley murder trial

Elisha Tucker's thread on WS: Found Deceased - NC - Elisha Tucker, 34, Wilmington, 21 Aug 2013 *Arrest*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arsongirlfriend
Back