GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

Edgar Patino Lopez was being discussed in a few posts on the following blog--a little ways down the page when you get there. Also see post #122 on this thread.

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...ier-found-dead-in-a-hotel-room/#comment-43309

A person by the name of Anabal made that post on mylifeofcrime, however the wording of the post seems to be the way a man would word things. Particularly saying they were buddies, women would usually say we were friends.

LOL there were more reporters there commenting trying to get interviews from that individual, then regular comments. Then the article about a person of interest from source close to the investigtaion..hmm..could that just be this person Anabal. I still wonder if that is a ruse to try to throw suspicion on someone else.

The Army began investigating the case over the weekend, and Spc. Megan Lynn Touma's body was sent to the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington, D.C., for a second autopsy.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373612,00.html

Thanks for that article Deb. It appears that NC is done with their autopsy so now the Army has theirs. I hope they catch this perp. It appears they have a good idea of who he may be.

If there was any bloody fingerprints that match the POI at the crime scene then I would think that would seal the deal. No one else's fingerprints should be in the blood at the scene.

I wondered why they were doing a second autopsy so soon. But I guess the civilians and the Army would each do their own. Seems like a waste of resources and additional burden on the family though.

Does anyone know anything about the motel in question? Anyone ever stayed there? How big is it, how busy? Is it likely to have cameras?

I'm a mile or so from there, I'm going by there this evening before dark, maybe take a few pics.

I'm a mile or so from there, I'm going by there this evening before dark, maybe take a few pics.

Thank you Atomic. Mostly what I am wondering about is whether they have cameras, interior hallways or exterior entrances, how busy it is (or was.)

Cameras are usually only in the lobby if they have them, maybe the parking lot. But an exterior entrance means more likelyhood of witnesses than the interior hallways.

A person by the name of Anabal made that post on mylifeofcrime, however the wording of the post seems to be the way a man would word things. Particularly saying they were buddies, women would usually say we were friends.

LOL there were more reporters there commenting trying to get interviews from that individual, then regular comments. Then the article about a person of interest from source close to the investigtaion..hmm..could that just be this person Anabal. I still wonder if that is a ruse to try to throw suspicion on someone else.

The more I think about that comment the more suspicious I am. First they were allegedly 'buddies' and second the guy hasn't even been officially named yet. A buddy doesn't give that info out voluntarily, a buddy will often deny it even after it is official. Two guys in the service and they worked together, the guy might give out the info if he himself is suspicous or if he just didn't like the guy- but he wouldn't call the guy a 'buddy' 'cause he wouldn't want to be associated with this. The closest relationship he might admit to is that they worked together. So that part at least is suspicious. If it was someone who just wanted to get into the excitement, they would usually put themselves in the position where they could talk to media. Instead this guy writes to a blog where he thinks he can't be identified.

Now, the friend in Germany says that Megan was engaged. Yet according to the commenter, the alleged boyfriend is married. It could happen. I wonder if the guy named had his wife in Germany with him?

Fort Bragg Soldier Named Person of Interest in Pregnant Army Dentist's Death

A soldier at Fort Bragg in North Carolina is a person of interest in the death of a pregnant servicewoman whose body was found in a motel bathtub a week ago, a military spokesman said Saturday.

The soldier is training at a school where special operations ranging from raids to reconstruction projects are taught, said Lt. Col. John Clearwater, a spokesman for the U.S. Army Special Operations Command. The soldier is studying psychological operations.

"We understand and are aware that a soldier assigned to the command as a student for training is a person of interest. We are not aware of any charges," Clearwater said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,373383,00.html (Bolded by me)

This could certainly explain the copycat Zodiac letter. I didn't see this posted earlier here...if so I must have missed it.
Thanks for posting this. I'm trying to grasp what's going on with this murder, since it seems almost routine nowdays for the killer of a pregnant woman to be the boyfriend/husband ~ but this Zodiac thing has me wondering. Unless of course it is someone trying to throw off LE. :confused:

Thank you Atomic. Mostly what I am wondering about is whether they have cameras, interior hallways or exterior entrances, how busy it is (or was.) Cameras are usually only in the lobby if they have them, maybe the parking lot. But an exterior entrance means more likelyhood of witnesses than the interior hallways.

Pictures in news reports, showed an older "resort" type layout where 1st floor rooms open to outdoor walkways directly onto the parking. the 2nd level has stairs at either end. typically, each room has a picture window & often a noisy a/c unit below the window..... i had thought that may be key... a/c units running about every 12 feet would muffle sounds.....there would be no corridors, & entrance to the lobby/office may have been on another side of the building.... as for cameras.. who knows? for sure that is not an ideal place for a woman staying alone, but somewhere i read there was a corporate discount for military & she probably did not have money to blow.

My photos arent much different than what they are showing on Nancy Grace. Room 143 faces the mall, not the highway, and is on the opposite side from the office. The only entrance is from the mall so you can drive straight up the door of 143 without going near the office area. Its a first floor, outdoor entry, in plain view from the Starbucks drive thru and the patio of Salsaritas. There are no obvious cameras that I could see anywhere outside on the hotel or in the parking lot. Not saying there aren't any, but none clearly visible. (Now I want to go look harder, under the walkway)It kinda looked like a light might be on in the room and there was a dry wall repair company truck parked by the office, perhaps there to repair where the samples were taken.
Anyway here are a few http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z136/hussyredlips/Fairfield/

I thought I was hearing things on the news today when it said a female in the service...pregnant...was found murdered in a hotel room. Is this going to become a new trend? If your girlfriend or whatever who is in the service gets pregnant just get rid of her like the civilians do. Such a pretty young girl...what a shame. I wonder who the person they suspect is and how he knew her?

My photos arent much different than what they are showing on Nancy Grace. Room 143 faces the mall, not the highway, and is on the opposite side from the office. The only entrance is from the mall so you can drive straight up the door of 143 without going near the office area. Its a first floor, outdoor entry, in plain view from the Starbucks drive thru and the patio of Salsaritas. There are no obvious cameras that I could see anywhere outside on the hotel or in the parking lot. Not saying there aren't any, but none clearly visible. (Now I want to go look harder, under the walkway)It kinda looked like a light might be on in the room and there was a dry wall repair company truck parked by the office, perhaps there to repair where the samples were taken.
Anyway here are a few http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z136/hussyredlips/Fairfield/

Thank you for the pics! I didn't realize the door to her room was so visible and right out in the open like that. Interesting about the dry wall repair truck.

Atomic, thanks a bunch for the pictures!

There's a lot of coverage in that mall parking for someone to sit there for however long they wanted to and watch Megan. I wonder if they've checked the mall parking lot surveillance and ground for evidence.

Well military personal are human beings. You got your ''crazies'' in all walks of life. The type of job you do don't make you immune to being a psycho. When we were stationed in Ft.Hood Texas back in '99 our neighbor also military, bit off her sons penis.

I thought I was hearing things on the news today when it said a female in the service...pregnant...was found murdered in a hotel room. Is this going to become a new trend? If your girlfriend or whatever who is in the service gets pregnant just get rid of her like the civilians do. Such a pretty young girl...what a shame. I wonder who the person they suspect is and how he knew her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back