GUILTY NC - Spc. Megan Touma, 23, pregnant, murdered, Fayetteville, 13 June 2008

Does anyone think it is strange that they mention she was 7 months pregnant, but none of the reports say that she and her fetus/baby were killed? They just mention her. I wonder if this was a baby snatch? Probably not, since they aren't mentioning that the baby is missing, but I just think it's strange that they are NOT saying "Touma and her unborn baby."

Does anyone think it is strange that they mention she was 7 months pregnant, but none of the reports say that she and her fetus/baby were killed? They just mention her. I wonder if this was a baby snatch? Probably not, since they aren't mentioning that the baby is missing, but I just think it's strange that they are NOT saying "Touma and her unborn baby."

Good point. I don't recall reading anything about the unborn baby. OMG I wonder if the snatch was done to prevent DNA? IMO, of course. I hate to even say it, but the world is a CRAZY place!

OMG, very good point!

NC does not have a fetal death law. It's really a shame!

I just read about the Zodiac connection too...
Sounds like someone trying to cover their tracks by making it into something else.

Boyfriend/husband did this. For sure.

The rest is just crap. IMO.

It was mentioned by the AMW spokesperson, that it was listed Megan had "another injury". Obviously they aren't saying yet, what she died from. The autopsy findings along with the Armys findings will take forever.

What is being said about the boyfriend, at this stage?

Well military personal are human beings. You got your ''crazies'' in all walks of life. The type of job you do don't make you immune to being a psycho. When we were stationed in Ft.Hood Texas back in '99 our neighbor also military, bit off her sons penis.

Yikes, MGS...that is psycho and sad.

My photos arent much different than what they are showing on Nancy Grace. Room 143 faces the mall, not the highway, and is on the opposite side from the office. The only entrance is from the mall so you can drive straight up the door of 143 without going near the office area. Its a first floor, outdoor entry, in plain view from the Starbucks drive thru and the patio of Salsaritas. There are no obvious cameras that I could see anywhere outside on the hotel or in the parking lot. Not saying there aren't any, but none clearly visible. (Now I want to go look harder, under the walkway)It kinda looked like a light might be on in the room and there was a dry wall repair company truck parked by the office, perhaps there to repair where the samples were taken.
Anyway here are a few http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z136/hussyredlips/Fairfield/

Atomic, thank you for getting the pics and even more for sharing them.

It does clarify some things for me. While the door appears open to the parking lot, there are some problems. The landscaping shrubs would keep anyone from seeing any vistors unless the witnesses were directly in front of the door, at an angle they couldn't see. Also the shrubs put the walkway in shade, making it harder for any details to be seen in the walkway unless you were right up close to it. Opening to the mall side means that the major part of the foot traffic would be a good ways from the motel and closer to the store. Exterior walkways means that vistors didn't have to go through the lobby if they knew the room number. Basically I don't really think they will find any witnesses to her vistor- unless someone registered there or working there saw something.

I heard they are saying that the autopsy was inconclusive. What is up with that? Most of the ways of committing murder do show up in an autopsy. Her body shouldn't have been that decomposed. The only thing I can think of is something maybe learned in special forces.

Her body shouldn't have been that decomposed. The only thing I can think of is something maybe learned in special forces.

My hubby mentioned to me several days ago that he thinks possibly the heat in her room was turned on, to speed up decomp. Made sense to me.

My hubby mentioned to me several days ago that he thinks possibly the heat in her room was turned on, to speed up decomp. Made sense to me.

Not to argue Liz, but wouldn't they have smelled her sooner? I have smelled a DB thta died of nat causes and that had been left in a home after 12 hours in 70 degree heat, and the smell was overwhelming. You are prob right though-
If it was that decomposed, maybe thats why- They must have had good insulation for the adjacent rooms not to smell anything sooner. IMO :)

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it interesting that the killer's letter is dated June 17 saying he watched the police as they investigated. However her body wasn't found for another 4 days so how could he have watched? Of course he could have just added that later since apparently the letter wasn't postmarked until June 24.

GM,

You're right, that is rather strange. In Laci's case and Maria's case, the mother and baby were almost always mentioned together. That would be very interesting if the baby was removed from her womb and they've been able to keep that hush. Wow, I would be very impressed if they kept that fact out of the media (if it's true, of course).

It would be interesting to keep this in mind when reading any articles for when her remains (sorry) are returned to her family and see what may be described.

P.S. I wish NC would change their laws - this should be a murder of TWO, especially if it's later determined that her death was due somehow to her pregnancy (as motive for the murder).

Not sure if this has been mentioned but I find it interesting that the killer's letter is dated June 17 saying he watched the police as they investigated. However her body wasn't found for another 4 days so how could he have watched? Of course he could have just added that later since apparently the letter wasn't postmarked until June 24.

Yes, that is interesting. Wonder what LE thinks about that detail?

I heard they are saying that the autopsy was inconclusive. What is up with that? Most of the ways of committing murder do show up in an autopsy. Her body shouldn't have been that decomposed. The only thing I can think of is something maybe learned in special forces.

Maybe there was water in the bathtub which speedup decomposition.

I heard on a news program that if the army prosecutes they could prosecute for the death of Megan and her baby. I take this as meaning that the baby was present. Of course, they could be just making assumptions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back