NC - State of Emergency Declared in Moore County - Criminal Attack on Power Substations - 45K W/O Power

On Nov. 11, sheriff’s deputies in Jones County, North Carolina, reported that criminal vandalism caused 12,000 people to lose power for days and that investigation remains ongoing.

No suspects have been identified or arrested in that case.

From your link:

"When asked whether this was domestic terrorism, Sheriff Fields said he couldn’t say whether this was domestic terrorism or not, saying he would leave that for the feds to determine. But he added it was absolutely intentional and the perpetrators knew what they were doing.

Fields also said he couldn’t speak to what the motivation is because no group has claimed responsibility for it yet."

Glad the FBI and SBI are involved. The local sheriff seeming to want to wait on a group to "claim responsibility" seems a bit, er, less than proactive. I'm doubting the perpetrator(s) are just going to step forward.
I want to point out that when they (media personal) ask LE what they think , LE is going to answer in a way that will support the legal codes that we expect to hear about but they also word things in a way to fit into those legal codes. Sometimes they are plainly telling us things with what and how they say them ,other times they might really be seeking information. Does it matter if the person was trying to be a domestic terrorist ? Or that the crime they committed did terrorize domestically.

I want to point out that when they (media personal) ask LE what they think , LE is going to answer in a way that will support the legal codes that we expect to hear about but they also word things in a way to fit into those legal codes. Sometimes they are plainly telling us things with what and how they say them ,other times they might really be seeking information. Does it matter if the person was trying to be a domestic terrorist ? Or that the crime they committed did terrorize domestically.
Not when you are the one without power for nearly a week in the winter!

ABERDEEN, N.C. — A woman who vehemently and repeatedly protested a drag show scheduled in Southern Pines claims that deputies questioned her in regard to the mass power outages in the county, after she posted on social media that she knows why the outage happened.

redacted, a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer, made several posts about it on social media, even saying in one post: “The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

Before the show, redacted posted on Facebook the contact information of the sponsors, imploring others to voice their opinions, saying, "You know what to do."

ABERDEEN, N.C. — A woman who vehemently and repeatedly protested a drag show scheduled in Southern Pines claims that deputies questioned her in regard to the mass power outages in the county, after she posted on social media that she knows why the outage happened.

redacted, a former U.S. Army psychological operations officer, made several posts about it on social media, even saying in one post: “The power is out in Moore County and I know why."

Before the show, redacted posted on Facebook the contact information of the sponsors, imploring others to voice their opinions, saying, "You know what to do."
There is a photo of her and the Sheriff who 'prayed for her' on Twitter when both were in attendance at an event in 2020.

In all the attacks on the electric grid and other infrastructure over the past decade, I can't recall a single instance where a domestic actor claimed credit in recent decades. At least in the attacks that made national or regional news.

No, I am not assuming these attacks were committed for political reasons. Ordinary hooligans or criminals don't call the media to "take credit" for committing a crime. Nor do organized domestic terrorists like the Boston Marathon or Oklahoma City bombers.

Part of my post was deleted. I gave the reasons it seems naive in this specific situation for a chief law enforcement officer to think someone would 'take credit'. I won't repeat it because I respect the moderators here. To stay within TOS, I am all I will say is in light of the national security warning on domestic terrorism issued to local law enforcement on November 28, the time he'd had since the substation attacks on Saturday evening to become familiar with the intelligence if he wasn't already, and the ongoing interaction between his agency and state and federal intelligence agencies, the approach the sheriff took on Monday struck me as unsophisticated or unprofessional. All my opinion.

In addition to the unsolved coordinated attack in California in 2013 and the people who plead guilty this year to preparing to attack the electrical grid that have made headlines, other facilities are detailing unsuccessful attacks.

Whether someone or some entity has taken credit is one of the factors the FBI/DOJ uses in determining terrorism or not. The Sheriff seems to know exactly what he is doing and is doing it well.

This doesn't seem likely to me. It seems the shooter(s) knew what to do to disable the power. So this was either someone trained to know (legit terrorist trained by someone) or perhaps a disgruntled employee/former-employee.
It looked to me that someone(s) just shot up the main transformer with a rifle. No knowledge needed really. If all the shots were in a certain area that may be true tho.

But the Feds have said there are like incidents in Oregon and Washington state.
But punks are everywhere too. Haha

But really people shoot up stuff for no reason. Around here street/hwy signs are shot up all the time for instance.

My humble opinions:

In regard to the woman who claimed knowledge on Facebook having pictures with the sheriff; I can't say it isn't concerning, but on its own, I don't think it necessarily suggests anything.

I would be absolutely baffled if this woman, who until recently was an officer in the US Army, who has previously been investigated in connection with political insurrection on 1/6, was a long-standing and visibly vocal opponent to this drag show, would have *any* direct involvement with this attack and then go on to post about it on social media(and even later, to appear on Steve Bannon's podcast). That would be either cataclysmic in its stupidity, destructive in its sheer narcissism, or a fine mix of both.

I don't think there's anything to directly suggest that the attack was meant to target the drag show, or that it was in response to it. I do believe that the drag show was significant, however. Maybe not direct motivation, but possibly a trigger of sorts, or just an opportunity. Something about the counter protest acquiring a permit for between the hours of 5 and 7 sticks out to me, given the amount of police on location to act as security? I can't really articulate the thought beyond that, but I just want to point that out.

I'd like to know what kind of damage was done to the gates of these stations and if they would have needed time to dismantle, or were simply rammed with a vehicle, as previously stated.

It could be all the books I've been reading on domestic terrorism recently, but I wouldn't expect any individual or group to claim responsibility. You get that type of communication from ISIS, or ALF/ELF. But say we're dealing with far right extremism here, and it's very unlikely you'd get a group speaking up. Far more likely to be a leaderless resistance kinda deal.

Again, just some opinions.

My humble opinions:

In regard to the woman who claimed knowledge on Facebook having pictures with the sheriff; I can't say it isn't concerning, but on its own, I don't think it necessarily suggests anything.

I would be absolutely baffled if this woman, who until recently was an officer in the US Army, who has previously been investigated in connection with political insurrection on 1/6, was a long-standing and visibly vocal opponent to this drag show, would have *any* direct involvement with this attack and then go on to post about it on social media(and even later, to appear on Steve Bannon's podcast). That would be either cataclysmic in its stupidity, destructive in its sheer narcissism, or a fine mix of both.

I don't think there's anything to directly suggest that the attack was meant to target the drag show, or that it was in response to it. I do believe that the drag show was significant, however. Maybe not direct motivation, but possibly a trigger of sorts, or just an opportunity. Something about the counter protest acquiring a permit for between the hours of 5 and 7 sticks out to me, given the amount of police on location to act as security? I can't really articulate the thought beyond that, but I just want to point that out.

I'd like to know what kind of damage was done to the gates of these stations and if they would have needed time to dismantle, or were simply rammed with a vehicle, as previously stated.

It could be all the books I've been reading on domestic terrorism recently, but I wouldn't expect any individual or group to claim responsibility. You get that type of communication from ISIS, or ALF/ELF. But say we're dealing with far right extremism here, and it's very unlikely you'd get a group speaking up. Far more likely to be a leaderless resistance kinda deal.

Again, just some opinions.
There were multiple substations that were targeted and the gates were knocked down but it does not say how. If you think that the drag show had something to do with it, would you think that a group like the proud boy’s would have something to do with it? They were at another protest wirh her in North Carolina about a month ago. And her reasoning for leaving the army had to do with her investigation of being affiliated with the proud boys when they stampeded congress, not her removing tape from playgrounds.

She wrote on Facebook “Moore county had no electric and I know why…” she then went to write more posts. There were apparent threats and letters written to the theater where the drag show occurred for up to a month prior.

Is it strange that this big protest was going on in this small town and the same night with the same time as the show starts the lights start to go out? Is that really coincidental? No one talks about how the sheriff stated it was gods country. And not sure, but maybe that is just a saying but that’s not something you have officials saying in some towns except when we get into the south.

Obviously, this was planned but apparently they found 47 shell casings at one site so could someone just be shooting it up blindly and having an idea what to hit. That’s a lot of shots right?

There were multiple substations that were targeted and the gates were knocked down but it does not say how. If you think that the drag show had something to do with it, would you think that a group like the proud boy’s would have something to do with it? They were at another protest wirh her in North Carolina about a month ago. And her reasoning for leaving the army had to do with her investigation of being affiliated with the proud boys when they stampeded congress, not her removing tape from playgrounds.

She wrote on Facebook “Moore county had no electric and I know why…” she then went to write more posts. There were apparent threats and letters written to the theater where the drag show occurred for up to a month prior.

Is it strange that this big protest was going on in this small town and the same night with the same time as the show starts the lights start to go out? Is that really coincidental? No one talks about how the sheriff stated it was gods country. And not sure, but maybe that is just a saying but that’s not something you have officials saying in some towns except when we get into the south.

Obviously, this was planned but apparently they found 47 shell casings at one site so could someone just be shooting it up blindly and having an idea what to hit. That’s a lot of shots right?
Oh, I absolutely don't think the shootings happening on the night of the show was a coincidence. I lean extremely hard to the side that there are definite connections here, but I'm not exactly sure of how many, what's connected to what, and how much further this is going to go.

Just to get it out there, a lawman from the American south talking about "God's Country" seems entirely commonplace.

The Proud Boys connection is interesting. There may be something there. Can't say for sure now, though.

Also, is it stated anywhere if the shell casings found at both locations were from the same gun(s)?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back