Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
MISSING: These two girls, Stephanie Mayorga (left) and Paige Escalera (right), have not been seen since April 15th.

Stephanie is 27 and Paige is 25. They were last seen in the area of Kerr Ave./Randall Parkway, possibly in a dark grey Dodge Dart with South Carolina tags. Paige has tattoos on both arms.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Wilmington Police Department at (910)-343-3609.

94785855_3768920033134580_3451754521603080192_o.jpg

94871203_3768920273134556_6513052557009485824_o.jpg

Wilmington, NC Police Department

Wilmington police search for two women missing since April 15

This is odd. I suppose they are friends? The vehicle has SC tags. Where were they going to and when were they supposed to arrive?

Stephanie's sister is posting about her missing on her personal page. This seems to be very out of the ordinary for both these young ladies. <modsnip: removed comments from social media>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just discovered this case. According to the article on Crimeonline, the two young women have just recently become engaged.

The article went on to note that "Escalera’s sister, SJ,wrote on facebook that the pair were reported missing by their roommate, who turned Escalera’s phone over to police."

(Please note, I edited the statement so that the sister's full name is not disclosed.)

I think it's odd. Why didn't Escalera have her phone with her?

Lovely young women. I hope they are found or return safely.

Just discovered this case. According to the article on Crimeonline, the two young women have just recently become engaged.

The article went on to note that "Escalera’s sister, SJ,wrote on facebook that the pair were reported missing by their roommate, who turned Escalera’s phone over to police."

(Please note, I edited the statement so that the sister's full name is not disclosed.)

Just providing the link (I think this is the correct one ;)):
MISSING: Family and friends haven’t seen 2 gorgeous North Carolina women in nearly 2 weeks

So they have a roommate? Male, female? Where were they the day of? Were they the last ones to see the ladies? MOO
Even stranger - (from the CrimeOnline link) ...

If anyone has heard anything about/from Paige Escalera or her fiancé Stephanie Mayorga PLEASE let me know..
Last known in the Wilmington, NC area around the 15th. Close friends and family haven’t heard from them since then.
A missing persons report was filed 3 days after their roommate hadn’t seen them. She gave my sisters phone that was left at the apartment to police for evidence to which they didn’t even use to find any of Paige’s immediate contacts for information. No work has been done to find them until yesterday when the roommate called multiple times for updates with no help from the department. She doesn’t know either of them well (not even last names or fb, etc) but investigated enough to find Stephanie’s last name and parents info.

Their roommate doesn't know the girl's last names? I guess one or the other could have just moved in?

If Stephanie had her phone and they were going somewhere and coming back soon, that wouldn't be super odd. Maybe her battery was dead and she doesn't have a car charger?

Even stranger - (from the CrimeOnline link) ...

If anyone has heard anything about/from Paige Escalera or her fiancé Stephanie Mayorga PLEASE let me know..
Last known in the Wilmington, NC area around the 15th. Close friends and family haven’t heard from them since then.
A missing persons report was filed 3 days after their roommate hadn’t seen them. She gave my sisters phone that was left at the apartment to police for evidence to which they didn’t even use to find any of Paige’s immediate contacts for information. No work has been done to find them until yesterday when the roommate called multiple times for updates with no help from the department. She doesn’t know either of them well (not even last names or fb, etc) but investigated enough to find Stephanie’s last name and parents info.

Their roommate doesn't know the girl's last names? I guess one or the other could have just moved in?
Wait, what? So the roommate doesn’t know last name or SM info. I’m thinking along the same lines, new roomies? Rented a room to a stranger to make extra $ for their upcoming wedding, perhaps? She does hound LE for help so thats certainly not a sign of involvement IMO. Did they have any known plans? Are they in a vehicle? How long have they been engaged? Hoping for the best for these two. MOO

Not a lot to go on yet, <modsnip: removed references to social media>

Stephanie was selling stuff on social media lately, so maybe you're right. There has been nothing said about either of them working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stephanie was selling watches on FB. Police is looking into that, possibly a deal that went bad.

Stephanie Mayorga & Paige Escalera Missing: 5 Fast Facts | Heavy.com

That was the first thing I noticed. Unless you are selling to someone you know, that could have put them in a dangerous situation. I hear all the time over people getting threatened or killed over FB Marketplace transactions and such.

The only other I can think of is, maybe they just needed to get away from everyone, with the lock downs in a lot of states, were they still working?

Posted by the Wilmington Police Department on its Facebook page four hours ago:
“Wilmington police are hoping to get one step closer to finding a missing couple from Wilmington. 27-year-old Stephanie Mayorga, pictured on the left of the photograph, and 25-year-old Paige Escalera, on the right, were reported missing on April 15 by a roommate.

Police are now looking for a grey 2013 Dodge Dart registered to Escalera with a South Carolina tag (MVS-902). Both family members and authorities believe the couple's disappearance is suspicious, which is why the WPD is working closely with law enforcement agencies across North and South Carolina in an effort to locate these two women and bring them home.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Wilmington Police Department at (910)-343-3609 or use tip708.com for anonymous methods.

**The attached photo of the vehicle is not an actual photo of the car, only an example of the make and model.” (BBM)
51EE3CBD-3875-43F1-8D14-56C19526A4B0.jpeg 9689A1BD-089D-45A8-AC0F-B74D98148897.jpeg
Wilmington, NC Police Department

“It just doesn’t make sense to leave town and leave all your things. Your phone on your unmade bed, your iPad, your charger, your laptop, these watches,” Jenkins said “These things that I know that are so important to someone. If they’re leaving town, they’re taking them with them.”

25-year-old Paige Escalera was reported missing on April 15th with her 27-year-old fiancé, Stephanie Mayorga.

Escalera’s sister Stevie Jenkins said their roommate reported the two missing three days after she had not seen them.

“She thought maybe they took a day trip somewhere and just didn’t mention it, and not a big deal. The second day she came home, and they still weren’t there,” Jenkins said. “So she went to go get the dog’s leash out of their room to let their dog out, and she realized Paige had left her phone on the bed.”

Police report two missing women to be a suspicious case - WWAY TV

So, the watches weren't with them when they left. They didn't tell the roommate that they were leaving and to look after the dog, which probably means that they weren't expecting to be gone for long. What in the world happened?

“It just doesn’t make sense to leave town and leave all your things. Your phone on your unmade bed, your iPad, your charger, your laptop, these watches,” Jenkins said “These things that I know that are so important to someone. If they’re leaving town, they’re taking them with them.”

25-year-old Paige Escalera was reported missing on April 15th with her 27-year-old fiancé, Stephanie Mayorga.

Escalera’s sister Stevie Jenkins said their roommate reported the two missing three days after she had not seen them.

“She thought maybe they took a day trip somewhere and just didn’t mention it, and not a big deal. The second day she came home, and they still weren’t there,” Jenkins said. “So she went to go get the dog’s leash out of their room to let their dog out, and she realized Paige had left her phone on the bed.”

So, the watches weren't with them when they left. They didn't tell the roommate that they were leaving and to look after the dog, which probably means that they weren't expecting to be gone for long. What in the world happened?
My thought exactly. This is all wrong. I just haven't figured out how it's wrong. There have been complaints by the sister that the family wasn't notified of this until the 25th. Why so long a time?

Wow, the details in this story are very alarming!! We know Stephanie loved her dog, she would never leave him. Not to mention all the other items left in the apartment.

What could we possibly be looking at? Do we know if the girl's relationship was trouble-free? I know they were recently engaged, but I want some reassurance we are not looking at a murder-suicide because one or the other wanted to call it off (sorry to be blunt).

What kind of social life did they have?

APRIL 28, 2020, 1:51 PM ET
BY GINA TRON
“Police in North Carolina are seeking the public’s help in finding a newly engaged couple who disappeared shortly after moving in together.

Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and Paige Escalera, 25, have not been seen since April 15, the Wilmington Police Department said Monday. The pair recently became engaged and moved into an apartment together in Wilmington in March, Escalera’s sister Stevie Jenkins told Oxygen.com. She added that the pair haven't known each other long.

It was the couple's new roommate who filed a missing persons report after not seeing the couple for three days, Jenkins said.

They had only lived there a week or so before they went missing,’ Jenkins told Oxygen.com. ’As I have been contacting her close friends, I have found that every single one of them had been blocked from her social media over the last week or two. It is normal for family to not hear from her, but not her closest friends. As I spoke with Stephanie's friends, they say it isn't normal at all that they don't hear from Stephanie.’

It appears that Mayorga’s phone has been shut off since April 15 — the day she vanished, Jenkins said.

‘Her boss says he tried calling her when she never showed the next morning,’ she told Oxygen.com.

[SBM]

‘I am at a loss,’ Jenkins told Oxygen.com. ’I was just rekindling my relationship with my sister that has not been so well for the last 10 years. For the first time in a long time I felt like I finally had her back.’

Jenkins said that her sibling had just finished getting her GED and was attending college. Recently, Escalera was growing closer with her family, too.

[SBM]” (BBM)
Newly Engaged Couple Vanishes Shortly After Moving In Together, Leaving A Cell Phone Behind

• Stephanie & Paige haven't known each other long.
  • Moved in to an apartment together a week before they went missing.
  • Paige's friends were blocked from her social media, about the time they moved in together. Friends had not heard from her recently.
  • Stephanie's friends had not heard from her recently.
  • Stephanie's phone was not in the apartment, has been shut off since the day they went missing (April 15th).
  • Paige's phone was left behind on the bed at the apartment.
Jenkins added that Escalera has had her share of troubles but said “she is an amazing person and has always pulled out making the right choices. She has a big heart and is willing to help anyone but I am scared that she may have gotten into trouble this way.”
Newly Engaged Couple Vanishes Shortly After Moving In Together, Leaving A Cell Phone Behind

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back