Found Deceased NC - Stephanie Mayorga, 27, & Paige Escalera, 25, Wilmington, 15 Apr 2020

I saw that footage so I believe it but be very careful following that news source. Not credible but manages to get incredible insight. (if we saw the same live cast)
I’m sure it was the same live cast. Most news I take with a grain of salt. I’ve watched way to many operation mockingbird videos

I’m very curious as to what they are looking for and or expect to find? Highly perplexing

I’m sure it was the same live cast. Most new I take with a grain of salt. I’ve watched way to many operation mockingbird videos

I’m very curious as to what they are looking for and or expect to find? Highly perplexing
Well, are they now taking the investigation seriously given what was said about the night of the crash relative to a loud boom sounding crash but nothing found? I'm not shaming LEO but sure are a lot of what ifs - 2 weeks later.

Update from the Wilmington, NC Police Department

Wilmington, NC Police Department

police believe the car may have been involved in an extremely high velocity crash. 911 records show that on April 15, police, fire, and EMS were dispatched to this area just before midnight. A caller advised that they saw a car in their rear view mirror heading west on Independence Boulevard, going at a high rate of speed, possibly hitting a wall and then going into the wooded area. When First-Responders arrived they met with the caller and searched the area with flashlights. However they were unable to find any sign of a collision and no one with injuries.

I wonder if they think they hit the Watermark Marina sign/Wall? I can't see another wall to hit?

Wilmington PD Press Release
News Release
Wilmington Police Department – River Road
Tuesday, May 5, 2020 - 12:30 pm

Wilmington, NC — Wilmington Police are confirming that the car found yesterday just off River Road is registered to 25-year-old Paige Escalera. The car was found just after 3 p.m. outside the Watermark Marina with two unidentified bodies inside. The grey 2013 Dodge Dart was deep in the woods and covered in vegetation. While the investigation continues, police believe the car may have been involved in an extremely high velocity crash. 911 records show that on April 15, police, fire, and EMS were dispatched to this area just before midnight. A caller advised that they saw a car in their rear view mirror heading west on Independence Boulevard, going at a high rate of speed, possibly hitting a wall and then going into the wooded area. When First-Responders arrived they met with the caller and searched the area with flashlights. However they were unable to find any sign of a collision and no one with injuries. Police have now broadened this investigation to include a traffic crash.

Both bodies are scheduled to undergo an autopsy in the coming days. We will release information as as it becomes available. This case remains under investigation.

A

I, personally find their lack of taking the case seriously the first two weeks appalling. As well as, the rumor of a crash the night they went missing, why did they not do their due diligence and thoroughly investigate during the day? So many what ifs and questions in this scenario.
And then as soon as these 2 were reported missing, the officers on duty that night didn't put 2 and 2 together and go back and search again? Or, is that what led them to this spot?.....Officers recalling what they were dispatched to check out 2 weeks ago? I'm very pro-LE but this just seems......not good.

A

I, personally find their lack of taking the case seriously the first two weeks appalling. As well as, the rumor of a crash the night they went missing, why did they not do their due diligence and thoroughly investigate during the day? So many what ifs and questions in this scenario.

I'm also just imagining how the people who witnessed the crash must have felt and/or are feeling. Knowing what they saw and then finding nothing. It's so sad. If it turns out to be the girls in the car, which I'm guessing so, I really hope they didn't suffer and it was just instant for them. JMO

Wilmington PD Press Release
News Release
Wilmington Police Department – River Road
Tuesday, May 5, 2020 - 12:30 pm

Wilmington, NC — Wilmington Police are confirming that the car found yesterday just off River Road is registered to 25-year-old Paige Escalera. The car was found just after 3 p.m. outside the Watermark Marina with two unidentified bodies inside. The grey 2013 Dodge Dart was deep in the woods and covered in vegetation. While the investigation continues, police believe the car may have been involved in an extremely high velocity crash. 911 records show that on April 15, police, fire, and EMS were dispatched to this area just before midnight. A caller advised that they saw a car in their rear view mirror heading west on Independence Boulevard, going at a high rate of speed, possibly hitting a wall and then going into the wooded area. When First-Responders arrived they met with the caller and searched the area with flashlights. However they were unable to find any sign of a collision and no one with injuries. Police have now broadened this investigation to include a traffic crash.

Both bodies are scheduled to undergo an autopsy in the coming days. We will release information as as it becomes available. This case remains under investigation.

And then as soon as these 2 were reported missing, the officers on duty that night didn't put 2 and 2 together and go back and search again? Or, is that what led them to this spot?.....Officers recalling what they were dispatched to check out 2 weeks ago? I'm very pro-LE but this just seems......not good.
I can't believe they didn't go back the next morning in the light of day when everything is so much more visible.

I was skeptical when I heard "deep in the woods." Now I'm really thinking it is CYA.

Somehow even more tragic now that both sets of parents put out a plea just yesterday. I can't imagine how the parents feel knowing that the girls could have been found within hours. Or at least a day. To have the stroke of luck that someone witnessed this late at night, called police, stayed until they got there only to have such a lackluster response to the call.

ETA - I wonder if there was visible paint on the wall that the car hit and careened off. I'll have to take out my bifocals and look at those pictures.

Last edited:
BREAKING: Police reveal how missing North Carolina women likely died, confirm vehicle belonged to Paige Escalera
by Leigh Egan

ETA:
May 5, 2020

“[SBM]

In a Facebook t, the Wilmington Police Department said the bodies were too badly decomposed for immediate identification and that ‘there will be no further details provided today.’ Although the women still have not been positively identified, authorities believe they found the bodies of Stephanie Mayorga, 27, and [Paige] Escalera.

Wilmington officials believe that the women died after an ‘extremely high velocity crash.’

‘While the investigation continues, police believe the car may have been involved in an extremely high velocity crash. 911 records show that on April 15, police, fire, and EMS were dispatched to this area just before midnight,’ Wilmington PD posted on Facebook.

A caller advised that they saw a car in their rear view mirror heading west on Independence Boulevard, going at a high rate of speed, possibly hitting a wall and then going into the wooded area.’

After first responders arrived at the area last month, they searched for the vehicle but didn’t find anything. Authorities have now opened a traffic crash investigation in connection with the case. An autopsy on both women has been scheduled.

[SBM]” (BBM)
I know we don’t have all the facts yet, but so far, I am not particularly impressed with the way this case has been handled. I would especially like to know exactly what was done between the time the roommate reported them missing on April 19th (I believe ... I have heard a couple different dates ...) and when the WPD first posted about it on its Facebook page on April 27th.

My deepest condolences to Stephanie and Paige’s families.

Last edited:
LOL yeah its hard to see, if you watch the video on a computer screen you can see the part I've circled moving as they move the car. It's not 100%, but I'm pretty sure I see the hood of the car or something sticking up there. JMO of course.

It seems you may have been right on the money with what you saw on that video! Good attention to detail!

snipped from your link
Wilmington officials believe that the women died after an “extremely high velocity crash.”

“While the investigation continues, police believe the car may have been involved in an extremely high velocity crash. 911 records show that on April 15, police, fire, and EMS were dispatched to this area just before midnight,” Wilmington PD posted on Facebook.

“A caller advised that they saw a car in their rear view mirror heading west on Independence Boulevard, going at a high rate of speed, possibly hitting a wall and then going into the wooded area.”

After first responders arrived at the area last month, they searched for the vehicle but didn’t find anything. Authorities have now opened a traffic crash investigation in connection with the case. An autopsy on both women has been scheduled.
---
wow they couldn't find the vehicle?

Not only did LE fail to properly investigate on the 15th when the 911 call was given out, the witness that believed saw the high speed crash should have re-contacted LE with the tip of what he witnessed once the missing persons info was spread. I am so, so sorry for these women and their families. Lives maybe could have been saved with prompt medical attention.

Well there you go. "Deep in the woods" was the start of LE doing some CYA, IMO, because the car should have been found MUCH sooner. Tragic. So sorry for the families and friends of these women.

Not only did LE fail to properly investigate on the 15th when the 911 call was given out, the witness that believed saw the high speed crash should have re-contacted LE with the tip of what he witnessed once the missing persons info was spread. I am so, so sorry for these women and their families. Lives maybe could have been saved with prompt medical attention.

Maybe that’s what prompted them to search that area again. Who ever may have put two and two together, that the dates were the same.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back