PARENTS KILLED AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 13-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER
---
POLICE NEED PUBLIC'S HELP IN FINDING MISSING AND PREGNANT KIERRA COLES

GUILTY NC - Tabitha Rich for abusing, scalding 2yo son, Waynesville, 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Kymistry35, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Kymistry35

Kymistry35 It's never to late to be who you could have been

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6618206/

The article doesn't give much info. Poor little babe, I pray that he is recovering nicely and that he is in a loving home! As for her and the BF, I hope they burn in hell.:furious:

2. Spurser

Spurser Inquire Within

Do you know if the boyfriend's offenses were against this child or an adult? This is so upsetting. Why would a mom punish a child for being constipated? Oh yeah, she's not a mom. She's a monster.

3. Kymistry35

I don't have anymore info that what is in the article Spurser, I just happened to run across it while looking at something else.

4. raysgirl1126

raysgirl1126 Proud to be a New England Patriots Fan!!!!

This is so sad! What a monster!

5. Disguiseduser0308

Disguiseduser0308 New Member

:( I hope the little fella is recovering well and in the arms of a loving family.

6. PeteyGirl

PeteyGirl New Member

I don't get it. Parenting training for FUTURE victims?

7. Kymistry35

That is exactly what I thought PeteyGirl when I read it. What they shoud have done is ordered mandatory sterilization and no contact with anyone under the age of 18 ever! And that is after she is sentenced to a long prison sentence!

8. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

9. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

Apparently the foster family has become the child's permanent guardiansl

10. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

I wanted to add that when they showed her in court on WLOS TV 13 she had no affect at all. It was really strange.

11. SunnieRN

SunnieRN Active Member

Oh my God:

<snip>

The child also had injuries to his head and eye and cigarette burn on his left foot.

Assistant District Attorney Reid Brown said during the hearing that Rich put her son in the water as punishment because he was constipated.

Doctors later found that he had a bacterial infection of the bloodstream because of an injury to his anus.

The article goes on to say that the boyfriend had put a toothbrush up the childs rectum to help get him to go to the bathroom!?! Please tell me she will NOT be allowed to keep any other children she has in the future?!

12. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

Three and a half years is NOT enough. Seriously. And how can we guarantee, as the poster above mentions, that she won't be able to have more children when she gets out. It should be mandatory for women convicted of such crimes to have their tubes tied before they leave prison. And I'm not even slightly joking.

I hope that poor little boy doesn't remember any of it and he grows up in a happy, loving home with his new parents.

13. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

thank-you, there should be a mandatory sterilization policy in order for some of these slugs before they are even considered being set loose upon society again. constipation is not a punishable offense...GOD! i dont think they were trying to help him with that toothbrush either. :furious: pathetic.

14. PeteyGirl

PeteyGirl New Member

The toothbrush thing (gawd!) was torturing him, not any "low intelligence level" attempt to unconstipate him. Some kids are afraid of pooping at that age and having it "taken away". He was probably withholding his feces like most of the other kids his age and development and being potty trained.

He was being punished, not "helped". And it sounds like they perforated his anus and caused fecal bacteria to get into his bloodstream.

I see lots and lots of persistence in the gay rights front, the antiabortion front, but I've never seen a THING suggesting a bill to sterilize people convicted of heinous child abuse.

Not a whisper! I wonder why not? I'm not sure I'd get on the bandwagon . . . but I like the idea. It's just such an inviolable human right, I imagine the screams of EUGENICS OMG!! and WHAT WILL BE NEXT? so I understand what a terribly slippery slope it would be!

15. PeteyGirl

PeteyGirl New Member

Reminds me of Dr Laura Schlessinger, who was known to offer to pay for sterilization and a bit of cash to boot. Maybe there could be a grassroots movement . . . donate a sterilization and five hundred buck, it could be a tax write off, perhaps?

16. nervous_nellie

nervous_nellie Carpe Noctem

im sure it would never fly because such a thing could be mis-used, abused, etc. what if someone was wrongly convicted,blah blah blah....which could actually happen but this stuff just really really makes me mad. these idiots that are doing these despicable things never seem to really pay the price for what they have done, or at least in my opinion, and they certainly werent thinking of their victims' civil/human rights when they were abusing/killing them. but when they get caught THEN thats the biggest priority....:banghead:

17. mysticrose

mysticrose The key to change... is to let go of fear

Why wasn't her sentence to include being put in boiling water ? I think that would and should top it off.....

18. tiredblondy

tiredblondy New Member

I so agree. That would be justice for these abusers to do to them what they did to the baby.

I wonder what will happen with the boyfriend. I still do not understand her sentence !!!