GUILTY NC - Teghan Skiba, 4, Smithfield, 19 July 2010 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Teghan - people / posters I promise I will copy and paste this thread to take to Susan Doyle if you will all PLEASE just stand up and fight for this baby girl.

RIP sweet angel, Teghan. Beautiful name for a beautiful baby. Praying for swift justice for you. You deserved so much better.

She left Teghan with a man she met at a bar and had only known for a few weeks? She should be ashamed of herself. I'm 100% for supporting our military, but this is just beyond anything that I can comprehend. Why would you leave your child with a complete stranger... (because IMO.. knowing someone a few weeks still makes them a stranger!) I hope they charge her with anything they can. And I hope this gets the DP.

Topsail Girl, thank you for transcribing that interview.
What I'd like to know is where the mother and Teghan were living before this "relationship" started and why anyone with an ounce of common sense would subject themselves and their 4 y/o daughter to living in a barn on an air mattress, etc? Doesn't the mother have any family? And if not, how on earth did she get into the Army Reserves without anyone to care for her child? I'd also like to know how she was accepted as someone who obviously doesn't use good judgment. :waitasec: MOO

TopSail Girl I live close to there as well. Let me know if you need my assistance with anything..

I agree Panthera and hopefully as this unfolds we will have more info. I'm not sure if the interview with Sheriff Bizzell is up yet - I'll just tell ya he is one pissed ofd Sheriff. He know ALOT more than he's telling. IMO ONLY

All posters here - I can promise you something. Whether interest stays or fades I will be in that court house and I will be updating here. I am still going between furious and sickness but I will not let this case go.

Now if I can figure out how to edit my siggy I'll add her to my list of people who deserve justice. In my heart I believe Michelle Young is helping me and guiding me to stay with this case just as I do her for her and Rylan.

TopSail Girl I live close to there as well. Let me know if you need my assistance with anything..

I'd love for us to get together and go together to whatever hearings or court dates. Sheriff Bizzell said today that the community is outraged but you know as well as I do as the case linger people forget.. I will not let that happen.

I agree Panthera and hopefully as this unfolds we will have more info. I'm not sure if the interview with Sheriff Bizzell is up yet - I'll just tell ya he is one pissed ofd Sheriff. He know ALOT more than he's telling. IMO ONLY
Thanks so much. I definitely am hoping more information is released.

What I'd like to know is where the mother and Teghan were living before this "relationship" started and why anyone with an ounce of common sense would subject themselves and their 4 y/o daughter to living in a barn on an air mattress, etc? Doesn't the mother have any family? And if not, how on earth did she get into the Army Reserves without anyone to care for her child? I'd also like to know how she was accepted as someone who obviously doesn't use good judgment. :waitasec: MOO

panthera, he talked Reyes into leaving Teghan with him. He told her his sister was coming with her kids. What? Like for a month? Six weeks? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Then the woman claims she was afraid of him?

Seriously what is up with that? Apparently Teghan and Reyes lived with her mother prior to this hook up. Teghan's dad's aunts said they would have cared for this child.

I'm wondering how old his grands are and how the poor gram had to put up with him? Something is up.

This is just another case of a female putting her wants, needs, and desires before her child.

I mean really she expects everyone to believe that she was "afraid" of him and yet she leaves a defensless child with him... Plz!

RIP sweet Teghan :angel: - that is my sweet niece's middle name. What an adorable little girl Teghan was. If only she would have stayed with the aunt she wouldn't have suffered :banghead:

This is just another case of a female putting her wants, needs, and desires before her child.

I mean really she expects everyone to believe that she was "afraid" of him and yet she leaves a defensless child with him... Plz!

If she were afraid of him, I think it only makes it worse that she would leave a defenseless child with him. Leaving a child with someone she believed was a great person is one thing. But leaving a child with someone she says she was afraid of? A 21 year old guy who has no biological connection to the child?

What is so heartbreaking to me is to think of how Teghan suffered for 10 days!!!
Bless her little heart, I know she is singing with the angels now.

Topsail thanks so much for all you're doing.

I know emotions are running high here, which is OK. We can state opinions on Mom's behavior as long as it is respectful and not bashing. We can state opinions on the perps behavior of course as well. That keeps all of us within TOS and then we wont have more casualties from this case.

I am with Belinda-something has to give here...I know single parents from difficult homes who would never put their children in a situation like this. And I know just as many who would and do. Why the difference, especially when they have other choices? I dont get it.

I'd love for us to get together and go together to whatever hearings or court dates. Sheriff Bizzell said today that the community is outraged but you know as well as I do as the case linger people forget.. I will not let that happen.

Sounds good to me... This story just touched me when I first read it. All the stories do but the fact that it happened so close by is just disturbing. I will definitely fight with you in any way I can for Teghan to recieve the justice she deserves..

Vigil honors Johnston County domestic violence, abuse victims

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/8012551/

Smithfield, N.C. — A candlelight vigil on Thursday will honor the lives of four people who died recently of domestic violence or abuse in Johnston County.
Harbor, Inc., a non-profit shelter, crisis and counseling group which helps victims of domestic violence, is sponsoring the vigil at 5:30 p.m. the Johnston County Courthouse in Smithfield.
The most recent victim, 4-year-old Teghan Alyssa Skiba, died at UNC Hospitals in Chapel Hill Monday night. Investigators said the girl had been sexually abused, beaten and bitten in a barn behind a Smithfield home. Her mother’s boyfriend, Jonathan Douglas Richardson, 21, has been charged in her death.

Topsail girl, I am near Smithfield also, about 40 minutes. Let me know if I can help and let us know where these things are happening. I agree, she must not be forgotten.

Porci

Well posters I did not get to go to the vigil. I am recovering from brain surgery and the heat was just too much. I thought it best that I not attend. I'm sure there will be some coverage later on the news and I'll be sure and post it as soon as I find it.

RIP Teghan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members