NC NC - Terry Tersak, 33, Asheville, 3 June 2009

This is likely just a weird coincidence but on this forum for Jaguar car enthusiasts there's a message from a "Terry Lynn Tersak" who's married to a fighter pilot called "Stefan T. Tersak" (you can find posts of his on there). It goes on to say that Stefan was killed in action on August, 2004. [Lumps!] Lumped XJ-S needs a new home, for the worst possible reason
Surely there wasn't another couple with the exact same names? "Tersak" isn't a common American surname.

Agreed, this is very strange and we need to research more into recent events regarding missing Terry Tersak. I have heard some of the most uncommon names repeated in America, however.

It's totally messed up...I tried to go through all the info once again...but it's one camp competing with another camp....trying to dismiss information on both sides.

Agreed, this is very strange and we need to research more into recent events regarding missing Terry Tersak. I have heard some of the most uncommon names repeated in America, however.

Yeah, it's probably just an uncanny coincidence. I just found it striking because of how rare the surname is in the US.

The whole story around her disappearance is very unsettling.

So she calls her cousin, on June 1 (reports on dates differ) telling she will come to visit, bringing her son with her. On what date was she expected to arrive at her cousin's? The same day? The next day or any other day in the future? What was her demeanor when she made that call? Happy-go-lucky...upset...scared? It's an approx. 4 hours drive, (with a child, what age was he then?) so she had to make some kind of a plan to drive there.

She left her car behind...strange...makes me think she never departed or something happened that intervened with her plan, driving out to Garner. Could it be she planned to leave her husband for good and he knew.

Then, according to her husband, the next day, June 2, instead of driving with her son to her cousin in Garner, she leaves with a "Jen", leaving her son and her car behind. It's possible she changed her plans, but wouldn't she have notified her cousin, who is expecting her (when?) and would be worried...IMO it's essential to know when she planned to arrive at her cousin's.

Could she have planned "her escape" and the story of driving to her cousin wasn't her intention at all. Just a cover up, make her husband believe that, by hearing her making the call? Then, according to the husband's story, a "Jen" picked her up and she left without her son on June 2. A BS-story if you ask me. If she was secretive about her real plans IMO she just would have left...taking things from there.

We tend to think that mother's don't leave their children (in general, me also) just like that, but sadly it happens. How was she like a mother? There must be others, beside her husband, who could say something about that. If the circumstances and story wasn't that incoherent I might have thought she left her son, but somehow I don't believe that.

Next...he had to pick her up on the 20th of June...but address was non-existent.....returning home, somebody had broken in?/got access to his? storage unit and cleaned it out. Didn't he pay the bills? IIRR they clean it out if you are in dept to long. Is suggested that Terry had anything to do with it? Police wouldn't come? Why? There must be a call on record, something LE can check....Was Terry's body maybe in the storage unit, before it was cleaned out??? How convenient police didn't come.....Why is mentioning the clean-out relevant anyway?

What's really strange....her husband poured out every little detail about her...what products she used to dye her hair...her weight, wearing specific things...her favorite color, etc. on a level it's starting to be creepy. Things that are private and aren't necessary to share in a missing persons case. But totally no details about the content of the so called "brief conversation" he had with her when she according to him visit his new apartment. How would she have known to find him anyway?

Sorry for this long post...it reflects a bit of my frustration.

So she calls her cousin, on June 1 (reports on dates differ) telling she will come to visit, bringing her son with her. On what date was she expected to arrive at her cousin's? The same day? The next day or any other day in the future? What was her demeanor when she made that call? Happy-go-lucky...upset...scared? It's an approx. 4 hours drive, (with a child, what age was he then?) so she had to make some kind of a plan to drive there.

She left her car behind...strange...makes me think she never departed or something happened that intervened with her plan, driving out to Garner. Could it be she planned to leave her husband for good and he knew.

Then, according to her husband, the next day, June 2, instead of driving with her son to her cousin in Garner, she leaves with a "Jen", leaving her son and her car behind. It's possible she changed her plans, but wouldn't she have notified her cousin, who is expecting her (when?) and would be worried...IMO it's essential to know when she planned to arrive at her cousin's.

Could she have planned "her escape" and the story of driving to her cousin wasn't her intention at all. Just a cover up, make her husband believe that, by hearing her making the call? Then, according to the husband's story, a "Jen" picked her up and she left without her son on June 2. A BS-story if you ask me. If she was secretive about her real plans IMO she just would have left...taking things from there.

We tend to think that mother's don't leave their children (in general, me also) just like that, but sadly it happens. How was she like a mother? There must be others, beside her husband, who could say something about that. If the circumstances and story wasn't that incoherent I might have thought she left her son, but somehow I don't believe that.

Next...he had to pick her up on the 20th of June...but address was non-existent.....returning home, somebody had broken in?/got access to his? storage unit and cleaned it out. Didn't he pay the bills? IIRR they clean it out if you are in dept to long. Is suggested that Terry had anything to do with it? Police wouldn't come? Why? There must be a call on record, something LE can check....Was Terry's body maybe in the storage unit, before it was cleaned out??? How convenient police didn't come.....Why is mentioning the clean-out relevant anyway?

What's really strange....her husband poured out every little detail about her...what products she used to dye her hair...her weight, wearing specific things...her favorite color, etc. on a level it's starting to be creepy. Things that are private and aren't necessary to share in a missing persons case. But totally no details about the content of the so called "brief conversation" he had with her when she according to him visit his new apartment. How would she have known to find him anyway?

All excellent points, and why I suspect he knows exactly what happened to her.

All excellent points, and why I suspect he knows exactly what happened to her.

I just don't understand why LE didn't had doubts, like us and didn't asked this questions and researched further, according....

When someone works that hard to discredit their loved one who is “missing”, I do not trust their motives. Furthermore, these types seem to work overtime to infiltrate every possible forum, etc., that discusses their loved one so that they can attempt to stay one step ahead of law enforcement, etc. I just don’t trust Terry’s husband. I think he knows exactly what happened to his wife. Just my opinion and I could be wrong.

I wonder what the cousin has to say about the phone call and plans/date visiting...seems very relevant to me. If this info is not going to come out.....This case ends for me and it's going to be all speculation and I don't want to go there.

OK so I was a little worried about coming on here and discussing this because it was a long time ago and the person who claimed to be her "husband" is or was some type of on-line data miner. He digs up internet dirt not unlike what everyone here does but seemed to me at the time to be able to do it on a mass scale and access any type of information about anyone. I feel like he probably has tabs on anything about Terry that pops up on the internet and monitors it. I watched Web of Death which is what made me come here to see if Terry's name had ever been brought up on this forum because the situation with her always bothered me.

So this had to be back in maybe 1999-2000. I was between jobs and supplemented paying my bills with selling pot. Terry and her roommate at the time Sarah were living in an apartment complex in Durham NC. I am still friends with Sarah and she can corroborate this story. We were all just friends, nothing more. Both girls were exotic dancers at a club in Cary NC called Pure Gold. While I'm a little cloudy on the actual dates of any of this, at one point I went over to their place to hang out and we all smoked together. Terry was packing and told me she was moving out. She told me she had met a man at the club and was going to be moving in with him which all seemed a little sketchy. She then proceeded to tell me that the man Stefan, was going to pay her to be "his wife". She asked me if I knew what common law marriage was about and I didn't so she explained that in the state of NC if a couple is living together for 7 years they can be considered "married" and that's what she was going to do with him but in just a much shorter time frame because they were going to just sign the papers and claim she had been living with him. That night was the last time I saw her in person but we texted back and forth for a little while. At some point I got a cryptic phone call which I believe was from her "husband" asking me if my wife knew what I was doing texting strippers, or something to that effect. At the time I really didn't care and blew the phone call off as a crank call but later after she disappeared it kind of stuck out in my head.

Anyway, after she had moved out she and her ex-roommate Sarah ended up in court over the lease which Sarah conveyed to me was a ridiculous "crap" show and I don't remember what ever actually happened about it. A couple of years later Sarah sent me links to Terry's husband's website which was all about divorced fathers that don't get to see their children. Terry was all over the website supposedly writing articles that from anyone who knew her, knew she wasn't capable of writing at all. She was basically just a hippie pothead, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. The articles she had supposedly been writing were well thought out and carefully crafted propaganda that looked to us to definitely not have been written by Terry at all.
A few years later we found out she was missing and the amount of narrative controlling her "husband" was doing online on his website was definitely super sketchy especially because the website her aunt and her family had setup didn't match up at all and publicly denounced him claiming he had something to do with her disappearance.

The point of all of this is that I thought Terry was a really nice girl and if she went down a bad road and disappeared because of it that's one thing but considering the man involved and the sketch way he met her, enticed her into a "marriage" and then used her as the figurehead of his website just never added up to me at all and I always felt like something terrible happened to her. Even now thinking about the situation it always rubbed me the wrong way about how they got together and how he used her to do his on-line campaigning about getting rights to see his kids or whatever he was actually doing. I truly hope this information helps and Terry can be found and her family can be given some peace about the situation.

Last edited:
Not her, different person. The missing person spells name Terry, I believe. My sense is this woman had little family support in a dad and brother she was distant or estranged from. The husband sure has created a lot of smoke and mirrors over the years, lots of he-said, she-said, pressured speech in writing stuff to put Terry in a bad light. Unfortunately it seems to have been effective. I wonder if her dad and brother or any friends who knew her are still around. Is the detective asleep? Someone is purposely making the case confusing for 11 years now. Maybe she did run off, overwhelmed, impaired. Or maybe she was done away with (with lots of deflection and chaotic written reporting to follow, to cover up her murder). I wonder if she's alive out there. Or if someone got away with ending her life. Her and Stefan's autistic son ought to be an adult by now. I wonder how he is doing. Is her dad still living, got her brother's name?
I added some info to this thread.
If anyone has info recent as 2017 until now please leave it here.
I added some info to this thread

I added some info about this

OK so I was a little worried about coming on here and discussing this because it was a long time ago and the person who claimed to be her "husband" is or was some type of on-line data miner. He digs up internet dirt not unlike what everyone here does but seemed to me at the time to be able to do it on a mass scale and access any type of information about anyone. I feel like he probably has tabs on anything about Terry that pops up on the internet and monitors it. I watched Web of Death which is what made me come here to see if Terry's name had ever been brought up on this forum because the situation with her always bothered me.

So this had to be back in maybe 1999-2000. I was between jobs and supplemented paying my bills with selling pot. Terry and her roommate at the time Sarah were living in an apartment complex in Durham NC. I am still friends with Sarah and she can corroborate this story. We were all just friends, nothing more. Both girls were exotic dancers at a club in Cary NC called Pure Gold. While I'm a little cloudy on the actual dates of any of this, at one point I went over to their place to hang out and we all smoked together. Terry was packing and told me she was moving out. She told me she had met a man at the club and was going to be moving in with him which all seemed a little sketchy. She then proceeded to tell me that the man Stefan, was going to pay her to be "his wife". She asked me if I knew what common law marriage was about and I didn't so she explained that in the state of NC if a couple is living together for 7 years they can be considered "married" and that's what she was going to do with him but in just a much shorter time frame because they were going to just sign the papers and claim she had been living with him. That night was the last time I saw her in person but we texted back and forth for a little while. At some point I got a cryptic phone call which I believe was from her "husband" asking me if my wife knew what I was doing texting strippers, or something to that effect. At the time I really didn't care and blew the phone call off as a crank call but later after she disappeared it kind of stuck out in my head.

Anyway, after she had moved out she and her ex-roommate Sarah ended up in court over the lease which Sarah conveyed to me was a ridiculous "crap" show and I don't remember what ever actually happened about it. A couple of years later Sarah sent me links to Terry's husband's website which was all about divorced fathers that don't get to see their children. Terry was all over the website supposedly writing articles that from anyone who knew her, knew she wasn't capable of writing at all. She was basically just a hippie pothead, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. The articles she had supposedly been writing were well thought out and carefully crafted propaganda that looked to us to definitely not have been written by Terry at all.
A few years later we found out she was missing and the amount of narrative controlling her "husband" was doing online on his website was definitely super sketchy especially because the website her aunt and her family had setup didn't match up at all and publicly denounced him claiming he had something to do with her disappearance.

The point of all of this is that I thought Terry was a really nice girl and if she went down a bad road and disappeared because of it that's one thing but considering the man involved and the sketch way he met her, enticed her into a "marriage" and then used her as the figurehead of his website just never added up to me at all and I always felt like something terrible happened to her. Even now thinking about the situation it always rubbed me the wrong way about how they got together and how he used her to do his on-line campaigning about getting rights to see his kids or whatever he was actually doing. I truly hope this information helps and Terry can be found and her family can be given some peace about the situation.
Are you talking about this? Are We A Nation Of *advertiser censored*? by Terri Lynn Tersak

1674579569419.png

Where does this comes into place?

That definitely looks like something she did not or would not have written. Again, her personality was definitely that of a flighty free-spirited hippie, and definitely not what the author of that article conveys. Could be wrong but myself and her former roommate who actually lived with her for over a year looked at each other when we saw these types of things and were both like no wayyyy... Pretty sure that's the husband's website. Note the 501c3 status as a "charity" organization. Also why would someone "write" that article then abandon their own child?

Last edited:
That definitely looks like something she did not or would not have written. Again, her personality was definitely that of a flighty free-spirited hippie, and definitely not what the author of that article conveys. Could be wrong but myself and her former roommate who actually lived with her for over a year looked at each other when we saw these types of things and were both like no wayyyy... Pretty sure that's the husband's website. Note the 5013c status as a "charity" organization. Also why would someone "write" that article then abandon their own child?
Also the spelling of her name is different (the picture is hers) There is also this Legal Services Corporation Abuses by Terri Lynn Tersak and Charles E. Corry, Ph.D.
(A? ) Terri Lynn Tersak, presented as President & CEO, True Equality Network. It's seems weird, but maybe Terry was much smarter then people thought or she made people belief she wasn't. On the other hand, seeing stuff written by her husband it looks like he is very sassy in expressing himself in writing.

Also the spelling of her name is different (the picture is hers) There is also this Legal Services Corporation Abuses by Terri Lynn Tersak and Charles E. Corry, Ph.D.
(A? ) Terri Lynn Tersak, presented as President & CEO, True Equality Network. It's seems weird, but maybe Terry was much smarter then people thought or she made people belief she wasn't. On the other hand, seeing stuff written by her husband it looks like he is very sassy in expressing himself in writing.
Yeah I noticed the spelling change as well but it's definitely her picture on both that website and all the missing persons reports of her by her family. Sometimes a simple change in spelling makes the difference in what law enforcement does or does not find? Also if someone was to look at that article at the time and google search Terry Lynn Tersak, they would have seen an exotic dancer and maybe didn't want that to be the figurehead he wanted for his charity organization? Changing the spelling just enough to offset her previous occupation? Again I knew her for almost a year and her roommate lived with her for over a year and if her vocabulary was anything like what those articles contained neither of us would have looked twice. Not saying she was dumb by any means but that is absolutely above and beyond anything we even remotely would have expected to come out of her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back