NC NC - Tyarra Williams, 19, Greensboro, 7 Jan 2016

I just don't see it. They would have been 4 or 5 years apart in school. I'm sure they knew each other and some of the same people, but I would think they had a different inner group of friends. Asia was 22 when she was murdered and would be 23 today.

Maybe, I'm missing something. What does their age difference have to do with it? RollTide

I just don't think a freshman and a senior would be super chummy. I could be wrong. I'm sure they knew the same people though, being from the same neighborhood.

I see your point but if they were both part of the LGBT community, it's only my thoughts.

I see your point but if they were both part of the LGBT community, it's only my thoughts.

I've definitely missed something. Where did you find info on them being part of the LGBT community?

Thanks...wonder why she came to that conclusion?
I think there were pics at the time, but I can't say for sure? Argh! Frustrating! If the young women were part of that community, I could see it. Around here, folks aren't very accepting.

Police React to Social Media Tip in Missing Girl's Case

All police need is one tip to crack a case.
This weekend, several people contacted Greensboro Police about a post on Instagram possibly related to Tyarra Williams. The 19-year-old was last seen on January 7th near her apartment complex in Greensboro.

A user on Instagram claimed he overheard two people talking about Williams and thought one of them knew where she might be. Greensboro Police interviewed the man and quickly ruled out his story.
"They reached out to our Crime Stoppers line, they reached out to our communications line, they reached out directly to the police department we also had people reach out to us via Facebook to send that same post to our Facebook page," said Captain Mike Richey.

Captain Mike Richey oversees the Criminal Investigation Unit for Greensboro Police and is leading the Tyarra Williams investigation.

"The information came to us and within probably about 15 minutes of receiving the first call, we had detectives who were on the information to see was it accurate, was it something that we could go on, was it a new lead for Tyarra Williams," said Captain Mike Richey.

Stay connected 24/7 via WFMY News 2

Get the WFMY News 2 App and the WFMY News 2 Weather App free in the Apple store.

WFMY News 2 Facebook Page

WFMY News 2 on Twitter @WFMY

For News Tips: news@wfmy.com or 336-379-9316

Submit Photos/Videos: Email myphotos@wfmy.com

WFMY News 2 On Instagram

http://www.wfmynews2.com/weather/lo...cial-media-tip-in-missing-girls-case/61851362

Checking back in. I just checked the news and while there are some articles in the last 3 weeks there seems to be no real updates. I wish LE had something more they could add. Somebody knows something and another bit info might cause that someone to realize that they really some worthwhile information.

This is so sad, she is absolutely beautiful and wow what a smile!
Looks like she is LGBT, I hope that her family has asked for the LGBT community for help. I'm a few hours away from her city and haven't seen anything about her come across my fb feed 😕

Any links to support the LGBT mention?

#HelpFindTyarra
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For parents, there's nothing like the feelings of joy and love you get from your newborn. But there's no nightmare like when a child goes missing.

At any given time, there are 80,000 missing people in the U.S. -- many from right here in the Triad.

(...)

Police in Greensboro are also looking for Tyarra Williams. She's been missing for over 200 days. The 19-year-old was last seen leaving her home in Greensboro back in January.

Unfortunately right now, police don't have any new updates or leads.

(...)

In a statement sent to WFMY News 2 on Wednesday, Tyarra Williams’ mother, Danielle, said the following:
As of today, unfortunately we do not have any viable updates or leads. GPD still considers it an on-going case, and we are following up on any tips or calls we receive. We are currently still working social media to keep the word out and her face prevalent. Our family asks everyone to still continue to keep sharing and praying. Also to keep their eyes and ears open for any information in regards to her or anyone involved in her disappearance. No info is too small. We want her home and we know she wants to be home. No one deserves this kind of pain or anguish. Our family has remained in prayer and hope for her safe return. Someone knows something, the silence has gone on entirely too long. I would like to urge anyone who knows anything to please speak out so we can get her home to us. Also the family would like to thank the community for all of their help, love, and concern with my daughter's disappearance.

http://www.wfmynews2.com/news/local/what-happens-when-missing-persons-cases-go-cold/286818271

Any links to support the LGBT mention?

At the time, her facebook was public and there were pictures of her and another young lady of them being physically affectionate as a couple, along with comments from friends about how cute they were together, etc. Typical dating pics really. Since then, her page has been pretty locked down though.

:bump:
#HelpFindTyarra

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyarra Williams was last seen the afternoon of January 7, 2016, walking in the parking lot of the apartment complex in Greensboro, North Carolina where she lived with her family. She left on foot to go see a friend, but never returned home. Officials have said the then 19-year-old disappeared under suspicious circumstances, but little information has been released in the case. Family members insist Tyarra would never have run away, and was planning to start classes soon on early childhood development at the Guilford Technical Community College nearby.

tyarra_williams_d02a588caac685afc3328a81db6635d5.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/miss...ssing-america-65-people-still-missing-n691281

I had to come back to this and see if anything has come up. A few updates earlier this year such as this one:

http://www.greensboro.com/news/loca...cle_8387f85e-a2d2-5c1f-8b5f-f3dea8f93548.html

Not much new. I did not know her boyfriend was there that day, but he and her brother left and went in an opposite direction. The article leads me to believe they don't know the friend she went to meet, but I thought the family and LE actually knew who it was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back