Found Deceased NC - Vatsla Watkins, 39, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, 18 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 21, 2019.

1. FlyerFan28

FlyerFan28 Active Member

It's also called Buster Boyd Bridge. Welcome to Charlotte, NC, where everything has two names.

2. abstr

abstr Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I am allowed to post a link but Vatsla has a sewing blog and she posted about having her second child and that 2018 had been a difficult year. There are beautiful photos of clothing that she makes for herself and her daughter.

3. abstr

abstr Well-Known Member

I reviewed the rules again and am pretty certain I can link to the blog. What a beautiful talented lady. Fashion Behind The Seams.

4. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

It’s been years since I was on Lake Wylie, but isn’t it a mud bottom lake?

Choochoobella and PommyMommy like this.
  5. sweetdream2001

sweetdream2001 Member

Hello everyone, thank you for bringing so much attention to Vatsla. She is my very old friend and I am devastated over her being missing. I've only seen her once last year and we haven't really kept in contact. We both have a lot going on in our lives, with our children and just never made the time to meet up. I am not sure why her husband hasn't posted anything on facebook or even contacted any of her friends. I wouldn't suspect him doing something to her. I wonder if she jumped the bridge or was abducted by someone. I have posted all over facebook and had a TON of people constantly sharing. She's a gorgeous woman and if anyone saw her there's no way someone wouldn't recognize her. So please keep sharing and posting all over social media in hopes that if she is alive she is spotted.

6. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

Yes it is :)

7. AnnaGrace

AnnaGrace Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound good. I hope I am wrong. What a beautiful lady.

8. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

MISSING WOMAN: Crews search Lake Wylie after finding missing woman's car in marina parking lot

9. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

Thanks! Remember boating on Wylie and especially T-Bones on the Lake.
    I used to hate the mud squish between my toes - so I wouldn’t wade or walk out if self harm, I need to see what the bridge looks like now.

10. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

This lovely lady has been missing since Monday and I fear the worse. :(
    So wish I didn't feel like this.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2019
  11. cynwhi

cynwhi Member

We're actually heading out on our boat shortly. If we can get close to the bridge, I'll take some pictures. My boyfriend just came across the bridge and said there is lots of activity and they're dragging the water.

I'm sure Pier 49, where her car was found, has cameras - there are a lot of expensive boats parked there. Makes me wonder if they have reviewed them and have reason to believe she's in the lake. :(

ETA - T-Bones closed in December after 24 years! A popular restaurant group bought it and it is being remodeled now and scheduled to re-open in the next couple of months.

12. sweetdream2001

sweetdream2001 Member

I hope that is not the case :(

13. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

14. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

15. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

16. Vail

Vail Justice for Kara & Jessica

17. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

I guess since they are searching the water then theres a very low possibility she was visiting someone who owned a boat there... Hope this poor lady is found safe and she gets help dealing with the post partum depression.

18. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

It doesn't appear that she is Hindu. There's a picture of her and her husband's hand on an open bible. I believe I also read that they tutor(?) kids at their church.
    Unfortunately when you're extremely depressed it takes over all rational thought. Hope is lost, which is so unbelievably sad.

19. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

39-Year-Old Charlotte Woman Still Missing After Her Car Was Found Near Lake Wylie - WCCB Charlotte
    The search continues for a missing Charlotte mom. Crews focused their efforts at a marina on Lake Wylie, but found nothing.

Our cameras were there when Charlotte Fire Department dive team called it a day around 5 pm. It was after hours of desperately searching for Vatsla Watkins. She’s a wife and mother to two young kids. Part of Lake Wylie was the focus of their search, after CMPD ound her silver 2004 Mercedes Benz parked at Pier 49 Marina off York Road around 8:30 am.

[...]

Meanwhile, a family hoping for her return. Her husband is former Mecklenburg County GOP Chair Curtis Watkins and a WCCB News Edge contributor. He tells WCCB that if his wife sees this, he just wants her to come home or let him know she is somewhere safe.

[...]

20. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member