Found Deceased NC - Vatsla Watkins, 39, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, 18 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 21, 2019.

1. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

There’s no proof at all that she was the person that parked her car at the Marina. Does the Marina have Security Cameras?

2. patty24

patty24 Active Member

What beautiful pictures found through this link. A lovely picture of her with her husband and daughter . I hope she comes home safely. Prayers up for this woman and her family.

3. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

No news :(

I'm going to check out local news before I pressure wash my walk and driveway. Hopefully they are back at Lake Wylie searching.

4. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

Nothing updated and news will not be on again until much later. Basketball on. :rolleyes:

This is disturbing no updates because it was reported they would make a decision about resuming search again at LW this morning. Very puzzling. Got to get busy but will keep praying and check back later.

5. worthington96

worthington96 Active Member

Neighbors report hearing/seeing search & rescue helicopters near the bridge starting again this AM. Not sure about water activity.

6. EmmaRose

EmmaRose Well-Known Member

Welcome, worthington. Thank you for the search info.

7. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

TYSM & Welcome to the WS family :)

I'm so glad they were back out this morning.
    I'm going to watch local news at 10PM and hopefully they will have an update.

8. BOSCOE

BOSCOE Well-Known Member

Per FOX46 ( unable to link with Android):

15 second spurt.
    Despite finding missing woman's car yesterday morning they did not return today.

Sounds like they are going in another direction. MOO

9. worthington96

I saw the same thing on WBTV news a few minutes ago; my source must have mistaken the type of helicopters overhead.

*modsnip*/ sleuthing / discussing family

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2019
    Choochoobella, PommyMommy and BOSCOE like this.
  10. oceanstarryeyes

How do you know there was an argument before she left? How do you know what time she left the house and
    what time she was reported missing?

TexLil and MsArk like this.
  11. oceanstarryeyes

Her Career had become very successful and was still growing.

12. oceanstarryeyes

Sorry, I didn’t see the word “ guessing” about the argument.

I think the husband probably called family sometime in the afternoon to say she had left the house that morning and had not returned or just that she was missing that morning. That would probably be when they reported her missing.
    It would be helpful to know who talked to her last in person or in a phone conversation besides her husband.

Choochoobella, natesma and PommyMommy like this.
  13. swedeheart

swedeheart Well-Known Member

it still seems like a huge jump, to call in a missing persons report, just because she didn't come home in the afternoon. (edited out social media speculation). i surely hope they find her today, alive and well.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  14. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

LE responded to their home at 1 p.m. There could be any number of reasons she was reported missing at that time. Ex: She didn't arrive back home when she was supposed to and wasn't answering her phone, she failed to show up for an appointment and someone called the home, etc. Unfortunately, we don't really know. MOO

15. Appleofmygodseye

Appleofmygodseye New Member

I would like to be clear in saying that Vatsla may have been depressed but hardly chose to fatally harm herself. I find this to be unlikely. She loves GOD and her babies far too much for this. Vatsla speaks firmly about her faith and makes every attempt to live a very GODly life. And, even if she had been this desparate, I can’t see her ever doing something like this without leaving some sort of explanation for Jasmine. Her baby is a year old, and she’s been fully engaged in her regular activities with our sewing community and her family. Post partum depression typically resolves within months. And, those who claim extended post partum are hardly as socially engaged as she has been. I would like to see more questions answered as this drags on. This entire story is very fishy. Why would a stay at home mom with 2 children who attend school inexplicably leave her house on a Monday morning before school with no explanation as to where she was going? That doesn’t remotely sound like Vatsla. I think it is a blatant disrespect to who Vatsla is when I see these media and community inferences that she may have been suicidal. That’s hogwash. I’m not buying it.

16. Considering

Considering Well-Known Member

Welcome to WS, Appleofmygodseye! Are you a family member or a friend of Vatsla?

17. worthington96

18. oceanstarryeyes

Is there proof from a Security Camera that shows HER driving her car from the residence that morning?
    Who reported her leaving?

MerBeach, StarryNight and PommyMommy like this.
  19. sewhonest

sewhonest Member

I agree with (appleofmygodseye) I’m from the sewing community & a follower of Vatslas, she is such a light in the sewing community and she’s helped me with sewing questions when needed. This is a Christian family who went to church every Sunday, she loved her kids & would never intentionally leave them. My questions I have is, why did she leave early in the morning? No one has answered this? Or was her belongings left in the car?, are they inspecting the inside of the car? Are they looking at Curtis at all? To me something is not right about the details that have been shared so far! Vatsla just spent out a lot of money to get her sewing studio ready for filming teaching classes online to help other sewist?! This doesn’t sound like someone who was just gonna walk out one day!?

20. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

I strongly suspect that LE has collected and reviewed any camera footage available, but I don't think they've shared that information with the public. I hope someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

I've been going on the assumption that her husband was the last to see her and that he reported her missing, however, the reporting is vague (ie: "the family reported her missing") and that may or may not be the case.

MOO