Found Deceased NC - Vatsla Watkins, 39, Charlotte, Mecklenburg County, 18 Mar 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by cybervampira, Mar 21, 2019.

1. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Welcome to Websleuths, sewhonest! Glad to have you with us. :)

2. sewhonest

sewhonest Member

Maybe at this point, they are gathering details right now and they don’t want to tip ...
    *modsnip* / please have a look into TOS, no discussion of family or others if not officially named POI, thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2019
    PommyMommy and Gardenista like this.
  3. Flurries

Flurries Well-Known Member

4. brooks

brooks Well-Known Member

Untreated, postpartum depression may last for many months or longer according to the Mayo Clinic. Postpartum psychosis may lead to life-threatening thoughts or behaviors and requires immediate treatment.

5. FlamingoLady

FlamingoLady Well-Known Member

*This article says she was reported missing at 1pm THE NEXT DAY. I really believe this is an error in reporting, as I haven't seen that in any other article. So frustrating.
    *This article also speaks to the issue of mental illness/depression. A sewing friend is interviewed and says they both share the same culture which puts a lot of pressure on women to be the perfect mom/wife. She also states they conversed about the fact they both suffered from depression.

6. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

If you go back to the beginning of the thread, 1pm on Monday was widely reported.

7. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

Her career sure was taking off and growing fast to “be so depressed” ? She had hired a new Video Editor, had a new contract designing patterns with a large pattern company along with her regular sewing online business. She had a lot of exciting things happening in her life. That doesn’t sound like someone “depressed for months.”

I’m still waiting to find out who seen her drive away in her car on Monday morning from her house.

Did her daughter see her that morning before school or preschool?

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019
  8. FlamingoLady

Yes, I know. 1pm on Monday was widely reported. That's why I'm wondering why the article I referenced states she was reported missing at 1pm THE NEXT DAY.

ETA: Didn't she supposedly leave early morning on Monday? Then reported missing at 1pm Monday? That's the same day to me, not the next day.

9. Gardenista

Likely a mistake. We see it on WS all the time.

10. cpeacock1

cpeacock1 Well-Known Member

Been searching the marina to check for video cameras. This pic is the best I can do. Could be a light shining up at the signage?? I don’t see anything else close to being video recording equipment. Sigh.

Attached Files:

11. kmartin96

kmartin96 Member since 2008

I agree that it does look like a light aimed at the sign. Boy, I sure wish there were more/new/updated news. She strikes me as just a special person. I'm praying for her.

12. MimosaMornings

MimosaMornings Well- Known Member

After reading several recent posts on here, some say depressed but would not self -harm, post partum depresseion - yes/no, nothing to be depressed about with great things in her life, lost a lot of weight (under 100lbs), health issues?
    Hard to tell what was exactly going on in her life.

13. cpeacock1

14. cpeacock1

It is confusing @MimosaMornings. Here’s what I don’t understand...why no more searches near the marina or bridge?

Somethings up. Just not sure what. IMO

Such a beautiful young woman. Creative. Artistic. Loved by many. So where is she? Trying to stay positive but it’s been almost a week now.

15. Gardenista

16. cybervampira

cybervampira Well-Known Member

17. FlamingoLady

It's interesting that the lady interviewed in the video states Vatsla hasn't posted anything since March 11. By looking at her Instagram account, it seems she posted every couple of days. I wonder what was going on between her last post on the 11th and her disappearance a week later on the 18th?

18. cpeacock1

I found a post on 3/14. It’s on her business Facebook page. So far that’s the most recent I can find.

19. cpeacock1

With the very little info on this case here’s what I am wondering.

Who’s to say she didn’t go missing before Monday? Who actually reported her missing? What was found in the vehicle that was parked at the marina? Where is her cell phone? Just a few questions swirling around in my mind.

20. FlamingoLady

And it's not a photo like she posted regularly. It's a picture of a quote. Hmmmmm
    And I'm trying not to read too much into the quote...