NC NC - Fuquay Varina, WhtFem 35-45, 474UFNC, burned alive, may be Canadian, bifocals, Apr'68

Another fairly plausible scenario: She left him, found another man and moved to Canada with him. Man got job in NC, she followed, abusive ex-husband caught up with her and killed her.

Or she was widowed and responded to an advert of some sort, such as for a housekeeper or a wife, and ran into the wrong sort of man.

it mentions Canada maybe this woman? She wore glasses and is native and seems to fit the stats

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2676dfab.html

Mildred Batoche
Missing since May 26, 1967 from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
Age at Time of Disappearance: 23 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" (163 cm); 135 lbs. (61 kg)
Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes.
Marks, Scars: Scar on left knee; tattoo left shoulder; "H".
Clothing: Occasionally wears black rimmed glasses.
AKA: Millie Wanchisco

Circumstances of Disappearance
Mildred Batoche was last seen at the York Hotel in Edmonton.
MBatoche[1].jpg

I was reading about the Anna Leatherwood and mentions her Children left late that night and never saw their mother again.. .. Makes me think the kids did not liv with them..
then I read her husband in 6 months put the house up for sale.. I am wondering if Anna never left the house and if she is eihe house or buried on the property..I wonder if the cops ever checked the house and property?

I noticed that, too. I thought that it was probably her husband. According to the Charley Project, she had, in the past, left her husband several times and then they would later reconcile.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/leatherwood_anna.html

I didn't realize this at the time that I e-mailed LE about a possible match between Anna Leatherwood and the UID, but [according to her Charley Project page] her husband was abusive and authorities believe that he murdered her. I am still going to follow up to see if there are any updates, because it is still possible that she could have left him and been murdered by someone else in North Carolina.

I have attached the 4-28-1968 Wake County NC Death Certificate for 'the lady in the polka dotted dress'.
It says she was buried in the City Cemetery Annex in Raleigh and that Mitchell Funeral home took care of her.

This is so sad.

Attachments

• 1968 Wake Co NC Death Certificate - girl in polka dot dress.jpg
    1968 Wake Co NC Death Certificate - girl in polka dot dress.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 67
it mentions Canada maybe this woman? She wore glasses and is native and seems to fit the stats

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2676dfab.html

Much too young IMO. The dead woman looks clearly middle aged and her glasses were of a style I really can't see any woman under 40 wearing. The mention of some grey in her hair supports an older age as well - obviously some women do start to get a few grey hairs in their 20s, but it's much more common past the age of 35.

Much too young IMO. The dead woman looks clearly middle aged and her glasses were of a style I really can't see any woman under 40 wearing. The mention of some grey in her hair supports an older age as well - obviously some women do start to get a few grey hairs in their 20s, but it's much more common past the age of 35.
Those were pretty stylish in 1968.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

I agree. Those glasses would have been very popular in the late 1950s through the late 1960s. My first pair of glasses in 1965 were light blue cat eyes. Back then, people didn't buy new frames that often, either. They just had new lenses made. I think the biggest clue to her age, though is that the glasses were bifocals.

If this woman is Canadian then perhaps Jean Cameron Siegel could be this woman? Her age, height, weight, glasses in the picture, and the scar on her abdomen are a match. The MACP site lists that she may have met with foul play but I'm unable to find why they suspect this besides the length of time that's passed and lack of contact.

showImage

Manitoba Chiefs of Police - Missing Persons
Canada's Missing | Case details

Age at Disappearance: 42
Year of Birth: 1920
Race: Caucasian
Height: 5'5" (165.1cm)
Weight: 128lbs (58.06kgs)
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Distinguishing Features: False teeth/dentures. Scar on abdomen. Light/fair complexion.
Clothing Worn at time of disappearance: Unknown
File #: 1983-0694
Agency: RCMP
Additional Information:
Jean SIEGEL went missing from her home on May 31, 1962. SIEGEL had left her home on three previous occasions but always returned on her own. Jean SIEGEL's whereabouts remain unknown.

I've emailed contact from NamUs and Canada's National Centre for Missing Persons and Unidentified Remains regarding Jane Doe and Jean Cameron Siegel.

I understand that DN lists that this UP had teeth but the Canadian site does not have ways to separately exclude dentures vs. missing teeth. I don't think we could rule out that Ms. Siegel may have had a bridge or other dental device in place of her missing teeth versus bona fide dentures.

Jan 21 2021
CRIME HUNTER: Canadian Jane Doe slain in 1968 remains a mystery | Toronto Sun
''The last time anyone saw her alive, the woman in the green and white polka dot dress was walking along a two-lane rural stretch called the Ten-Ten Rd.

Aside from her killer, the next time she was seen she had been burned alive.''

''April 27, 1968 was one of those warm spring days in North Carolina. A fine day for a walk through the countryside in Wake County, south of Raleigh, in the western end of the state.

That was also the beginning of an enduring mystery that remains essentially unsolved to this day. The victim has never been identified but from the beginning, cops believed she had traveled down from Canada to meet a tobacco-picking paramour.

Which could mean she was from southwestern Ontario in the tobacco-growing regions of Tillsonburg, Delhi and Simcoe.''

''Robert Reagan was a local tobacco picker who had done the back-breaking work in Canada as well.

Detectives believed that the unknown woman had traveled from Canada to meet Reagan and then he killed her. At the time of the murder, he was brought in but never charged.

He was violent womanizer and boozehound, cops said.''

''Investigators believe the mystery woman died a day before she was found and was white with possibility some Native heritage. She was about 5-foot-3, weighed around 130 pounds, had black hair, small ears, and a surgical scar below the left side of her naval with an A positive blood type.''

''CONTACT: the Wake County Sheriff’s Office at 1-919-856-6800.''

"Boozehound". Now there's a 1960's term for ya!

This poor, poor woman. What a horrible fate to be burned alive; so evil.
I suspect they had the right guy, and that she was likely coming to him to attempt to collect child support or something similar.

Seeing a picture of her shoes just gave me the shivers.
Why don't they run familial DNA? Seems like the best chance at identifying her, God rest her soul.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back