GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

So where is Andy?!?

Most likely dumped somewhere along the route.

LE will be searching in areas where the digital/electronic info indicates that the vehicle and/or cell phone(s) remained stationary for a period of time.

If there was an accomplice after the fact, that person may be singing like a canary to LE.

JMO.

Last edited:
Quick work by LE - did they have a tip? video? I'm so sorry for his friends and family..
JMO

Did a quick google search of the arrested individual. He’s got a record in Danville. I bet people up there put things together quickly.

There also was likely a second car driven from Danville to Raleigh (and back?) that might’ve provided a big clue.

Why come to Raleigh for such a stupid plan??

MOO

Holding murder charges over his head? Exchange for info or location of body = lower charges???
BBM:

LE's not going to blindly let JM off of murder charges if he's killed AB.

I doubt they'll be making any deals at this early stage.

They may eventually take the DP off the table at some point in exchange for AB's location, but LE's going to do their due diligence and search for him first.

JMO.

The robbery charge might also indicate Andy was taken to an ATM and the perp was on video there.

They are charging larceny of motor vehicle and robbery, so it must be two separate crimes, right?
if that's true it is definitely on video - wonder if they checked his bank records - it really is quick work IMO

ETA: since the family had access to his computer maybe they logged in to his bank and saw a transaction?

if that's true it is definitely on video - wonder if they checked his bank records - it really is quick work IMO

ETA: since the family had access to his computer maybe they logged in to his bank and saw a transaction?

Perhaps but I’d also imagine there is a process in place between banks, LE, and consent for the family to provide immediate access to banking records in situations like this.

*Quick PSA for New Members:

Linking to any SM of friends or family members of either the victim's friends/family members is against Websleuths TOS.

We aren't allowed to screenshot posts from friends/family members' SM accounts, either.

We can only provide links to the SM accounts of the victim and named suspects/POIs.

Live and learn and pass it on.

JMO.

*Quick PSA for New Members:

Linking to any SM of friends or family members of either the victim's friends/family members is against Websleuths TOS.

We can't screenshot posts from friends/family members' SM accounts, either.

We can only provide links to the SM accounts of the victim and named suspects/POIs.

Posts like those will get deleted by the moderators here.

Don't take it personally…them's just the rules.

JMO.
Got it. Sorry! Totally new at this. Just trying to help, but thanks for the info!

BBM:

LE's not going to blindly let JM off of murder charges if he's killed AB.

I doubt they'll be making any deals at this early stage.

They may eventually take the DP off the table at some point in exchange for AB's location, but LE's going to do their due diligence and search for him first.

JMO.
My heart breaks for his family. Their pain must be unimaginable. Only God can help them through this.

These cases have terribly predictable endings, tragically sad, heartbreaking endings.

I hope LE can quickly recover AB's body so his family can lay him to rest and get AB's perps (all of them) in jail and charged with everything coming to them.

I was just on the 287 exit yesterday, and hadn't heard of this case till my true crime bud texted me. I don't watch the news on TV and hadn't looked at anything online.

(@Boodles -- long time no see! Hope you're well.)

Clicking my heels awaiting that second arrest.
WHERE IS ANDY

JMO maybe a take down of organized crime involving more.

I think Andy made a mess of whatever plans were in play. JM did not count on this. Or the quick out cry of Andy missing and a Stat Bolo.

Andy put up a fight I bet you that.
This victim (Andy did not go quite or quick).
My only hope is he is wounded or tied up awaiting rescue.

The odds are decreasing its been over 48 hours. Arrest is great now we need Andy.

JM has a long criminal history (SMH)

Looking at BRL's FB, she is speaking about Andy as if she knows he's dead. (eta: she also makes it sound like JM's charges will be upgraded.) MOO

I don't see hate crime here.
I would think they could tack it on to whatever they ultimately charge him with, but I agree not necessarily a hate crime. The girlfriend used the term "two families lost someone" or something close to that.lost someone, well we know the guy arrested isn't dead, so that was interesting.

Andy's fate was sealed when these criminals set focus on him. Criminals are becoming more brazen and their intentions a darker evil. I think the friends and family did everything right to get Andy back. The quick alert and contact to LE has helped to get the attention needed for resolution. I'm glad LE has made an arrest and hope they arrest the other or more involved. Criminals need to pay for their violence, we have to make this a priority. The family and friends are in may prayers and while it is not likely, I will keep hope that AB is alive.
jmo

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288