Found Deceased NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by rainynights, Sep 13, 2020.

1. cass523

cass523 Well-Known Member

I am so sorry @Jeepguy

Condolences to those who loved and cherished Andy

Sincerely, MissMYB, misgrn and 20 others like this.

2. rainynights

rainynights Well-Known Member

RIP Andy

From the Raleigh PD: UPDATE: Request for Assistance - Missing Person

cass523, misgrn, sassyblue and 11 others like this.
  3. oceanblueeyes

oceanblueeyes Well-Known Member

Another beautiful soul taken when pure evil crossed his path. :(

I'm so heartbroken for everyone who loves Andy. He truly seemed to be a wonderful human being.

May Andy RIP.

May justice be harsh, and swift.

Jmho

4. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

"Public records show Merritt once lived on Dry Fork Road – which is around a mile from Beechnut Road." Body of missing Raleigh man found in Virginia, police say | CBS 17

It was in his comfort zone.

5. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, @Jeepguy, for the senseless loss of your friend, and my heartfelt condolences go out to AB's family and all who loved him. May you at least find some comfort in knowing that he has been found, and may be laid to rest with dignity, and may any and all responsible for his death be held accountable and face the harshest of penalties allowed by law.

I do want to say that LE did a great job in identifying and incarcerating a suspect already, and in a case where a crime scene stretched out some 100 miles, to actually recover a victim's body in this short a time frame is outstanding. As the investigation is surely ongoing, I pray that LE is able to get any and all evidence they can, to bring this case to a succesful prosecution. JMO

6. Raleigh80

Raleigh80 Member

I have been following this so closely and was hoping for a better outcome. I knew Andy. He was a great person and will be missed by so many people. My thoughts go out to his family and friends. What a tragic, senseless crime.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  7. Teche

Teche Well-Known Member

Cell phones will get you every time.

8. Simply Southern

Simply Southern Well-Known Member

City of Danville and Pittsylvania County Law enforcement are top notch!!! Most of PC grew up in the area, know about everyone and most of the nooks and crannies in the county.

Grew up in this area, many friends and family in this community. Really good farming folks.

Glad they were able to triangulate the cell phone data. This is very rural, farming, crops are still in the fields making it hard to see, and lots of heavy, dense wooded areas. Making it difficult to search on foot.

Praying for the family.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  9. sun16

sun16 Well-Known Member

Sounds to me like JM is not especially bright. Caught within 5 days. No attention whatsoever given to digital crumbs he (JM) left. Ugh.

mks762, cass523, misgrn and 13 others like this.
  10. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

Between this and the fact that he tried to hide the RR all but in his backyard, by throwing a tarp over it, I think we can conclude that while evil, JM is not likely going to ever be described as smart. We can all hope that he made enough other stupid blunders, that this case will be a slam dunk for prosecutors if and when it goes to trial. JMO

angelainwi, Alcina, cass523 and 23 others like this.
  11. Tattarattat

Tattarattat Well-Known Member

So broken for you JeepGuy and Raleigh80.

I do hope we get to a place in the world where technology makes these sorts of acts impossible altogether. I am grateful for the intel a cell phone was able to provide today, to give Andy a respectful place to rest.

12. NCBanker

NCBanker Active Member

Just noticed the judge issuing the higher bail is Ned Mangum. He is as fine a fellow as you will encounter.

13. Simply Southern

I am so sorry. Everything I've read spoke of what a wonderful person he was and he will be missed.

I grew up in this community and it breaks my heart to know such evilness could happen in such a loving community. The community feels such terrible sadness.

Sincerely, cass523, misgrn and 15 others like this.
  14. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

The work on this case by everyone involved has been outstanding

15. holsen

holsen Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. He sounds like such a loved and wonderful person. You're right, tragic and senseless.

16. KatzEye

KatzEye Well-Known Member

@Jeepguy and @Raleigh80 and any other friends following along silently - Please accept my humble condolences for the tragic loss of your friend. Prayers for some small semblance of comfort to carry you through the following days and along the path of justice for Andy. Take care of yourselves and lean on each other. Blessings to all.

17. oviedo

oviedo Well-Known Member

we are so sorry for your loss @Raleigh80 - it is senseless. and evil.

I now will take even greater care when buying/selling via the online world. I may just stop altogether. sigh.

JMO

18. Simply Southern

Yes, I should have mentioned Wake County Sheriff Dept and Raleigh Police, both outstanding. I think Wake County was involved with the search on Beechnut.

19. Marg from Oz

Marg from Oz Well-Known Member

Kudos to the L.E. magnificent job. I was afraid he may never be found. His family and friends can now get on with their grieving . Senseless loss of a good life. J.M. chose his path in life now he can enjoy the karma that is coming to him.
    R.I.P. Andy. Condolences to his family and friends,

Denisedyann, cass523, misgrn and 17 others like this.
  20. MysteryRoad

MysteryRoad Member

This is extremely sad, and so preventable. This p-0-s is a 3 time convicted felon.
    He should not have been walking the streets to commit this crime.