NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need ideas or new sleuth angles. I KNOW there is someone out there who has one. Speak my friend, we are wide open to suggestion.

If I were to dispose of a body I wouldn't do it near where I live or work. I know where a mine shaft is in the hills, that's where I'd put the body. No one knows that I've been there on one of my walks. The only thing that would stop me would be it's not accessible by auto, gotta carry the body in.

Most people have those little secret places.

LE should research where she lived as a child & ask her family what her favorite places to visit were. Since she's familiar with the area she'd know where to put a body that no one will think to look.

^ oh yes, its short for Aussie, we tend to shorten everything here down to a single couple of letters if we can.

Glad you're still here, Owl!
Maybe they took the bed frame to see if there was hair/skin/fingerprints on it?
They could have dusted it there at the house - which is what I'm thinking they did and that's why they took it.

I was thinking maybe scratch marks where they might have kept her tied to it? Or 'fluids' that might have run down on it (gross I know). But those frames are very narrow. And the box spring - why that? I saw a Law and Order once where the perp was keeping the girl inside the box spring. We didn't get any video of the box spring coming out - I did see the mattress and the frame. The mattress looked like one I have for my DS when he was growing up - it had a 'space theme' with spaceships and planets and stars and was the same color blue that one was.

If I were to dispose of a body I wouldn't do it near where I live or work. I know where a mine shaft is in the hills, that's where I'd put the body. No one knows that I've been there on one of my walks. The only thing that would stop me would be it's not accessible by auto, gotta carry the body in.

Most people have those little secret places.

LE should research where she lived as a child & ask her family what her favorite places to visit were. Since she's familiar with the area she'd know where to put a body that no one will think to look.

Remind me not to get on Paulette's bad side :floorlaugh:

^ oh yes, its short for Aussie, we tend to shorten everything here down to a single couple of letters if we can.

OOOOh thank you! I was afraid I had said something wrong,lol:innocent:

I was wondering that too! Only thing I thought of was Oz sounds like shorthand for Australia if you just say the first part but IDK... anyway I too have a question. Probably a stupid one but here goes. Is Zahra a common name in Oz? It is so pretty but not one common in the states.

I've heard the name before a few times but not overly common. The Queen has a Granddaughter named 'Zara', so it's definitely not an Aboriginal name that I first thought. Love the name by the way, so pretty.

I was wondering that too! Only thing I thought of was Oz sounds like shorthand for Australia if you just say the first part but IDK... anyway I too have a question. Probably a stupid one but here goes. Is Zahra a common name in Oz? It is so pretty but not one common in the states.

Oh, I see what you mean. Hmm. I guess we say the full Australia or Oz (maybe AUS?). Aust? What do the other Aussies think?

Zahra is a lovely name but the only other time I can recall anyone with it is Princess Anne (UK)'s daughter Zara. I imagine it's a variation on Sara?

ETA: go fellow Aussies!! I'm trying to type on a laptop while I also have a cat on my lap, so I'm not the fastest typer today!

darnudes-I did watch the program you linked to and recommend it for all to watch. It is not only useful for this case but for many others in this forum!
Unmasking the Truth
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/847286/unmasking-the-truth

Cheers matey, I thought people might enjoy watching it. Also in an earlier post I stated that in one place on the video when AB was talking he had a micro-expression of anger/disgust, it wasn't. It was the expression of contempt and it was very quick. I think it was when he was talking about the cancer but I will have to check.

OOOOh thank you! I was afraid I had said something wrong,lol:innocent:

It's pretty hard to offend an Aussie, so I wouldn't worry about that! As far as the name Zahra goes it isn't very common, but agree, it's beautiful.

I know, and she still has her other names too... Her maiden name, and her other marriages, etc.etc.. Someone posted them once, there are MANY... like 10 or more... not kidding either...

noooo -- really? She was married 10 times, or had 10 alias's? I just saw bio dad on the tele for the first time, and while I shouldn't judge a book by it's cover - I will. He looks very creepy to me.

Poor Zahra - where are you?

MOO

Mel

Thanks Pudd - I was in the throws of checking the Medicare website but my Internet connection is soooo slow today (everything is taking so long to load).

I guess people may wonder why I'm interested in the financial side of things, I think it further confirms for me where Zahra was in the pecking order of family needs/priorities. Right now, it's evident she wasn't 'up there' in their list of things to do/things to buy. I'm sure these matters will be raised if there is a court case for crimes committed against her.

Pudd, it seems rather unfair that basic things like hearing aid's or a prosthetic isn't covered, I'm really surprised to be honest. I know a family that have a boy who received Cochlear implants free!

I don't know where the prosthesis and hearing aides were supplied from, here or over there, but if she was here and in the hospital and had nothing but Medicaid for insurance, just about any (if not all) hospitals would note she needed a prosthesis and needed hearing aides and would have had social services department in the hospital find a way to get the child those things.
Supply them and wrap the cost up in the hospital bill if they are not covered by medicaid, hook the girl up with a charity that would provide them, they have many ways to get things like that. The larger hospitals provide them with relatively small hassle, the patient/ family might not even be made aware how the prosthesis and hearing aides were provided. Any place I have ever employed by would not even have allowed her to be discharged without these very necessary tools for living. And the admitting nurse would be the first point of contact and it is their job to pick up on things like that and make the referral to social work immediately. I used to do most of the admissions a couple of places I worked.
My mother was hard of hearing all her life. Its a family trait, her mother and her sister were both hard of hearing. In fact my grandmother was almost stone deaf when she died. She also was almost 100% blind. My mom has always been loud, and just for the last 3 years has finally started with the hearing aides. She paid a fortune for them, (her insurance did) and IIRC they were in the neighborhood of $7k for both of them. I almost dropped over when she told me, I remember telling her I could take a cruise for that amount of money. I was afraid she had gotten ripped off. She had them adjusted MANY times. The battery issue drives me crazy, and I don't even live with her. Always having to buy the batteries, need batteries, forgot to put the hearing aide in so shes out in public practically yelling and people are looking. Got so bad I printed out a little pic of an ear from the computer and put a big fat ? next to the ear pic and taped it to the door going out to the garage at eye level to remind her to put the dang thing IN.
I just love it :innocent: when we are out and she thinks she is saying something quietly to me, usually something completely inappropriate like "why do people like that have children?" and shes talking in normal conversational tone and yes everyone around us just heard what she said. :banghead:

1:45 A.M here, but I'll hang out for a while... Everyone sleeping, and its quiet...sigh...

Plus I check my FB to see if my son in Afghanistan has left something... Haven't heard from him in 3 weeks... :( but he's coming back in January... can't wait...:D

Our elderly neighbours are about to go and stay with their daughter-in-law for six months while their son is deployed in Afghanistan. They are worried as you can imagine. The Australian Army have been very secretive about departure dates, his role over there etc. Apparently that's the norm ... you get a 'call up' with limited details for secrecy reasons.

Don't worry you guys - you're probably too heavy for me to lug up to this place. LOL!

I got that idea from the creep that murdered Gerlie Chew. He sat in the witness box grinning at the jury telling that "you'll never find her". They found the tarp he'd wrapped her in by the side of the road. She was never found and I suspect he threw her down a mine shaft.

I do believe they used luminol on that hosue today. And it was quite telling that the one dog handler that spoke with Natisha Lance wouldn't comment on any hits in the house - I think Natisha said she was told that she would have to ask LE about that. Kinda lame iffen ya ask me - real quick to pipe up that there were no hits outside but you have to ask LE about if there were any hits inside the house.

I ain't leaving yet - I was just saying niters to teh.

Ok here's a question - why would they take the bed frame today? I get the mattress and box spring - but why the metal frame?

I hate to think why but she could have hit her head on it or been tied to it.

I'm a night owl so I'm not going anywhere soon (I'm going to watch Sanctuary but I can do that a follow here too)

What about how hard it is to internet date? My sister is finding out there are more frogs than princes- so how many guys did EB go through before finding AB do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member