NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is far from a humorous subject, but everytime I see the quote "Hey, how you doing?" I *hear* it in Joey Tribiani's voice from Friends.QUOTE]

OK good....I was afraid I was the only one doing that :innocent:

I have made a couple of 911 calls and I have been thinking about those. One was to report a drunk driver on the road and I think I did say hello in that one. But in the other one, when first grandson was 3 weeks old and got choked and could not catch his breath...I didn't, all I said was he's not breathing and said our address and then they started telling me what to do. He was FINE. The Nana, not so much. lol.

I wonder if they found her prosthesis if they are looking for make, model, and serial numbers in AU. :(

I can't and DONT know MY home phone number. We all have cell phones( we are a 8 person home 6 kids 2 adults and all kids besides our handicap child has cell phones along with me and my husband). We got the home number bc we needed it when getting a car loan.

Forgetting your home number is not that big of deal. It's when you start adding up all the hink, you go hmmmmm.... Each little thing by itself, sure you can explain it away. But not all of it tied together.

I wonder if they found her prosthesis if they are looking for make, model, and serial numbers in AU. :(

First thing to cross my mind when I heard that!!:snooty:

I find it interesting that the 911 operator took the call and never transferred her to the Fire Department. Where I work we transfer them to the Fire Department immediately. Of course we get the address and whats on fire but I find it odd. Even NYC 911 transfer the caller to the Fire Department.

Anyway, me, my sister, and my 2 daughters are 911 operators. We never received a call in a emergency situation where the caller says Hi how are you doing, NEVER.

HICKORY, N.C. (AP) - Investigators searching for a missing 10-year-old Hickory girl want medical records from her native Australia, including details on the prosthesis she's had since losing a leg to bone cancer.

Hickory Deputy Chief Maj. Clyde Deal said Tuesday detectives need to know the model, serial number, and composition of the artificial leg from the Australian medical facility that fitted it for Zahra Clare Baker.

Deal wouldn't say if investigators have also sought dental records, which are often used to identify a body.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13350509

In addition to the obvious, this makes me wonder if Zahra never received a replacement prosthesis as she grew. Wouldn't enough time have passed and growth occurred that she would have needed a new one?

Do they make extendable ones so that the length as well as the top part where it joins the leg can be adjusted? If not, I don't see how she could still function with the original one, given that it would be too short and too small in diameter after several years.

Just a little confusing...on the one hand, if she still used the original one, they'd need all the manufacturing info. On the other hand, if she wasn't using the original one (and if they aren't adjustable, how could she have been?), why would they want that detail?

I know this is far from a humorous subject, but everytime I see the quote "Hey, how you doing?" I *hear* it in Joey Tribiani's voice from Friends.

Supposedly when he gets to the 911 call (by early reports, so it will be interesting to see if the transcript supports the reporter) once they transfer him he says something like

there was a fire at my house this morning, and they found a ransom note, the people who left that note took my daughter

If that is actually what the transcript shows I will fall over at how transparent their attempt at building their alibi is.

As far as small truths in their statements on the GMA interview he says he last saw her on Thursday, I wonder if that was the disposal date.

If that is the case, there might be some truth to what he said since EB wrote the note. :waitasec:

First, for g-d sakes, when is this little girl going to get her own forum, lol?

If there wasn't enough HINK in this case with other details and events, this 911 call just adds a little more icing on this disgusting cake. Why on g-d's green earth would you mention your husbands, (or even your own) occupation in a 911 call to report a fire? Your backyard is on fire and the first thing you mention to the operator is what your husband does for a living? WEIIIIIIIRD! Yeah, so the mulch--that is related to your husbands business---is on fire---who cares where the mulch came from---it's on fire!---that's the important part. And--it's not as if she was in such panic or shock that she just spouted randomness. I think she, being un-intelligent, knew she or Adam started the fire, and had trouble hiding that truth, therefore letting nerves get in the way.

There was a small fire in her backyard--that, and her address/phone number is ALL the operator really needs to know, other than if anyone is hurt, or the fire is reaching the house.

TOO MANY DETAILS= lying/trying to remove doubt

And of course the fact that they did not check on Zahra at that time, nor did they report her missing to 911 at that time (because they did not check on her), just seals the GUILTY deal even more.

I understand the whole "innocent until proven guilty" rule. But jeezus, some people REALLY, REALLY make themselves look guilty, lol. Incriminating oneself is Elisa Baker's fortay at this point.

We are so sorry Zahra. You were let down. G-d rest your soul.

Maybe I missed this but I thought his mulch/tree keeping business was in Burke county not at the Hickory address where the fire started. Yes i am a local and if they have only lived there a month or so AND IN THE CITY, I don't think he could have had a mulching tree keeping business in his back yard of his RENTED home. So why did she say that? I may be wrong but I don't think I am. And if he DID have a mulching tree keeping business back there, wouldn't there have been wood chippers back there? I am thinking there were not because they did not mention them - only the ones in Burke county.

The beginning of the 911 call that AB made, his first utterance to the 911 operator was, "Hey, how are you?" Does that not seem hinky if you are calling to report your daughter missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member