NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I've seen is 1 photobucket IMVU snapshot of them. Do you have a link to the slide show? That would be great :) TIA

I'm a bit behind myself tonight :)

Yes thanks to SunsetBeach and Etilema

It's in this thanks to cranky catch. It's a 10 min. slide show, I'll try and locate a timeline on the show. If you like I can capture and post it private but may get handslapped for a forum posting. looking for it too.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=myspacepicselisa001.mp4

ETA: It's at 50 seconds

I hope I am not being too cynical but if AB is being cooperative with LE would it be possible that he could provide information re: the mattress type, color, pattern, condition, reason for disposal?

Do the landfill sites record license plates of vehicles entering the site when people dump rubbish or is the site only for dump trucks?

No, don't think it's been 5 days. I believe they started on Wednesday. However, they said it could take "up to" 5 days, those were actually his words, so this fits right in.

Hi sarx evening, question for you. I know better scent articles can be used but I was curious about if Zahras hearing aids would be reliable? Curious just for future knowledge, thanks.

Peli

Was this pic and info given to LE who is working on Zahra's case ? Thanks :)

Hi, she told me that she contacted LE and they said they'd already searched the area, but will pass along the information.

Maybe they've been reading WS all along and saw it when it was first posted as well.

Hi sarx evening, question for you. I know better scent articles can be used but I was curious about if Zahras hearing aids would be reliable? Curious just for future knowledge, thanks.

Peli

In regards to scent and reading your post I have been asking myself the following.

With the prosthetic limb, does it involve any dressing before placing the prosthetic onto the limb. Would each dressing need to be changed if it became dirty, sweaty etc and then regularly disposed of?

Eyelashes also had me thinking as small as they are but they fall out often too, but that would be a very small needle in the haystack!

Yes thanks to SunsetBeach and Etilema

It's in this thanks to cranky catch. It's a 10 min. slide show, I'll try and locate a timeline on the show. If you like I can capture and post it private but may get handslapped for a forum posting. looking for it too.

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/.../?action=view&current=myspacepicselisa001.mp4

ETA: It's at 50 seconds

TYVM! I think I'll have to bleach my brain after listening to the music that goes with that slide show! YOW! No wait.. I can turn the volume off :banghead:

TYVM! I think I'll have to bleach my brain after listening to the music that goes with that slide show! YOW! No wait.. I can turn the volume off :banghead:

LOL, my volume got turned off. I did watch most of the show though. That was one kooky crew.

In regards to scent and reading your post I have been asking myself the following.

With the prosthetic limb, does it involve any dressing before placing the prosthetic onto the limb. Would each dressing need to be changed if it became dirty, sweaty etc and then regularly disposed of?

Eyelashes also had me thinking as small as they are but they fall out often too, but that would be a very small needle in the haystack!

Honest, I can't tell you about prosthetics. I just would imagine the more comfortable the better. Good thing though, one other thing is LE isn't sure she was at the home last or if she was at all.

This article also says that several mattresses were tested in the course of the landfill search but none were Zahra's.

Landfill search comes up empty in Zahra case
The search focused on a mattress belonging to Zahra that had been disposed of by her parents sometime in early October, days before Zahra was reported missing, police said. Investigators said they hoped to use the mattress to confirm information gathered in interviews and also to reinforce the timeline of her disappearance. They had also hoped the mattress would provide DNA evidence related to the case, police said.
Several mattresses were tested in the course of the landfill search, but none were Zahra's, police said.

Peli

The most important thing is lack of contamination. Hairbrushes, toothbrushes, most anything that is used exclusively by the person can be used. If it is used by someone else or frequently handled by someone else then that person should be there so the dog can eliminate them, and go on and find the "missing member". So, yes, the hearing aids could be used, if someone else helped her get them on and off that person would need to be there when the search started. Hope that helps.

ETA-Just to be clear, we are talking scent articles for trailing dogs here right? I figured this is what you meant as it was future knowledge. A scent article for anything that has been going on in this case would have no purpose.

FOtheskyisfallin'X.........lol. Think I'll wait for somebody else to say it.

Sorry...just providing a link while watching my RANGERS on their way to the World Series! Fear the deer!!

i know with my uncles leg he has this sock that goes over his leg to help with chaffing, but i dont think his is like hers(like the model/type prosthetic)...but i wouldnt see why she wouldnt have one either?

The most important thing is lack of contamination. Hairbrushes, toothbrushes, most anything that is used exclusively by the person can be used. If it is used by someone else or frequently handled by someone else then that person should be there so the dog can eliminate them, and go on and find the "missing member". So, yes, the hearing aids could be used, if someone else helped her get them on and off that person would need to be there when the search started. Hope that helps.

ETA-Just to be clear, we are talking scent articles for trailing dogs here right? I figured this is what you meant as it was future knowledge. A scent article for anything that has been going on in this case would have no purpose.

Thanks sarx and yes trailing dogs. Weird case not knowing if she was in the home since they moved. I had read regarding the mattresses that one would be used for dogs and LE having a permanent scent article. I suppose I'd question that if she never slept on it.

Yes, I got curious about scent and DNA on the hearing aids, thanks sarx much appreciated.

You're welcome.

Quick question, I thought they had confirmed that she had made the move? Am I mistaken?

I'm not sure how they can use a mattress as a scent article if they can't confirm that she was on the bed. They would have to do a DNA test on the mattress, in which case they would have their answer right there and no real need for a scent article. KWIM. I think I just confused myself, lol.

You're welcome.

Quick question, I thought they had confirmed that she had made the move? Am I mistaken?

I'm not sure how they can use a mattress as a scent article if they can't confirm that she was on the bed. They would have to do a DNA test on the mattress, in which case they would have their answer right there and no real need for a scent article. KWIM. I think I just confused myself, lol.

Good question, not sure that has been resolved. You're going to make me do furniture lady math :waitasec:

My son did not have a prosthesis but he has cp and did have braces on both of his legs and had to be refitted every 6 months and he was (is) a extremely slow growing child.

btw this photo of lil Zahra just breaks my heart.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54746494@N07/5076095556/in/photostream/

she looks just like my adopted daughter when we got her 2 years ago. Sad and lost :-(

This is my AD her first bday with us ( just a couple days after we got her)
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/833/img6402r.jpg

This is her two years later!

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3199/img2425e.jpg

but that one picture of Zahra reminds me of my ad when we first got her . it breaks my heart into .

PS please no one take the pic of my dd . I was just sharing as that one reminded me of my daughter.

wow! she does look happier and healthier! thanks for trusting ws enough to share :)

wow! she does look happier and healthier! thanks for trusting ws enough to share :)
MUCH healthier!!! and HAPPY!!! but Idk what it is about Zahra's photos that remind me so much of her. ( we have 3 Adopted daughters and one adopted son) and its the AD I posted a pic of that she reminds me of. I think it's her eyes. In some of her photos they look so lost and empty just like my ad's did :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member