NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just listened to the Levi Page show. One thing his guests hit on was that LE had found evidence of human remains (or decomp) in AB & EB's vehicles. I'm assuming that's why the case was determined to be a homicide so early on. I wasn't clear on that point before.

What disturbed me the most was all the talk about EB cutting a deal for herself now under her lawyer's guidance. I hate the idea that she can bargain any kind of lesser sentence for herself. I feel the same about AB. I know we all want Zahra found. But why should these people be allowed any mercy whatsoever? They showed none towards this sweet, innocent child.

I'm truly sick over this case.

The deal that likely will be cut is to take the death penalty off the table. IMO With the evidence they have and the case they are building I am very hopeful that they will be enjoying a cell for the rest of their lives.

EB was booked on a charge in 2007 and her address was listed as 4910 Burns Rd. It is a mobile home, one of two that are kind of in the middle of nowhere. They interviewed the neighbor in the other one on of the videos that were posted but sorry I don't have the link.

MOO

Have there been any previous cases where the dogs have got it wrong?

Sure, but they aren't going to just take the dogs word for it, there will be testing done to confirm (likely already done and results are known to them).
ETA-They are and have been likely using more than one dog as well. This helps to confirm/corroborate what another K9 has found or cleared. Using multiple dogs gives you a checks and balances kind of system.

Dogs have been invaluable in this case, I have a strong feeling that a lot of the evidence they have located is courtesy of our 4 legged searcher.

The deal that likely will be cut is to take the death penalty off the table. IMO With the evidence they have and the case they are building I am very hopeful that they will be enjoying a cell for the rest of their lives.

I agree with you. I do understand why LE operates this way. This is the first time it's really upset me though. And I do understand many of the arguments for & against the DP.

I just can't stand the idea whoever harmed Zahra will receive any concessions.:furious:

I had all of EB's past address that Agatha gave us the other day on a map which I posted........now the stoopid link will not work!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

kamille do you know, is 4800 block, or whatever it is called in the sticks, Burns road located close to Dudley shoals road? betting it is, okay so that is where I got knollwood mhp, from speculation here about where the mobile home was or was not.

TAKE NOTE NEWBIES. when you flub up, and you will, sooner or later, simply be proactive and fix the problem, admit your error and no big.

It is acceptable to make msitakes.

It is inflexible to not be willing to own them.

So, what if AB didn't do the actually killing, but knew of it and helped EB cover it up? What would be the charge?

I think it would depend on so many factors, first and foremost among them what did AB know/do/not do, and when did he know/do/not do. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm assuming EB killed Zahra (realizing that hasn't in any way been proven as of yet, of course):

IMO, if EB killed Zahra with no participation or knowledge on AB's part, but he helped her cover it up, he may be looking at accessory after the crime, obstruction of justice and a host of child endangerment/neglect charges.

If AB was present when Zahra died or knew, for example, she was being starved or poisoned over a period of time, I think it's possible he could be charged at the highest level even if he didn't participate (sort of like a pair of bank robbers...they both get charged for murder even if only one of them fires a deadly shot at the bank teller).

If AB had nothing at all to do with Zahra's death and no knowledge of her disappearance :innocent:, I think child endangerment/neglect charges are the best that could be charged.

For all those scenarios, there will be subsets of questions to be answered as well. Was the cause of death a slow, progressive one such as medical neglect, starvation, poisoning over a period of time; was it a violent act (if so, was it premeditated or a sudden event)? Was her death an accident that was covered up? There are too many variables to even take a stab at what charges will apply.

It is all going to come down to what kind of evidence they have to prove cause/manner of death, intent (premeditated?), and how much of the evidence can be tied to either or both of EB or AB.

All JMO, not an attorney.

Have there been any previous cases where the dogs have got it wrong?

If so, probably human contribution got it more wrong, dogs are an indicator, it's up to humans to interpret what the dogs may find. IMO

I had all of EB's past address that Agatha gave us the other day on a map which I posted........now the stoopid link will not work!!!!!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhh

LOL, I feel your pain. I have never seen soooo many links and pages disappear before. I have started screenshotting EVERYTHING so I know I have it. It's a pain, but at least it keeps me somewhat sane!

These are EB's past addresses, let me find Agatha's link now.

: 3330 Cedar Valley Rd. Granite Falls, NC>
161 Shoal RD. Lincolnton NC.
2680 Wildlife Rd. Vale, NC
21 21st Ave NW, Hickory, NC 28601
4910 Burns Rd. Granite Falls NC.
2490 Helton Rd. Granite Falls NC.
4010 Phillip Lane Hudson NC
Hilltop Rd. Lincolnton NC.
114 Camelot Drive, Granite Falls, NC.
303 Dixon Dairy Rd. Kings Mountain NC.
832 First ST. Kings Mountain NC.
233 32ND ST PL SW Hickory NC
3330 Ester Lane Hudson NC.

Originally Posted by agathawannabe
Okay, here we go. Profile your hearts out.

EB Criminal Charges & Convictions 1992-2010

There may be a few charges out there I didn't find (dang! all those aliases).. but this should be most of them.

Part 1
http://www.wikiupload.com/G5LMklkF

Part 2
http://www.wikiupload.com/EHEzcJ6V

kamille do you know, is 4800 block, or whatever it is called in the sticks, Burns road located close to Dudley shoals road? betting it is, okay so that is where I got knollwood mhp, from speculation here about where the mobile home was or was not.

TAKE NOTE NEWBIES. when you flub up, and you will, sooner or later, simply be proactive and fix the problem, admit your error and no big.

It is acceptable to make msitakes.

It is inflexible to not be willing to own them.

If you look at the google map you will see a marking for 4920 Burns Rd just west of the Ebenezer Methodist Church. It's the mobile home next to it to the west. The woman who was interviewed also said that they did not bring EB right there to the home.

MOO

Me too Sarx, but I'd love to see the death penalty on the table, or else we could see a perpetrator of Z's murder walk in a dozen years or so, you know, for *humanitarian* reasons, medical stuff, old age, a *mercy-release*, even (ironically) cancer. Mr. Hinkley and Arthur Bremer are walking the streets at this very moment! Neither a murderer, sure, but one shot a sitting Prez, and the other paralyzed someone for life. Both of them out, likely sipping champagne and laughing about their exploits.
I'm praying that any and all perps in this case get the chair, chamber, needle, or the squad. (No I don't mean the Mod Squad, tho watching reruns of that show can induce suicidal thoughts).
Hasta la sayonara for now my friend.
-Mad

Thank you very much Mandy!

bolded respectfully by me. :)

In which state I wonder was that woman executed? And has NC had any cases similar if she wasn't from NC?

Each state does vary in sentencing IMHO.

kwmred: I'm not sure. We'd have to look at penal code. Neither one has been charged as of yet so it would be a fruitless search IMHO because we don't know the charges and can't look up those statutes. JMHO.

Teresa Lewis was executed in Virginia.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/09/23/AR2010092306866.html

I also wanted to thank everyone for all of the hard work you've put into this case. I've been reading since the beginning and am ever so impressed with my fellow websleuthers. I hope Zahra is home soon.

I am still feeling like the premise that SM tried to 'frame' AB is the right one.

I can't think of ANY other reason for the randsom note stating " "Mr. Coffey, you like being in control who is in control now.....", other than her trying to make it sound like it came from a disgruntled employee.
I think that she also planted the passports, toothbrushes etc...in the car.

Perhaps, lighting the fires (but not setting fire on the Tahoe) was meant to attract attention to the ransom note? Perhaps she was hoping that Zahra would be discovered missing and she hoped that the police would immediately zero in on AB and arrest him?

She was clearly unhappy with the 'arrangement' and had the new 'London Man' on her horizon.

A Sociopath is only motivated by how s/he can keep moving onward and upward.
Once they have 'exhausted' the benefits offered, they will do whatever it takes to 'move forward'.

Thoughts?

I think it would depend on so many factors, first and foremost among them what did AB know/do/not do, and when did he know/do/not do. For the purposes of this discussion, I'm assuming EB killed Zahra (realizing that hasn't in any way been proven as of yet, of course):

IMO, if EB killed Zahra with no participation or knowledge on AB's part, but he helped her cover it up, he may be looking at accessory after the crime, obstruction of justice and a host of child endangerment/neglect charges.

If AB was present when Zahra died or knew, for example, she was being starved or poisoned over a period of time, I think it's possible he could be charged at the highest level even if he didn't participate (sort of like a pair of bank robbers...they both get charged for murder even if only one of them fires a deadly shot at the bank teller).

If AB had nothing at all to do with Zahra's death and no knowledge of her disappearance :innocent:, I think child endangerment/neglect charges are the best that could be charged.

For all those scenarios, there will be subsets of questions to be answered as well. Was the cause of death a slow, progressive one such as medical neglect, starvation, poisoning over a period of time; was it a violent act (if so, was it premeditated or a sudden event)? Was her death an accident that was covered up? There are too many variables to even take a stab at what charges will apply.

It is all going to come down to what kind of evidence they have to prove cause/manner of death, intent (premeditated?), and how much of the evidence can be tied to either or both of EB or AB.

All JMO, not an attorney.

Thanks. I was bringing this up b/c another poster said they wanted to discuss the legalities and not the moral issues.

Trying to keep myself awake tonight while awaiting the birth of my 5th grandson :dance:

smootch to kaimlle and hugs to teh

I also WISH we knew where Nannie was! I'd love to send her a kind message!!!! <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam