NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is definitely the kitchen window.

If you ever talk to one of them again, could you please tell them that hundreds of people are following and cheering them on! We all have much respect for them...Tell them That Please!

So, re waterbeds...it would be quite difficult to hide something IN the mattress.

No you can't hide something in the mattress but under the pedestal or between the mattress and frame is not only possible it has been done before, by a kid.

(i too thought dressed up like a douche as well as perspire as we sit by the fire... if anyone needs a little laugh while we follow the horror these are hilarious and there are so many.. http://www.kissthisguy.com/138songsof-Guns-N--Roses.htm)

Back from the HIckory house and my coworker was so kind to come with me. Met PunkNLuv and Hubby there with the little one. :)

I did not go around to the front of the house because it seemed most of the action that could be seen was in the backyard. FBI is on the scene now and are helping dig or sift through the mulch piles. The backhoe or bulldozer (?) would pick up a scoop and place it for the workers to rake through. They parked the backhoe right in the view of them raking so we could only see bits and snips.

I did stand beside the PD crime scene guy and spoke with him a bit. He was very nice and cooperative but of course couldn't give any information. I did ask him general questions such as was a dog out there. He said yes but they already left. Since I was at one point considering training my beloved St Bernard for cadaver search, I asked him about the dogs and where did the dog and handler come from, if they were from this area because I do know they have a K9 unit on the PD.

He told me this county does not have a cadaver dog and they have to rely on other counties or someone else to provide them. The K9 units on our local PD are for drugs and protection. I thought that was interesting and I asked him if they really had a need for these sort of dogs. He told me that they probably do but you don't really want to have much of a need for them (searching for bodies).

I asked him how they were holding up and they were doing a fantastic job. He did say they were working extremely long hours and they are all very close to the case now and "emotionally attached". He said no one has complained once about the long work days at all.

As we were speaking, the workers stopped raking, he got his camera out of the truck to go to the pile to take photos and also got a small clear plastic bag. He took photos, came back to the truck, placed the small clear bag into the brown manila envelopes you saw in the other photos last night. He sealed it with tape, wrote in a log book (?), labeled the envelope and placed it into a plastic USPS tote.

My big camera died as he was doing this but luckily I keep a small handheld camera in my car so the other photos are not as good when taken with this camera. I then had to get back to work but not before running by my house and hubby running my battery charger out to me as I flew into the drive. Now camera is charging and I am back at work giving you guys updates. ;)

Photos are still uploading. Link to come when they are finished.

Thanks a million!!

This is consistent with what we have seen this last 24 hours and is extremely disconcerting.

To state the obvious, they seem to be scratching around for fragments and then photo'ing them in place before capturing them for forensic analysis. Are they animal or human?

Sigh.

They have a dog back out at the house. They took him under the house and then brought him back out. He is now sitting beside the hole in the back that they have focused on most of the day.

I have about 70 pictures I took earlier. Working on uploading them now. My husband is back up there right now. He took some pictures of the dogs and I will upload them when he comes back home.

Sherlock Homey also was there taking pictures with her mac daddy camera. Her battery died but she will get a charged battery and go back later.

I will link the new pictures in my signature when they are ready!!

Darn, I wanted to see the dog in action. I wondered where they went when we were there? Then they brought him back out? :( Did the dog hit on something or was he at a down?

I asked him how they (LE) were holding up and they were doing a fantastic job. He did say they were working extremely long hours and they are all very close to the case now and "emotionally attached". He said no one has complained once about the long work days at all.

They seem far more emotionally involved than the strangely detached AB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member