NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

Discussion in 'Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads' started by imamaze, Oct 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darlin gal

darlin gal New Member

The tip was given to investigators. I am sure they know. They just are not sharing. :)

2. Patty G

Patty G Retired WS Staff

For all we know, they just may have sought out the vehicle already; as it is very easy to do via Department of Motor Vehicle records.

3. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

Her case on the minor charges now continued til Dec. She remains in jail.
    less than a minute ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc

4. rbrnmw2

rbrnmw2 New Member

******MOO*******

You would think if there had been a Monte Carlo missing Police would have put out a BOLO for it

5. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge Armchair Detective

I'd bet my boots LE has checked it out....

6. badhorsie

badhorsie Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...

I am so obsessed with this case that I am sitting in a public library writing before I have my hair cut, please let Zahra be found today...
    See you all later x

7. sarx

sarx Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR

Maybe the Monte Carlo belonged to a boyfriend?

8. LOV3BNM3

LOV3BNM3 New Member

Not necessarily. LE has done a wonderful job in keeping this case hush-hush - which to me say this case is very complicated and has many components and in my opinion when all the information comes out, is going to be very explosive and is going to leave most people shocked, stunned and amazed.

Julindy likes this.
  9. Moonlit

Moonlit New Member

So am I, I have to set my notebook on the counter by the stove every evening when I am cooking dinner!!

10. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

My thoughts are that the vehicle wasn't registered. How would police go about finding an unregistered vehicle (other than physically look for it). More to the point...how can they say, "Where the heck is your Monte Carlo, EB?", when they have no way to prove she ever owned one? See my point?

11. peg4x4

peg4x4 New Member

It was on a search warrent -- There was quite a discussion as to the last number of the license plate..

12. Sneechwatcher

Sneechwatcher New Member

Just a thought - based on my personal experience with my now ex and his whacko behavior due to drug use -- he is currently a homeless meth addict and towards the end of "us" there were many WEIRD events fueled by his drug use ......at the time I was not certain of which drugs he was using but anyway....

Could Z have overheard a conversation or phone call or seen something on the computer or somehow gained knowledge of her biomom's search for her and then voiced her opinion --- because kids are brutally honest and I'd specualte that she'd have been thrilled to hear that her mum was looking for her -- and could that have sent one or both of the adults in the house - EB & AB - into a rage -- resulting in them hurting/killing her ?
    Could someone have thrown the prosthetic leg out in those woods while she was still alive to hamper her trying to run away ?
    Could she have told AB & EB that she wanted to go live with her mom ?
    Breaks my heart to think of that.

Julindy likes this.
  13. Mountain_Kat

Mountain_Kat Heca, firimar!

It was?

I thought just the other 2 cars were on the search warrant. (My brain is liquifying now.)

14. NCMOM

NCMOM Verified Insider

AY has the two dogs. Just confirmed 15 minutes ago. They are supposedly, safe. But, I wouldn't trust any of <them> with my animals.

15. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

"This investigation has taken several turns since Zahra was reported missing," said Chief Tom Adkins of the Hickory Police Department. "Information uncovered during the investigation brought us back here. We'll follow it until the lead is exhausted."

He was not specific about what investigators were searching for.

"We're looking for any evidence that may be associated with this case," Adkins said. "We're going to take whatever time we need to complete the search."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/10/29/1796143/more-evidence-taken-from-home.html#ixzz13lYfhgjQ

16. PunKnLuV

PunKnLuV Quirky ★ Opinionated ★ Unique

IIRC the discussion was on the last number of a 2005 Impala listed on the original warrant. It was assumed this vehicle belonged to the landlord but I don't remember ever seeing that verified.

The 70s Monte Carlo was a comment made by a 'friend' of the family IIRC. This has never been discussed by LE to my knowledge.

17. sunsetbeach

sunsetbeach Well-Known Member

Any locals here catch the WSOC noon news? Wondering if you can confirm that the "Christie Rd search area has expanded and they have brought in the dogs again to the area. "

Cranky did you tape that?
    Please say you did. :)

18. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

you just heard that on the news beach?

19. LOV3BNM3

LOV3BNM3 New Member

But the CNN guy that Sherlock spoke with last evening did - could just be speculation or perhaps there is something to it. Could be if they can't find any part of Z other than a leg that can be detached from her body, she could be wherever this car is ... and that could be any place. There is a place in WNC - Eastern TN where many cars are dumped that have been involved in crimes - it is a large area of swamp like water that seems to just swallow up the cars.

20. Wondergirl

Wondergirl Well-Known Member

Since you have brought up the Monte Carlo, it was mentioned last night that a CNN person had speculated to one of our WS sleuthers at the Baker house, that he thought they would find Zahra IN the Monte Carlo, in a Lake.

Does anyone know if LE is actually searching any lakes?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.