NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let this be her. The swifter she is found, the swifter justice can be. I really have to commend LE in this area, they really have been on this one...bless them all.

I've been laid up recently (hysterectomy = owwwwww!) and have to say that now that I've been able to sit up and spend some more time reading the posts here that there's really been a wonderful job done by both mods and posters. Good work everybody!

RADBERKY:

BBM:

Police have found what appears to be a humAn bone near where prosthetic leg was found.

about 30 min ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

The bone will now be sent to the medical examiner's office in Chapel Hill for further testing. After those tests are completed and it's determined that the bone is connected to the Zahra Baker case, it will go to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests, according to the Hickory Police Department.

Deal said investigators are not necessarily finished with the area.

"We are going back until we're satisfied we've recovered everything," he said.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/

Strange wording. Seems if they have found a bone that they even suspect could be Zahra's they would be swarming on the place to find more.

Oh that IS interesting. Starting to think EB is right. Zahra isn't missing anymore.

ella, Rad Berky (WCNC) said in an earlier tweet that a police statement was coming in about an hour (which would be about 5pm). No idea whether it will be a presser, though.

Ok, I'm in Az and my time right now is about 2pm. Is NC 2 or 3 hrs ahead of me?

I'd bet there was an anthropologist around.

An anthropologist could tell pretty quickly if it's human bone or animal. I doubt if they have one of those handy, though.
But... with just a month or so passed... there could be tissue still on the bone, which would be immediately identifiable as human to a practiced eye.

RBBM . . . . . or there could be a piece of aged, rotting clothing attached.

kathleen reichs is a forensic anthropolgist that is a professor at uncc and works for sbi in north carolina.

Please note that in fast-moving threads like all of Zahra's have been, we moderate on the fly.

We remove or edit posts very, very quickly.

In a "normal" thread we try our best to notify posters about problems with posts. That is nearly IMPOSSIBLE in Zahra's threads.

If having your post edited or removed because of a problem the moderators see in it is going to cause you to go into a tailspin, meltdown or tantrum, then you might want to reconsider posting and just read.

Let's all put on our big girl panties and deal with it, ok?

Please click the thanks button once you've read this.

Thanks,

Hoppy
mod

Hoppy...what happens if it is a male poster? Do they have to wear 'big girl panties' too? LOL!

OK! Don't swat me...I'll be good now...Promise! :angel:

An anthropologist could tell pretty quickly if it's human bone or animal. I doubt if they have one of those handy, though.
But... with just a month or so passed... there could be tissue still on the bone, which would be immediately identifiable as human to a practiced eye.

That is not exactly so, IMO - they could give an opinion pretty quickly, but depending on what piece it is, it is hard to be 100% sure without the lab. (And they might not want to release that info without being certain.) I have seen foranths mistake bones before - it can be quite difficult with some bits.

I read on one of the older threads (and Rad's twitter) that LE will have a statement today.
Does that still hold true?

EDIT - NVM apparently 6pm cst. Damn. I'll be out to dinner.

Hoppy...what happens if it is a male poster? Do they have to wear 'big girl panties' too? LOL!

Yes, they do. It's in the WS TOS. Go ahead and check if you don't believe me. You are also required to send us pics. :croc:

Hoppy

I read on one of the older threads (and Rad's twitter) that LE will have a statement today.
Does that still hold true?

Deal was quoted several times in the Hickory record. I think the "statement" took place already. JMO

Needed that giggle to release the tension. Thanks.

:D

I'm watching jail info and police booking info.

I'm wondering if an additional arrest is made how long before the jail and police booking info will be posted. Does anyone know?

I would like to assume that an arrest would be made before the news presser...wouldn't that be logical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire