ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just heartbreaking, I feel so sorry for her poor family. This goes to show you there is no cure for these sex offenders.

Listening to the Press Conference now, they seem to have not ruled out that she may still be alive...

They are holding the press conference on CNN.

Edited: Sorry Storm we posted at the same time. :)

It seems that they are not releasing any information. The State's Attorney did say that they had probable cause to believe that he was in the parking lot the day of the abduction. All in all, they are being very tight-lipped.

They are asking for volunteers 18 years of age or older to search tomorrow.

It sounds like they must have video surveillance or a witness that places him at the mall. They seem to be VERY sure this is the perp.

I'm really very impressed with the LE being so quiet about this. They are really looking out for Dru and her family. That is refreshing to see.

This just came to me...
Do you think that the reason they are being so tight lipped is maybe someone else was involved? Maybe someone else is holding her and that is why they are being so quiet...to not tip off the other perp?

Edited to say: I'm hoping and praying she is alive and this would be a possible way she could be.

Originally posted by Casshew
Did they discuss the "fluid" in the car?

No - they will not say ANYTHING concerning the evidence they have. I think they are making sure this is an air-tight case against this scum.

Her father and brother are speaking now, urging everyone to keep searching their property for any evidence. The family seem to be holding up pretty well.

Originally posted by Kira
It sounds like they must have video surveillance or a witness that places him at the mall. They seem to be VERY sure this is the perp.

I'm really very impressed with the LE being so quiet about this. They are really looking out for Dru and her family. That is refreshing to see.

This just came to me...
Do you think that the reason they are being so tight lipped is maybe someone else was involved? Maybe someone else is holding her and that is why they are being so quiet...to not tip off the other perp?

Edited to say: I'm hoping and praying she is alive and this would be a possible way she could be.

They just held a press conference and the surveillance tape places him where she was abducted. He is not cooperating with police.

I am so, so sad about this case. I'm also furious. The worst feeling personally is the hopelessness against these type of people (Rodriguez). I'm a parent, I can't feel this way but it seems like we have no chance against them. One person can cause such heartache that reaches millions. Oh how I pray for a miracle, please let good triumph over evil.

I sure hope Dru is alive somewhere. I just hope she is found soon for the sake of the family. That poor family.

I hope this man is put away for life this time.

Yakwoman, please keep us informed. I have tried to access her website all morning and can not get on. Thanks.

We need to do more than put this man away for life. Any person who has used a weapon like he has in previous crimes should never be permitted parole. Change the laws! Keep the #3's behind bars for life!

the longer the perp has with the victim... the more time she doesn't have to survive.
they pick their victims.
please take self defense courses.

Rodriguez was sentenced to more than 20 years in prison for the assault because of his history of two previous sexual assault convictions, Swanson said.

"The judge determined that he was a very dangerous man," Swanson said.

Rodriguez also used a knife in an earlier sexual assault, Swanson said.

"I think he used a knife in all of them," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I wonder how the State of Minn. feels now about their Parole Board.
I watched the News Conference.
What I saw ...was that the LE is holding out hope to find her alive.
Wish they would torture that creep til he tells all! Why does that miserable thing need any rights when he tryed to destroy many people with his perversions.

Hopefully he will be put in with some people in jail who will help him get over his perversions. I wonder why they didn't do this when he was in before.

People like this man should never see the light of day. How does someone get like this?

Tamjo said..."If it were my daughter, I would be doing everything the police asked me to and nothing they asked me not to...."

As God forbid a mother or parent of a MISSING child..her missing is more important than the actual Perp in terms of priority. Getting info out to the PUBLIC is crucial to having someone come forward on her where abouts! THIS to me is crucial and IMHO is still being minimized in the name of the "investigation"!

This young girl is still missing....regardless if the perp is behind bars. So not saying squat because the police told me too doesn't do much for her right now does it? So I stand by when this FIRST happened getting everything out..circumstances and all to the public to FIND HER...worry about the investigation on the perp later.

I think we can all attest to the first 24hrs. as being most crucial to a MISSING person's case??? The father IMHO didn't say squat in the interview.... who cares about the investigation if someone who is unfamiliar with the circumsatances hears/sees the interview and something sparks their memory and/or BECAUSE of that interview sees/hears something...to me telling all I know to the public is more important.

Bailey, its simply not right to come down on her father. We need to put the blame where it belongs, on the perp. This Father is missing his heart and soul, how can anyone expect him to talk, to even put together a coherent sentence. My sympathy and hope go out to him. Her boyfriend too. There is no right way to handle a situation such as this, but they did nothing wrong at the start and are doing nothing wrong now. Little 'ole me, thousands of miles away and having never met Dru, knows everything that is out there about her, they did a lot RIGHT.

Could the "body fluid" possibly be blood since he has used a knife before? I would think though that LE would then have thought the worse (perhaps not) but wouldn't they have said something if it was blood.

(**Yes I know I am talking to myself and in circles**)

My idea of prison reform:
I am all for putting these people in one place with no key...........alligators/sharks spiders/snakes etc around them.
Food....... I don't think we should feed them we should dump our trash there and let them pick through it.......
Beds.........there's a big comfy pile of trash over there----->
Clothing........they don't need it allows easy access for them to become the prey and also I think it may make them feel a bit more vulnerable.
Medical Care..............Live with it........get over it...........lots of people not in prison go without medical care.
Water........I am for giving them water............(Where is a very rainy spot to put them in?)

I think that is what prison should be like..............TV working out, a library...............that makes me sick.........they should put orphans in those types of conditions

(This comment meaning some children live worse off than the prisoners do and they are both supported by the government)

PS< I'm not trying to be critical to this LE just that the investigation is less important than info that can help find this girl... most police in general have been incompetent to me in terms of missing people and they still don't get it.

Leanna was botched from the get go for LACK of info out to the public. IMHO, Elizabeth Smart could have been handled differently if the Public was made aware of more info from the get go...and those poor young girls (ie. Ashely POnd, etc.) ...died unnecessarily due to the police keeping tight lips, and no info getting out on the circumstances from the first girl.. who by her own lips complained of the evil *advertiser censored* that ended up taking her life and ultimately her friends...not to mention another 19yr. old getting raped. If we all are left with "questions"...than how does that help with a missing person! The police can only do so much....THE SHEAR QUANTITY OF THE WORLD is far more efficient finding a person than a few police folk who regulate the publics info?

Don't know about all of you but I hate it when I'm told..."this person was cleared, that person was cleared"...IN TERMS OF WHAT???? Why? Never said. We just have to "believe".

That doesn't cut it when the victim is never found.

JON BONET is a perfect example. Too many suspects "cleared" and we are to just accept it when the truth is NOONE KNOWS. But how can the public help when we no nothing as to who the suspects were and conditions of them being cleared? h ello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aishavn