GUILTY ND - Dru Sjodin, 22, Grand Forks, 22 Nov 2003 - #2

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Yakwoman, Dec 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yakwoman

Yakwoman 25 cents a look!

The other thread was getting too long, so I thought I'd start a new one.

Yakwoman

2. Loading...

3. Hammerized

Hammerized New Member

I saw Rodriguez on TV tonight for the first time (court appearance replay). His hands were hidden well; under the table, under the coat. I was looking to see if he had cuts, scratches, etc... on them. He has none that I could see on his face or neck.

Anybody have a link to an image that shows his hands better than hidden beneath the parka he wore?

4. Hammerized

Hammerized New Member

Anybody notice the smears and swirls in the frozen condensation of his car's rear passenger window?

It looks just like mine when my son wipes his hands all over the inside of the window, and then later when it's humid in there- the smears show up. When it's cold, they turn to frost drawings. Just like the window glass in this picture.

I wonder if he did take her in his car, injured, with the rear child-locks engaged so she couldn't open the door. It's only the glass on that rear window, the others look normal. And so I am assuming this smear wasn't from the police looking for evidence.

I increased the contrast from the picture on the finddru website (sorry I can't attach it) and it's even more obvious.

5. tamjo614

tamjo614 Former Member

I cannot tell from the picture if that is on the inside or outside. If on the outside, it's probably the frost thawing on his car. I noticed the sun must be hitting that side of the car. The sun's reflection is on the car. Plus the photographers shadow indicates the sun was behind him when he took that picture.

When I first looked at the picture, it made my stomach flop. Just the thought of what may have happened in that car. Hammer, I'm sure that new of a car has child locks.

Grrrrr

6. mindys

mindys Former Member

Hammerized, really great thoughts. Would you look at Dru's car pics too. I'd really like to hear your point of view on it.

7. mindys

mindys Former Member

You're not kidding, that is way frightening!! There is more of them than many of us probably thought there would be.

8. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

The best thing everyone can do is be very aware of their surroundings and to trust their instincts. I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been very "creeped out" since this happened to Dru. To think she was taken in such a public place and while on her cellphone. The perp must have been very charged up to act so boldly.

9. Searching for Audrey

Searching for Audrey Inactive

No matter the outcome, say a prayer for Dru, thank God & those around you that you are not in their place, & most of all...cherish those you love. It takes a lifetime to create memories of...& only a second to shatter them all.

God Bless all of our loved ones lost...May God hold them safe in His arms until He gently guides them home again-AMEN

10. MissMisty

MissMisty Guest

Hammerized--
    Wow, great observation. I am going to go back and check. I'm up in the middle of the night and can't help but think of Dru. Here I am in my warm house...if she's alive, I wonder if she is warm...I'm not convinced yet that she's dead. God bless you, Dru!!
    Misty

11. MissMisty

MissMisty Guest

Hammerized--
    OK, I enhanced the photo too and definitely see what you are talking about. Only thing is, there's really no way to tell if it was done from the inside, indicating that Dru may have been in there (which I think she was anyway) or if someone from outside did it.

Mindys, I believe you were wondering how he could have gotten her into his car. I am wondering the same thing. Seems that SOMEONE would have seen SOMETHING. I can't imagine she didn't struggle and wouldn't someone have noticed that? Unless maybe he used chlorophyl or something on her to knock her out?
    Misty

12. MissMisty

MissMisty Guest

Thing is, if the bodily fluid found in her car is hers, then she was obviously in her car at one point and how did he get her from her car to his? :dontknow:
    Misty

13. sunny

sunny New Member

Good Morning all. I wondering if their is someone else involved like he wasn't working alone and someone helped him get her in the car. And maybe this person is holding her still. I don't agree with law enforcement not making a deal of some kind so he will tell them where she is. He knows he going back to prison but maybe a lesser a minumum security prison but solitary confinement ,he would be dead if they put him in with general population. Just a thought.

14. Love_Mama

Love_Mama Rest In Peace

Misty.....seem's like he could have used Chlorophyl. Wouldn't it immediately knock someone out....at least somewhat? Would it leave a lingering smell?
    Anyone know this......:dontknow:

xxxxoo
    mama

15. Yakwoman

Yakwoman 25 cents a look!

I saw his victim from 23 years ago on TV last night. She said that he approached her with a knife and said "Get in the car or I'll kill you." He probably did the same thing with Dru.

16. johnny

johnny New Member

I worry that our justice system with its pro's and con's could be actually exacerbating these Sexual offenders! You take a guy wIho is a power freak, sexual deviate whatever ...............and deprive him for twenty three years! now he's mad at the system and an out of control sexually deprived maniac who's had twenty three years of planning and calculating freak who's trying to make up for lost time, plus his only friends and associates are just like him...........................

I refuse to get out of line for the soap box

17. DuckFeet

DuckFeet New Member

Chlorophyl- n. the green coloring matter in plants, in the absence of light it makes carbohydrates, such as starch and sugar, from carbon dioxide and water , a process called photosynthesis.

Chloroform- n. a colorless liquid with a sharp, sweetish smell and taste.Chloroform evaporates quickly and easily. When its vapor is inhaled , it makes a person unconscious or unable to feel pain.

There is a definite distictinction between these two terms. They are not related in function at all.

18. johnny

johnny New Member

19. DuckFeet

DuckFeet New Member

I'm confused. That link just leads to a previous post on this forum. I expected something from Associated Press. Or perhaps I just don't see the connection?

20. Juliana

Juliana New Member

21. IdahoMom

IdahoMom Former Member

With all due respect, this is not a crime about sex. It has been proven that castration does not take care of the problem with these sickos. It's a deep-seated anger and rage and sick thought process IN THE BRAIN. Besides, there are lots of ways for this man to "relieve himself" sexually than to abduct and harm an innocent young woman.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.