ND ND - Reachelle Smith, 3, Minot, 16 May 2006

Bobbisangel, that's a great theory. I hadn't thought of that. It could even be that Cowan knew that Reachelle wasn't being cared for properly, and loved her enough to send her off to someone that would be what she deserved. Maybe it was that parting with her that made him decide to kill himself after the fact. I really, really, really wish that this would be true. I do imagine that LE has contacted the biological father by now though. I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping against hope that she is out there alive somewhere.

In Ohio, I gave over the CO plates to LE in ND, and had a friend of mine run the OH plates I saw with the man who looked very similar to the one I had seen. It didn't come back to the make/model that he was driving, but I did drive by the house on a few occasions and did not see the other vehicle. So I chalked that up to a look alike. I gave LE my number in case they had any other questions. I know I would recognize him again with sunglasses on, he had this wierd thing with his mouth. I also gave him the date that I saw them. I remember asking friends if they knew of anyone going overseas or anything because of the air force tags, I figured maybe he was visiting family, but thats a LONG way away from CO to OH. Even my brother who lives in NC usually flies in. I thought it was rare without sounding prejudice to see a man driving that far with a female child. I got so many goosebumps when people wrote back on here and said there WAS a military tie, and a CO tie to her. If I remember correctly the guy I spoke with acted wierd because I asked him to confirm those ties before I told him anything. He didn't really seem that interested in what I had to say until I told him that it wasn't something I saw on the news, it was something I noticed that seemed offbeat so I snagged the liscense plate. I'll have to wait til I get home to snag them again to give them to that person on here. Im curious to know as well now. Whether or not the address is CO or OH...and if the make/model matches what he was driving. It would have very well been stolen off of the air force base in Minot...and I do see your theory...What if the bio father came and told the man that HE was the father, regardless of what he wanted, he would never be the father, what if having this girl as a child was his only reason for living and thats why he killed himself, then again what if the father had a friend on the base, and had them take care of him until he could get up here and get his daughter....

If the dad came to pick up his daughter he very well could have driven. He would have to had known that he was taking her without anyone's permission. Flying would be faster but it would be hard to take a little girl back home with you when you were taking her without permission. If LE checked the airlines they would have been identified right away.

If the same car wasn't at the house that could be because the dad had left by then and it was his car. The guy who killed himself mother lived on the base. Maybe he arranged for a friend of his mother's to keep the little girl until the dad could pick her up. The mother was gone by the time LE realized the little girl was missing so LE would have contacted the mother and talked to her but I doubt that they would have asked her about her friends on the base. She could have honestly told LE that he didn't bring the little girl to her home that night. It could have been the husband of the friend that had the little girl with him...that you saw. He might not have even known the little girl was missing. Just thought they were keeping her for a little while till her daddy could get there and pick her up as a favor to a friend.

I can't wait until you find out who the Colorado owner of the car is. We need to know the little girl's dad's name or the owner of the car won't mean anything. I wonder if the little girl was born in the town she was taken from?
If so there may be a birth announcement in the paper from three years ago.
Libraries usually keep copies of all of their papers and I'll bet they would have the paper for that year and month. Maybe it would give the father's name but then again maybe not if the mom and dad weren't together then. You never know though. A lot of times the paper lists the mom and dad even if they aren't married. I wonder what this little gal's birth date is. It should be on a missing poster somewhere. I'll look.

Wouldn't it be something if this theory was true. I just don't want this little cutie to be dead somewhere.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if the little girl was born in the town she was taken from?
If so there may be a birth announcement in the paper from three years ago.
Libraries usually keep copies of all of their papers and I'll bet they would have the paper for that year and month. Maybe it would give the father's name but then again maybe not if the mom and dad weren't together then. You never know though. A lot of times the paper lists the mom and dad even if they aren't married.
In my area, I've never seen a birth announcement except when the family has deliberately posted it in the paper. I could be wrong but I find it doubtful that this family did so. I wonder if her dad's name is even on the birth certificate. Finding out his name might be quite a tough task.

I agree it sounds like for whatever reason he gave up all parental rights, im trying to find the piece of paper I wrote it down on...the plates that is.

Maybe we'll get lucky, and someone reading or lurking here will know the father's name and can pm it to you.

JerseyGirl said:
It could even be that Cowan knew that Reachelle wasn't being cared for properly, and loved her enough to send her off to someone that would be what she deserved.
If he was concerned about the care of Reachelle he could have left her with his mother rather than just pretending that he did.

Eoanthropus Dawsoni said:
If he was concerned about the care of Reachelle he could have left her with his mother rather than just pretending that he did.

We don't know anything about the mother. She may be in the service. He didn't leave her there though and so we are trying to figure out where he might have left her other then killing her. I hope she is with her father if he is any kind of a decent man. His mom was moving and she may not have wanted to raise a little child. OR...she could have taken her with her and LE just hasn't caught on yet. They probably just sent someone over to her new home....asked her a few questions and that was that.

Eoanthropus Dawsoni said:
But his mother is not the biological father of Reachelle. She has no entitlement to that child. I don't know anything about the father or how much Cowan knew of him or whether or not the man ever expressed a desire to see Reachelle, etc. But if Cowan knew something that I don't - perhaps that the father had been asking to see Reachelle and if Cowan also thought that the "parenting" was lacking for this child that he loved, then perhaps he could have arranged to send the child off to be with a better caregiver. And if he did that, I wouldn't find it strange that he pretended that she was somewhere other than where she really was. If he arranged this whole thing, would he really tell them where she was? It would defeat the purpose.

In any case, I have to admit that in my mind, this scenario is a real long shot. But it's the only shred of hope that I have for this beautiful, little girl.

Found on another site:

"Reachelle's Biological father lives in Colorado. He has never had much contact with the child and his name does not appear on her birth certificate. He has been contacted by Colorado law enforcement, the FBI and Minot PD. "

Dex said:
Found on another site:

"Reachelle's Biological father lives in Colorado. He has never had much contact with the child and his name does not appear on her birth certificate. He has been contacted by Colorado law enforcement, the FBI and Minot PD. "

Did that site by any chance give his name? If by chance he has her I'm sure that he would keep her out of sight for awhile as he would know that LE would be checking him out. I know this theory is a long shot but I just don't want this little girl to be dead. Not that what I want makes any difference.

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

REACHELLE SMITH
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Sep 10, 2002 Sex: Female
Missing Date: May 16, 2006 Race: White
Age Now: 3 Height: 3'4" (102 cm)
Missing City: MINOT Weight: 40 lbs (18 kg)
Missing State : ND Hair Color: Lt. Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Brown

Case Number: NCMC1044761
Circumstances: Both photos shown are of the child. She was last seen at her home on the evening of May 16, 2006. She is missing under suspicious circumstances.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Dex....did you look at the pictures of Reachelle that someone gave a link to over on the CTV message board? I think one picture is from some missing children's group. I was surprised when I looked at those pictures because to me the pictures that have been shown on TV don't even look like the same little girl. I wondered if you had seen the pics and still think she looks like the little girl that you saw.

JerseyGirl said:
Are you able to repost that link, Bobbisangel?

I don't know how to do links but this is the one that it is...

americasmissingchildrennews.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back