Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #1 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dogs are searching dumpsters and roll-off boxes according to the video and pics.

I would think those dumpsters were already emptied before now, but even so, there would still be scents present, if Savanna, or any material, was disposed of that way.

Wanna bet they show up on video from Wal Mart?

I had no idea there was such a thing as "placenta-sniffing" dogs, wow!

Me neither. I learned something new today:

But the most common training aid is placenta, donated by new moms.

"I'm in the habit of congratulating family members and in the second sentence saying, 'So, what are you doing with your placenta?" said Cooper, who has a few placentas in her freezer at home.

She said a handler will train a dog with the same odour source for approximately six months so the dog learns the subtle changes that take place during decomposition.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/cadaver-dogs-science-training-1.3654993

And while I'm here... I did a little research last night on "fetal abduction" - horrible that there's actually a name for it - and what I learned isn't very comforting. While the number of incidents vary a bit, depending on the source, the good news is that it isn't all that common though it appears to be on a slow rise.

The bad news is that the abductors seem to view the pregnant victim as a "vessel" containing the unborn baby they want and so they don't really care how they remove the baby - I'll leave the rest unsaid as I'm sure you get the picture. :( So I'm not holding out any hope that Savanna is alive. IMO the best news is that the baby survived!

That said, I have wondered if there is more to this case than stealing a baby. As others have pointed out, both suspects have lost custody of their numerous kids so why would they want a baby? Could there be an additional reason for targeting Savanna? Jealousy? Some imagined slight?

I'm confident LE will locate Savanna and bring her home to her family. Maybe then we'll learn more about the reasons for this despicable crime. My thoughts are with her family and her boyfriend.

I saw! Have you watched the ridiculous tv doc they did on the case. I was ready to jump into the tv to smack the smirk off Lee Ps face. I was immediately drawn to SLGs case because her smile reminded me of Laci. Both gorgeous in their late pregnancies. Do you think these two lunabuscuits (love that!) had help? Moving a subdued pregnant woman in an apartment building had to draw attention.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes I saw it and it made me furious too! I will never believe he was not responsible.

I like Elainera's theory that maybe Savanna never made it to the apartment. It is starting to feel like they really had planned in advance for some things (where to take Savanna), but not others. I mean did they really think no one was going to suspect them? I guess they didn't count on Savanna texting her mother and letting her know where she was going.

I believe they probably got her out of the building and to the parking lot with some kind of ruse, even before she had climbed the stairs up. Maybe BC said she needed to get her bag with sewing stuff from the car or something. I think they forced her or incapacitated her somehow somewhere between her own apartment and the parking lot, and WH (or both of them) drove her to a second location. BC then returned to the apartment as we know because she answered the door when Savanna's father knocked at ~ 2.30 pm. I don't think anything happened in that apartment or that Savanna was even in there.

And while I'm here... I did a little research last night on "fetal abduction" - horrible that there's actually a name for it - and what I learned isn't very comforting. While the number of incidents vary a bit, depending on the source, the good news is that it isn't all that common though it appears to be on a slow rise.

The bad news is that the abductors seem to view the pregnant victim as a "vessel" containing the unborn baby they want and so they don't really care how they remove the baby - I'll leave the rest unsaid as I'm sure you get the picture. :( So I'm not holding out any hope that Savanna is alive. IMO the best news is that the baby survived!

That said, I have wondered if there is more to this case than stealing a baby. As others have pointed out, both suspects have lost custody of their numerous kids so why would they want a baby? Could there be an additional reason for targeting Savanna? Jealousy? Some imagined slight?

I'm confident LE will locate Savanna and bring her home to her family. Maybe then we'll learn more about the reasons for this despicable crime. My thoughts are with her family and her boyfriend.

Speculation, maybe BC had a crush on Savanna's boyfriend, so she wanted her out of the way and keep his baby.

Walmart seems to appear in so many haunting situations. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fargo Police Department added 4 photos and a video.

2 mins ·

Today, our detectives have teamed up with MN Canine Search Rescue &a Tracking handler Paul Mathewson and his partner K9 McKenzie, and K9 Search & Rescue handlers Kay Hoernemann, Erin Fredricks and Sandro Adams and K9 Bubba Bleu Moonshine to search areas of interest. These K9s are specially trained in locating placentas. So far, the searches have not yielded any results. They are still out searching for Savanna. #FindSavanna

[url]https://www.facebook.com/fargopolicedepartment/videos/pcb.10155592012988334/10155592011713334/?type=3&theater

[/URL]

bbm
That made me smile :)

How sad that there is even a need for such a specialized SAR team. But I hope all of that training pays off and they are able to locate evidence!
I was thinking the same thing!

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk

Walmart seems to appear in so many haunting situations. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right! I try to avoid Walmart at all costs and maybe that's why I have an aversion to it!

It feels like they wanted to sell the child, although if that were the case, I would think they would have sold the child immediately. Thankfully they located the child and it's healthy before any of that happened!

At the same time this theory doesn't completely fit as into appears as though they were preparing coworkers when they miraculously ended up with a child despite her not being pregnant.

It's near impossible to get into the head of such insane people. I'm really curious as to how in the world they would or will defend this. Insanity seems like a realistic plea. I don't believe North Dakota has the death penalty, but if any portion of the crime occurs in Minnesota (no death penalty either) does that make it a federal case and bring the death penalty back on the table?

I imagine these two will face swift prison justice if/when convicted of this atrocity of a crime. Someone stated that the North Dakota prison system is well represented by the tribe that Savanna's family is from.

Unless these two have rented some sort of storage facility or cabin, I also feel like there's another person or persons involved in this. This could be somewhat good news in the possibility of Savanna being alive and being taken care of somewhere.

I doubt it but I'm holding out hope that she's still alive somewhere! Prayers to her family :(

I believe they probably got her out of the building and to the parking lot with some kind of ruse, even before she had climbed the stairs up. Maybe BC said she needed to get her bag with sewing stuff from the car or something. I think they forced her or incapacitated her somehow somewhere between her own apartment and the parking lot, and WH (or both of them) drove her to a second location. BC then returned to the apartment as we know because she answered the door when Savanna's father knocked at ~ 2.30 pm. I don't think anything happened in that apartment or that Savanna was even in there.

I'm having a hard time trying to put this together. I think it's possible Savanna was intercepted before she ever made it to the apartment - in fact, I'm having a hard time even believing she agreed to do the "dress modeling" - wasn't there a post on her FB about neighbors stealing her clothes from the laundry room?

OTOH, what about the noises the downstairs neighbors heard around 1:30 that afternoon? It's hard to ignore that, especially now that we know WH had once before used the bathroom shower to control a woman.

http://www.ntd.tv/2017/08/25/pregnant-woman-missing-baby-found-in-apartment-where-she-was-last-seen/
https://www.facebook.com/fargopolicedepartment/videos/10155588723608334/

It is my understanding from info I received from neighbors yesterday that the two worked together at a Subway in Fargo. Co-workers reported BC telling people she was going to have a baby even though she obviously did not look pregnant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

well, that would certainly confirm my theory on a motive ..... but WHY would she want another by after giving so many away? if to sell for the money, then she wouldn't have told co-workers, IMO.

I am beginning to lean more toward Savanna never being in that apartment or there would be some kind of evidence find, at least by the search dogs. So if the crime was not committed there, where could the murder scene be?

I hope for the family's sake that the truth comes out. It will be devastating and cruel to them, but I think it I was in their position I would want to know.

[I taped it, but have not watched that last program about Scott Peterson. I may never watch it. There were already too many lies for me to give him any more of my time.]

Someone stated that the North Dakota prison system is well represented by the tribe that Savanna's family is from.
This is accurate. Native Americas are the highest % minority population in the ND penal system.
Its pretty unique as they are allowed to build sweat lodges and have other amenities to stay connected to their beliefs/tribe.
Prison justice is not routine in ND however. It is pretty much nonexistent.

threadclosed.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members