Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has it been mentioned in the news how long ago Savanna moved to her current apartment? And how long ago the suspects moved into the building?

I think the suspects moved in about a year and a half ago.

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure baby girl is being loved on tremendously by whomever is caring for her. Just makes me sad knowing it would probably provide great comfort to the family being able to hold her. Smell her. Have a part of savanna in their arms. Just makes me sad.
Whole situation is sad.
Mommy should be with baby still. Nesting and preparing for her birth.
I hates these monsters. How many live are now destroyed. Jmo. Imo and all that jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This situation is soul-crushing. As painful as it is for me reading what's going on, I cannot imagine what the family is going thru. It must be pure hell. May God comfort this family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong. I'm sure baby girl is being loved on tremendously by whomever is caring for her. Just makes me sad knowing it would probably provide great comfort to the family being able to hold her. Smell her. Have a part of savanna in their arms. Just makes me sad.
Whole situation is sad.
Mommy should be with baby still. Nesting and preparing for her birth.
I hates these monsters. How many live are now destroyed. Jmo. Imo and all that jazz.

It is sad that this happened but the best interest of the baby outweighs the feelings of the adults, IMO. We don't know if she is getting necessary medical treatment, we don't even know for 100% certainty who the baby is, and won't until the DNA results come back. I would not want to see the baby until I was beyond certain that it was my family member's because I can come up with a few scenarios where it wouldn't be Savanna's. I would not be willing to sacrifice my already broken heart meeting a baby and then finding out it wasn't ours and ours was actually dead. I would need to know for sure.

Have you all seen this?
Fargo police have brought in special placenta-sniffing dogs from Minneapolis to aid in the search for clues in the disappearance of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and discovery of a newborn baby believe to belong to her.
http://www.bemidjipioneer.com/news/...e-department-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

Never heard of "placenta-sniffing dogs"

I'm bringing forward a post of mine from the last thread regarding my research on "placenta-sniffing" dogs:

***I learned something new today:

But the most common training aid is placenta, donated by new moms.

"I'm in the habit of congratulating family members and in the second sentence saying, 'So, what are you doing with your placenta?" said Cooper, who has a few placentas in her freezer at home.

She said a handler will train a dog with the same odour source for approximately six months so the dog learns the subtle changes that take place during decomposition.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/ca...ning-1.3654993

And while I'm here... I did a little research last night on "fetal abduction" - horrible that there's actually a name for it - and what I learned isn't very comforting. While the number of incidents vary a bit, depending on the source, the good news is that it isn't all that common though it appears to be on a slow rise.

The bad news is that the abductors seem to view the pregnant victim as a "vessel" containing the unborn baby they want and so they don't really care how they remove the baby - I'll leave the rest unsaid as I'm sure you get the picture. So I'm not holding out any hope that Savanna is alive. IMO the best news is that the baby survived!

That said, I have wondered if there is more to this case than stealing a baby. As others have pointed out, both suspects have lost custody of their numerous kids so why would they want a baby? Could there be an additional reason for targeting Savanna? Jealousy? Some imagined slight?

I'm confident LE will locate Savanna and bring her home to her family. Maybe then we'll learn more about the reasons for this despicable crime. My thoughts are with her family and her boyfriend.***

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...orhead-19-August-2017&p=13588416#post13588416

I think the suspects moved in about a year and a half ago.

Thank you! Do we know how long ago Savanna moved in? Just had a thought, we know the suspects have admitted that the baby is Savanna's; was wondering if maybe they are claiming it may also be the male suspect's?

So has there been any mention of cameras outside the apartment ?

Sorry for posting so much in a row but here's a heads up to anyone thinking about helping the family financially:

The family spokeswoman says a woman claiming to want to help with fundraising has been harassing them and calling Savanna’s boyfriend nonstop. Because of this, and other incidents, the family is currently communicating with the public and media through their spokeswoman to allow them privacy and distance.
The family says for those wishing to donate, an official fund is in the process of being set up and is expected to be ready for donations by Monday. No current funds on sites like ******** [] are run by the family.
http://www.valleynewslive.com/conte...g-to-see-infant-found-Thursday-441794613.html

Right now there are two campaigns up that, according to the above article have not been sanctioned by the family, so beware.

ETA: One has already been shut down.

It stinks they are not releasing the baby BUT it is for the safety. LE had no choice by putting the baby into protective custody because its a routine decision in cases like this. Social services will never tell the general public about reunification plans through the media. I wouldnt worry too much because they know family is not involved. JMO

As long as LE and social services are unsure whether or not the baby is going into a risky situation, it's good to keep the baby protected and away from that apartment building. We don't know if there were other people involved who might still be wanting the baby. But, I feel really sad for the father and grandparents. This is beyond heart-breaking.

So has there been any mention of cameras outside the apartment ?

Detectives also went to several locations to gather video from private surveillance cameras in businesses that may tell us where suspects may have been during the critical hours surrounding Savanna Greywind's disappearance. They are methodically going through hours of video in an attempt to find answers.
https://www.facebook.com/fargopolicedepartment/posts/10155591582608334

Here is the photo to go with the previous posts re: the placenta sniffing dogs:

attachment.php

Fargo Police Department detectives on Saturday, Aug. 26, teamed up with MN Canine Search Rescue & Tracking handler Paul Matheson and his partner K9 McKenzie, and K9 Search & Rescue handlers Kay Hoernemann, Erin Fredricks and Sandie Adams and K9 Bubba Bleu Moonshine to search areas of interest. (Photo courtesy of the Fargo Police Department Facebook page.)

"Fargo police have brought in special placenta-sniffing dogs from Minneapolis to aid in the search for clues in the disappearance of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind and discovery of a newborn baby believe to belong to her.

The specially-trained K-9 team began searching on Friday and continued on Saturday. Fargo police Chief David Todd would not reveal where they have been searching."

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/ne...e-department-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-case

Attachments

• 0bplup85pwxrte9hvw9pmvphz2c.jpg
    0bplup85pwxrte9hvw9pmvphz2c.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 610
I wonder where they put her. I don't understand. They seem like the dumbest people on earth since they brought the baby back to their apartment, so I thought LE would find her much much sooner. They hid her quite well, apparently, which honestly makes no sense to me. Why hide her? Given how obvious they were bring the baby home, they may as well have left Savanna on their front porch because we all know they got the baby out of her somehow. Why bother hiding Savanna if they were going to bring the baby home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23