Found Deceased ND - Sonia Heinle, 63, was visiting son, Buchanan, Stutsman County, 8 Dec 2019

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Sonia-Heinle.jpg

The Stutsman County Sheriff's Office is searching for a Buchanan woman who has been missing since Sunday night, according to Chad Kaiser, Stutsman County sheriff.

Sonia Heinle, 63, did not return to her home after visiting her son's home about two miles away Sunday evening.

Kaiser said the search has been going on much of Monday afternoon.

"Land, water and air," he said. "No clues, but there is a lot of water out here."

Anyone with information can contact the Stutsman County Sheriff's Department through the Stutsman County Communications Center at 252-1000.

Search ongoing for missing Buchanan woman | Jamestown Sun

Officials believe she was driving a tan 2003 Buick Lesabre with North Dakota plates 183AVF.

Search Underway for Missing Buchanan Woman

The population of Buchanan is only 114 people according to Wikipedia. The weather is about 4F right now:eek:.

Only two miles away, very tiny town, and LE concerned about the bodies of water. Weather deadly cold.

Added: Satellite view shows 79th Ave and 25th Streets crossing ponds, also some smaller ponds near the access roads along Hwy 52. The water areas are out of town but looks like within 2 miles. IMO

Last edited:
Her son must be worried sick :( I found an obituary from earlier this year and it may be for her husband. I hope she isn't depressed if it her husband passed away. The holidays can really be difficult. FWIW here is a link to the obituary for the man and it does say his wife's name is "Sonia".

Obituary for Robert Heinle at Williams Funeral Home, Edgeley

How sad. I hope she’s okay. That water bothers me. Two miles and she disappeared. I fear she missed her turn or something and ended up in the water. I really hope I’m wrong. JMO

Authorities have found the vehicle of a missing Stutsman County woman.

Stutsman County Sheriff Chad Kaiser confirmed that dive crews are currently working to pull a car out from a slough.

Vehicle of missing Stutsman County woman found

The vehicle submerged in water belongs to Sonia Heinle, 63, who was driving it Sunday night before she went missing.

Sheriff Kaiser said the vehicle was located Tuesday morning near Heinle’s home and it appears Sunday’s weather played a factor in the vehicle ending up in the slough.

The recent cold snap has made the search efforts difficult, according to the sheriff. Search crews are working to determine if a body is inside.

Car Of Missing Buchanan Woman Found

Missing woman’s vehicle found but not recovered

While her car was found submerged in a slough, icy conditions prevented divers from being able to hook up to the car and bring it to the surface, as cold temperatures affected the diving equipment.

LE added that when darkness set in, the recovery of the car was suspended until daylight, Wednesday.

LE says, until the car is recovered it won’t be known if her body is still in the car.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back