NE NE - Ann Marie Riekenberg Kelley, 36, Beatrice, 15 April 2008

Not forgotten
OFFICIALS CONTINUE TO SEARCH FOR EVIDENCE, REMAINS

967090fa-483a-11df-9ab5-001cc4c03286.image.jpg

Kelley, a Filley woman, was reported missing on April 15, 2008.

She’s one of ours,” said Gage County Attorney Randall Ritnour. “And when one of ours goes missing, we’re going to try and find her. We believe this case can be solved. We owe it to her and her family, and we don’t want to walk away from it.

http://www.beatricedailysun.com/news/local/article_4250e866-483b-11df-952c-001cc4c03286.html

Election results from yesterday put a new County Attorney in office. I hope that every tiny detail of this case is made very clear to the new CA. Or better yet, that current CA, Ritnour, gets case solved before the change.

A Poker Run is planned in Beatrice -- info follows and is on the facebook site --- http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=106258179396877

Poker Run for Ann Riekenberg-Kelley's family

Where:Starting and Ending at the Office BarWhen:Saturday, August 21 at 12:00 pm until
Sunday, August 22 at 12:30 am
On August 21, 2010 We will b holding a Poker Run for Ann's Family. 100% of the proceeds with go to a trust fund for her children. We ask that everyone come and enjoy this day with us. It doesnt matter if your ride a motorcycle, drive, or how ever u wish to do it. EVERYONE is welcome!!! It will start at the Office B...ar and go through out Southeast Nebraska. Escape will be playing that night also.

FIND Ann Riekenberg Everyone is welcome no matter if u ride, drive, or how ever u want to go. Escape will play that night at 9pm to 12:30 at the Office Bar. All proceeds goes to Ann's Children.

It's been over 2 1/2 years! I can't believe that there hasn't been something new regarding Ann!
I continue to pray for some news - good news - that Ann has been found alive somewhere!

I haven't heard a single word about this case lately. Ann Marie needs to be found -- her kids need their mother!

http://www.gage-ne-sheriff.us/ann_marie_kelley

MISSING PERSON

Ann Marie Riekenberg / Kelley
Investigative Case #: 2008-1891
Click on an image for a larger version
Missing April 15, 2008 from Filley, NE
Born:08-21-1971Gender:FemaleHeight:5' 4"Weight:125-130 lbsEyes:BlueHair:Auburn/Red/BrownRace:WhiteIdentifying Marks:3" Scar Right calf
The last publicly confirmed sighting of Ann was at approximately 8:25 am on Tuesday, April 15, 2008 in the Beatrice, Nebraska Area.
Ann is believed to be driving her Dark Gray Wood Panel 1991 Plymouth Voyager Mini-Van, Nebraska License 3-A8045
Anyone having information regarding Ann Marie Kelley should contact the Gage County Sheriff's Office at 402-223-5222 Ext. 207 or Beatrice Crime Stoppers at 402-228-4343.
Media questions should be addressed to the Public Information Officer at the Gage County Attorney's Office at 402-223-1344.

I so wish that there would be some new development on Ann's case.

From the Facebook messages I've received . . . .

"The children are staying with relatives."

"According to the Gage County Sheriff, it is an ongoing case, it is posted on their page, and a warrant is out for her arrest- which seems odd, but the reason is so if her name comes up ANYWHERE it would alert the authorities that she is a missing person."

"Her husband is in jail serving time on an unrelated sentence. He was sentenced to 15 years, which of course, gets cut in half to 7.5 years, plus the possibility of time served IF he gets good time. (Somethings just are NOT right...). He should serve the full 15, and maybe by that time he will be in there for life."

As I recall, her husband was arrested on some sort of drug charges. He has been a suspect all along in her disappearance. Maybe during this jail sentence he'll slip and brag to other inmates about what he did to her and where she is.

I continue to keep Ann Marie's family and friends in my prayers and hope that some day very soon they will have answers and have Ann back.

Ann Marie Kelley: Missing person case became homicide investigation

http://journalstar.com/ann-marie-kelley-missing-person-case-became-homicide-investigation/article_e94dac33-4ed0-5c62-bea0-60a3b2952ed9.html

The case remains an active homicide investigation, Gage County Attorney Roger Harris said, and the sheriff’s office as well as the State Patrol are still looking into leads and combing over old evidence.

“We’ll treat it as a homicide until they show it differently," Harris said.

Missing persons cases -- like homicides -- are treated carefully by law enforcement, although cases involving adults can often be tricky, particularly when time has passed, he said.

“We’re going to stay on top of it and continue to search for an answer,” the county attorney said. “Sometimes it comes from the dangdest places, but it’s difficult for the family when you start wanting to have closure.”

Deputies arrested William Kelley, charging him with child abuse, drug possession, providing false information on a handgun application and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

A little more than a year after his wife disappeared, William Kelley was sentenced to 16 years in the Tecumseh State Correctional Institution by Judge Daniel E. Bryan Jr.

He is scheduled for a parole hearing later this month, court records show.

There is an active warrant for Ann Marie’s arrest tied to the drugs found in the home, although officers say it’s in hopes that if she does cross law enforcement’s path, she’ll become a blip on the radar once more.

If her remains are ever found, the DNA will be compared to samples taken from her children.

Rickers said she hopes someone who knows something about her sister’s disappearance will come forward, although she believes the one who knows most about it sits in a Nebraska prison.

Ritnour, the former prosecutor, said what he thinks happened to Ann Marie and what he can prove “are two different things.”

“I think she was killed and we just don’t know where the body is,” he said.

“Just in Gage County alone, there’s a lot of woolly country out there, and there’s a lot of open space,” he added. “If something has happened to Ann Marie Kelley, unless somebody just happened to cross it, that might be the only way you find her out there.”

From Facebook - August 27, 2018
Joe Arena Jr.
1 hr
Ok beatrice ,its time we try harder on this case. I would like to ask everyone that wants to help to meet up at chat park in the tabernacle Sunday, after church maybe around 2 pm. We need to talk to each other about what we all know that might help in solving this cold case that has been
eating us all for years. I would like to Organize a few things that WILL bring this case back to life in the public eye with news coverage and news paper coverage.
I can not do this alone ,I need all of your help , to help Ann. we must not let this go and we must work together to get this solved.
A lot of us went to school with Ann and each other, we must not give up on one of our own and try anything that might work. So please do we have any volunteers that would show up this Sunday?

I grew up in Beatrice and went to school with 2 of her children. I was only 8 years old when Ann disappeared, the entire case is just a puzzle waiting to be put together with the right evidence. Someone has to know something. LE switched from missing persons to homicide which is a big step, meaning they have probably come across some sort of evidence to assume foul play. WK had so much time that afternoon to hide the body, he could've drove to any surrounding county and dumped her and the car into a sand pit, ravine, or body of water that no one would even think to search because it's not by Filley. The fact that she and her car have never been found tells me she is probably still in it somewhere. He may have even been able to drive to a remote lake in Washington County, KS and hide the van there. Many fishermen in the area know of the lake and it wouldn't surprise me if he did too.
I am friends with one of the children on FB and from what I can tell, the kids have gone through so much trauma, but as they are getting older, they are wanting to have the truth. It breaks my heart that it has been almost 13 years since she was last seen and little to no progress has been made on her case. I hate to say it but it just doesn't seem like too many people around here care anymore.
Ann deserves justice and her family deserves closure. More people need to care about this case. I'd love to keep this thread alive, we need to keep talking about this. Thank you to everyone who has posted here, you are amazing people who give me hope for this world.

Husband of missing woman charged with sexual assault

New charges have been filed in a decade-old case against a rural Filley man.
ebdc838dfcc0220b370079bc0fc60f08.jpg

William T. Kelley, 47, was arrested on a warrant for charges of first-degree sexual assault of a child, a class 2 felony, and third-degree sexual assault of a child, a class 3A felony.

[...]

Husband of missing woman charged with sexual assault
Prison given in sexual assault case
Sep 21, 2020 Updated Oct 29, 2020

William T. Kelley, 49, was sentenced to five years on two charges in Gage County District Court, with the sentences running consecutive, for a total of 10 years. In June 2009, Kelley was sentenced to more than 16 years in prison for two counts of child abuse, two counts of being a felon in possession of a firearm and one count of providing false information on a firearm application. The assaults he was sentenced for on Monday occurred in late 2007 and early 2008 and were investigated by law enforcement a decade ago.

Updated 12/8/2021 4115DFNE - Ann Marie Kelley

4115DFNE_LARGE.jpg
IMAGE_ALT
4115DFNE2.jpg

Name: Ann Marie Kelley
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: April 15, 2008
Location Last Seen: Filley, Gage County, Nebraska

Physical Description​

Date of Birth: August 21, 1971
Race: White
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 130 lbs.
Hair Color: Auburn
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Wears contacts or glasses; 3" scar on left calf; pierced ears

Identifiers​

Dentals: Unknown
Fingerprints: Unknown
DNA: Available

Clothing & Personal Items​

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Gold wedding ring with diamond chips; gold cross necklace; gold watch with black band
Additional Personal Items: Glasses or contacts

Circumstances of Disappearance​

Ann was last seen on April 15, 2008. According to a court affidavit, Ann and her children left their home sometimes after 7:23 a.m. to be dropped off at school. At 8:14 a.m. Ann was seen by a relative purchasing groceries at SunMart Foods in Beatrice. Sheriff's deputies later found items similar to what she bought when they searched her residence.

At 8:45 a.m. Ann's mother called her on her cell phone. The call lasted one minute and 14 seconds. Ann used her key fob assigned to her to enter Roosevelt Hall on the Southeast Community College campus, where she worked for a cleaning service, at 8:46 a.m. Ann used her phone to call her employer at 9:43 a.m. to tell them she needed to leave because there was a problem with her children at school. Ten minutes later she called the school, but nobody at the school indicated they talked to her. There have been no other sightings or communications with Ann after 9:55 a.m. There has been no financial activity by Ann since April 15. She and her 1991 dark gray with wood-paneling Plymouth Voyager minivan with Nebraska plate 3-A8045 have not been seen since her disappearance.

Her family learned she was missing when her children's schools called to say no one showed up to pick her children. Her husband notified police later that evening.

According to court records, Ann's husband reported finding a note and her cell phone on a bedroom pillow around 12:30 a.m. on April 16. The contents of the note have not been made public. Foul play is suspected in her disappearance.

Investigating Agency(s)​

Agency Name: Gage County Sheriff's Office
Agency Contact Person: Rob Sandersfeld
Agency Phone Number: 402-223-5221
Agency E-Mail: N/A
Agency Case Number: 2008-1891

NamUs Case Number: MP5555

Information Source(s)​

NamUs
NE State Patrol
KOLN-10/CBS
Beatrice Daily Sun (Beatrice, NE) - Sep. 28, 2010