NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father) #2

LouLou74

Reaction score
I am from the NE part of South Dakota and I saw a pickup this past weekend with a missing sign for Chance posted on the driver's side. Let's keep looking!

- Did LE ever find the driver of the White Jeep the video shows Chance talking to?
- Have subsequent searches been done on the general path he was walking??

LaneLowe

Reaction score
In two days it will be 3 years since Chance Englebert “walked away” from his wife’s grandparents’ home in Gering, NE and disappeared in the middle of the small city of Scottsbluff, NE - not in a forest, swampland, mountainous district, or open prairie. In the middle of a populated small city. He was last captured on a Ring camera at 8:01pm. 67 short minutes later an un-Chance-like text message was sent from his phone to his “aunt Katy”. Less than 8 minutes later, his phone sent its last ping and data from an area less than 2 miles from where he was last seen on video. Vanished without a trace.

Searches of the area have turned up nothing - no clothing, no phone, no hat, no boots, no rodeo belt buckle - nothing. The shallow North Platte River that runs through town - and clear as a bell on most days - has been searched for miles. Local lakes (ponds) have been sonared. Nothing…

A body does NOT disappear itself! Someone knows something! Someone saw something! It is past time for someone to come forward and say something. A great deal of time and effort have been expended by hundreds of people in the search for Chance - wasted time and effort because somebody has known all along exactly what happened on July 6, 2019. A lot of money has been spent in pursuit of the facts - the truth - someone has known since day one. Too many tears have been cried. Too much pain has been endured by Chance’s family and friends. And yet someone remains silent, thinking this will all fade away like Chance did.

Someone is wrong! We will never forget - we will never stop searching - we will never stop pursuing truth and justice!!

cherrymeg

Reaction score
This might be a dumb question but could he have gotten a ride with someone and could there have been an accident where the vehicle went into a body of water? I don’t know if he would have been near water that could conceal a car. If someone was driving in the direction he needed to go in or to get out of a storm could another person be missing but not linked to the area? This is probably a crazy speculation.
A guy that went missing in the town I grew up in was just found in his car in a river. People thought he was either murdered or ran off. He had diabetes I think and his blood sugar level made him confused and it was a terrible accident. There have been other cases that involve water and cars. I don’t know if this applies to Chance at all.
I could see getting into a car going in whatever direction if there was a bad storm. Even if you just need to get to a gas station or diner to wait for a ride. He could have met with foul play. Men tend to over estimate their safety around strangers or walking alone.