NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father) #2

Cagle

Reaction score
It has been four days since family members have seen or heard from 25-year-old Chance Englebert, a Moorcroft, Wyoming man who was visiting family in Gering Saturday night.

On Tuesday night, family and friends announced they have pooled together $7,800 in reward money to find Chance, and reconnect him with his wife and newborn son.

A total of 16 agencies have been trying to retrace Englebert’s path from Saturday night. Gering Police Captain Jason Rogers says that Chance left a home on O Street around 7 p.m. for a walk. The family says he never returned, but through the investigation the last known location he was seen was walking north on 10th Street near Martha Drive at 7:51 p.m.

Gering Police Chief George Holtus adds that preliminary cell phone data pinpointed his last location in the vicinity of southwest Scottsbluff.

On Monday afternoon, crews set up the Region 22 Emergency Management Mobile Command Unit at the YMCA Trails West Camp, and search teams walked the area up to the Avenue I river bridge.

On Tuesday afternoon, more agencies got involved, and expanded the search area as well. The AirLink helicopter provided aerial support, while more than 50 people from 16 agencies scoured their search area on the ground.

Holthus says they’ve also been in contact with the Moorcroft Police Department to see if Englebert managed to hitch a ride back home.

Search efforts will continue on Wednesday, and police and family members are urging the public to come forward with any information on the whereabouts of Chance Englebert.

Family and friends offering reward to locate Chance Englebert

IMG_1474-789x1024.jpg

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it would not be a pinpoint location there would be some convergence, IMO.

Do you not think that LE would look into this?

Please tell me what you think occurred?
Yes - I believe LE has looked into this as much as they can - they have disclosed their limitations as to the degree of accuracy and certainty by their “last ping” location

Yes - I believe LE has looked into this as much as they can - they have disclosed their limitations as to the degree of accuracy and certainty by their “last ping” location

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying:

1) LE has looked into the movements of Chance and his family and friends on 07/06/2019 via their cell phones.
2) LE has disclosed the parameters of the cell phone location pings in the Gering, NE area at that time.

Is this accurate?

<modsnip>

Let me make sure I understand what you are saying:

1) LE has looked into the movements of Chance and his family and friends on 07/06/2019 via their cell phones.
2) LE has disclosed the parameters of the cell phone location pings in the Gering, NE area at that time.

Is this accurate?
1. Yes, LE has stated they obtained and reviewed cell data in the case and that NSP assisted them with assimilation of that data
2. In a round about way, yes they have - if they are limited in determining a “last ping” location - something more specific than a 2-3 mile arc as they have stated numerous times - that reveals the limitations of their ability to pinpoint other pings from other phones, does it not??

1. Yes, LE has stated they obtained and reviewed cell data in the case and that NSP assisted them with assimilation of that data
2. In a round about way, yes they have - if they are limited in determining a “last ping” location - something more specific than a 2-3 mile arc as they have stated numerous times - that reveals the limitations of their ability to pinpoint other pings from other phones, does it not??

In your opinion, what do you think occurred the evening of 07/06/2021 which led to Chance Englebert's disappearance?
I think Chance died on 7/6/2019 - I think his death was accidental, not intentional - I think the person(s) responsible for his death concealed his body and their involvement.

I believe that Chance's death was accidental, also.
IMO, there was no other person(s) directly responsible for Chance's death, involved in his death or in the concealment of his remains.

<modsnip>

1) The only information we have about this case is what is known via MSM and our own opinions/speculation/deductive reasoning.

2) As of now, there is no "Perp" or even a POI per LE.

MOO
You are correct.
My *amateur opinion and speculation* based on what has been portrayed about the case, is that I, the amateur, with an amateur opinion and speculation, believe this is "pointing" to foul play.

Hopefully we will all know more soon

Amateur opinion and speculation

I agree.

Please give me some specific facts which would indicate foul play in this case.
<modsnip>
What we know is that Chance had a disagreement with his inlaws, walked off, called his friends for a ride and didn't get one, and hasn't been seen since. That's about all the MSM info we have to work with.

Still an amateur, with an amateur opinion and speculation

Say it or don't say it but don't tell us you know things and can't share.

MOD NOTE:

A great many posts have been removed due to an initial post that implied knowledge that could not be posted here. That is considered “baiting”, and a violation of TOS. The quoted post above is a great definition of the rule in a nutshell. The posts that quoted and replied to initial violating post had to be removed, as did all subsequent posts that replied to replies. It was the old penal code adage of “fruit from the poisonous tree”.

Again, please read @AzPistonsGirl ’s post above to be clear about what the TOS violation of “baiting” is. It is a good concise explanation that can help you understand for future posts. IOW - If you can’t post it, you can’t talk about it here.

Please let any of the moderators know in a PM if you have any questions about this.

THANKS!
CocoChanel
Administrator/Moderator

Last edited:

Recap:
  • Still getting frequent tips coming in through the tipline, email, phone, Facebook, even the investigator's personal Facebooks at times
  • They have received tips from all over the country. Lots of possible sightings of Chance
  • To follow up on these tips, they are doing a lot of field work, tracking people down to interview them (sometimes multiple times), and they are conducting polygraphs
  • The case is still very active! The investigators said they actively pursue every tip with a thorough investigation; some tips are investigated for several months
  • Investigators have run this case past the FBI a few times for their input. No word on if the FBI is actually involved or not
  • The Sheriff's Dept is in frequent contact with Chance's family. They are "somewhat" in contact with Bailey and her family (hmmmm)

I kinda think that when a loved one goes missing, you raise a stink until they're found. And if they're not found, you continue raising a stink. Unless one of two things happens: 1 - you have a feeling you already know what happened and do'nt want to make it public, i.e. suicide, or 2 - LE asks you to stay quiet. But even in #2, you still make a stink but are vague about the details. Here, we have a young dad going missing, and the person who is most affected by it doesn't seem to care. I understand different people grieve differently, but it just doesn't make any sense. If my husband disappeared, even if I was really really mad at him, I would be screaming from the rooftops until he was found. JMO.

I kinda think that when a loved one goes missing, you raise a stink until they're found. And if they're not found, you continue raising a stink. Unless one of two things happens: 1 - you have a feeling you already know what happened and do'nt want to make it public, i.e. suicide, or 2 - LE asks you to stay quiet. But even in #2, you still make a stink but are vague about the details. Here, we have a young dad going missing, and the person who is most affected by it doesn't seem to care. I understand different people grieve differently, but it just doesn't make any sense. If my husband disappeared, even if I was really really mad at him, I would be screaming from the rooftops until he was found. JMO.

MOO
Possible reasons why Chance's wife isn't "frequently" calling LE:

1) If there is a break in the case she will be the first to be contacted because she is his next of kin.
2) She is currently raising a 2-year old on her own.
3) The house where she and her son were living and which was purchased right before Chance went missing is being auctioned off by the bank next week.
4) She is no longer on SM or giving interviews because of receiving death threats.
5) She went to court to get a no contact order against a former state lawmaker for stalking her (IMO this former lawmaker is a nutcase).

Maybe she is too busy with all this other *stuff* going on in her life to call LE "frequently."
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back