NE NE - Chance Englebert, 25, Gering, 6 July 2019 (new father)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help Find Chance Englebert

This is from the Find fb page, but again it really doesn’t say what the misunderstanding was about.

Chance, Baylee and Banks were in Gering visiting Baylee’s family for the 4th of July weekend. Chance spent the majority of Saturday July 6th golfing with Baylee’s male relatives at the Bayard Gold course approximately 25 miles from Gering. Baylee stated that when she arrived at the golf course in the early evening, there had been a misunderstanding with one of the other men and Chance told her they were leaving. Chance, Baylee, and Banks drove back to Gering to where they had been staying and from there according to Baylee that is where Chance walks away. This was approximately 7:30 pm.

Details of Disappearance
Englebert was last seen in Gering, Nebraska on July 6, 2019. He lived in Moorcroft, Wyoming with his wife and baby son, but that day they spent the day golfing in Gering with relatives.

According to his wife, they went to her grandparents' house to pick some things up, but in the driveway, at 7:30 p.m., Englebert got out of the car and walked away. He never returned.

Englebert's wife last spoke to him at 7:46 p.m. He told her he was walking south, but he had also spoken to friends and said he was walking north toward Torrington, Wyoming. The last time anyone heard from him was at 8:46 p.m., and his cellular phone last pinged off a tower on County Road 19 near the Riverview Golf Course, just west of Scottsbluff, Nebraska. The phone was turned off shortly after his last contact.

A thunderstorm went through the area at 9:00 p.m. and Englebert's wife thought he had probably gone into a nearby building to shelter from the weather.

The part in this post about his phone pinging near the golf course... is this the same course he had the misunderstanding at??

@Gigi3
This is what I found concerning the golf courses:
Golf Course (argument): Bayard
Golf Course (ping): Riverview

There was not a lot of news coverage as far as the 1st year anniversary, but his family held a prayer vigil,
and some people (not the wife's family as far as I know) in Gering held a walk and vigil.

I saved the news articles and saved a bunch of screencaps from the SD vigil.

Case Archive:
Chance Englebert -NE by amanda reckonwith

Cell phone users, try this and scroll:
7/6/20 Family and friends hold a Prayer Vigil in Edgemont South Dakota. Over 40 screen captures show the love people have for Chance. Click magnifier symbol to enlarge.

I'd be interested to know whether the wife or her family were at any of these vigils/walks.

I'd be interested to know whether the wife or her family were at any of these vigils/walks.
I suspect not, because the Prayer Vigil was in his home town of Edgemont, South Dakota. There was also a comment by his wife that she was not participating in interviews etc. because she and her family continue to be harassed.

I suspect not, because the Prayer Vigil was in his home town of Edgemont, South Dakota. There was also a comment by his wife that she was not participating in interviews etc. because she and her family continue to be harassed.

I remember reading that in an article. Has she given a reason for “the harassment”?

I understand people handle stressful or tragic incidents differently. I respect that as well.
But, if it were me I would want to be at the vigils/walks even if to merely show my support. IMO, that’s a little different than conducting an interview which may be uncomfortable for some.

For the amount of hell that his wife has been thru, I dont blame her at all for not attending if she didn't.

At the end of the day, the only persin this should be about is Chance and bringing him home. No one is going to be able to changed what happened, and hopefully the person/persons responsible for what happened to Chance will be held accountable.

I pray like crazy all the time that this young man is brought home to rest and finally have peace.

I remember reading that in an article. Has she given a reason for “the harassment”?
There were and probably are still strong feelings all around that she and/or her family know what happened and are not talking. She made comments that his employer need not hold his job open and she asked how soon she could get a death certificate. These could have been comments that were not thought out and not sinister at all, but many thought they indicated that she knew he was not coming back. MOO MOO MOO

There were and probably are still strong feelings all around that she and/or her family know what happened and are not talking. She made comments that his employer need not hold his job open and she asked how soon she could get a death certificate. These could have been comments that were not thought out and not sinister at all, but many thought they indicated that she knew he was not coming back. MOO MOO MOO

She said he would go for short walk to clear his head. I think the slack they are getting is from the fact that they didn't go looking for him after a certain amount of time. Especially after a thunderstorm, you never know. So if he is not back by 10.00-3o. pm I would already be in my car saerching.

Because I still can't find any information on people looking for him that same evening or night (after midnight).

She said he would go for short walk to clear his head. I think the slack they are getting is from the fact that they didn't go looking for him after a certain amount of time. Especially after a thunderstorm, you never know. So if he is not back by 10.00-3o. pm I would already be in my car saerching.

Because I still can't find any information on people looking for him that same evening or night (after midnight).
I remember reading that her grandfather went out after the storm passed but didn't find him, but I cannot find the source now. My own opinion has been that LE has a pretty clear idea of what happened but doesn't have the direct evidence or the corroborating testimony from someone who knows what happened. I think it is telling that LE has not come out and said there was no foul play and it was accidental with no body found as of yet. There must be enough there that they cannot close the case. MOO MOO MOO

Thanks for sharing!
That all makes sense. I hope there’s closure soon for this family.

Attachments

• 070620.GPD.chief.statement.JPG
    070620.GPD.chief.statement.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 46
With so much time passing without his body being found, I lean more and more towards foul play. And sorry, but I'm suspicious of the wife and her family.
I agree. It’s really hard NOT to be suspicious considering the circumstances, IMO.

At first, I truly thought this was just an unfortunate accident, but now I don’t think so.
I feel if it were an accident, wouldn’t his body be found? Where could he have gotten in that amount of time?
How do you see this going down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members