NE: Forgotten DNA Evidence Clears Key Figures

It's interesting that Keenan hasn't officially removed the Ramseys out from under the umbrella. At least she hasn't done it publically. Why hasn't she? The re-investigation has been going on for over a year, fcol.

____
IMO

Keenan seems to speak in Ramseyspeak. Hope she's got a real hot agenda, if she wants to be re-elected. Also hope she gets some 'fresh' eyes to look at the R case, regardless. That's the least she can do, honor her word and help JB.

You're right on the money Barbara...Fleet is not going to squander his eyewitness statements until the killer is brought to trial. Fleet, Priscilla, John and Barbara Fernie are keeping mum until their "close" friend Patsy goes on trial for murder.

Barbara Fernie cut her ties to Patsy when she observed that she was mourning JonBenet rather than Patsy herself.

This is my opinion and may not be copied to another forum.

There is no re-investigation; they just want it to look like there's one. There are certain people in authoritative positions in Boulder who know who killed JonBenet. The cops and the D.A. take turns sitting on the egg they know will never hatch. It's been nothing but hocus-pocus and coverup by the authorities since the Ramsey grand jury ended in 1999. IMO that jury solved the case.

The money for an active investigation dried up long ago and they haven't been asking for more money, but Boulder authorities must make it appear as though they're still trying to solve the case, so the case was transferred to the D.A's office. It's just Keenan's turn to sit on the fake egg -- the egg that will never hatch.

The Colorado Childrens' Code (under age 18):

"Persons who have had their juvenile records sealed may lawfully and properly reply that no such record exists. However, the record is still available to the district attorney, law enforcement, the courts, and the department of human services. Government agencies cannot show the records to anyone without an order from the court."

So, IMO, Keenan and Beckner know who killed JonBenet Ramsey. But they gotta take turns clucking on the fake egg until the whole thing blows over some day.

JMO

Sitting on a fake egg....excellent analogy, BlueCrab.

Are juveniles' records sealed permanently, or can they be opened without a court order when a kid turns 18?

_____
IMO

BlueCrab said:
It's been nothing but hocus-pocus and coverup by the authorities since the Ramsey grand jury ended in 1999. IMO that jury solved the case.
I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the BPD would love to nail John and Patsy for covering up what really went on that night. They could both be charged with interfering with an investigation. More importantly, the BPD would love to get the Rammers into a civil court and get back all that taxpayer money that was spent on the RamScam. All those millions can buy a lot of new equipment for the BPD.

Ivy said:
Sitting on a fake egg....excellent analogy, BlueCrab.

Are juveniles' records sealed permanently, or can they be opened without a court order when a kid turns 18?

_____
IMO

The records are sealed forever unless the court, for good cause, orders them released.

JMO

Shylock said:
I would agree with you if it wasn't for the fact that the BPD would love to nail John and Patsy for covering up what really went on that night. They could both be charged with interfering with an investigation. More importantly, the BPD would love to get the Rammers into a civil court and get back all that taxpayer money that was spent on the RamScam. All those millions can buy a lot of new equipment for the BPD.

The statute of limitations have expired.

JMO

The statue of limitations for filing misdemeanor charges (concealing a death, making false statements to LE) against the Ramseys expired in June, 2003.

But the statue of limitations for filing felony charges against them for tampering with evidence doesn't expire till the end of 2005.

Source
___
IMO

Maybe we'll get a revelation then? I doubt it. How about the statute of limitations if JAR did it/was responsible? They never run out, do they, if he isn't charged?

Imon, since John and/or Patsy haven't been charged either, I think the statute of limitations would apply to JAR as well...and to anyone else.

___
IMO

Colorado Statute of Limitations for Prosecuting Crimes -- C.R.S. 16-5-401:

"Murder, kidnapping, treason, and any forgery regardless of the penalty provided: NO LIMIT.

"Attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit murder; attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit kidnapping; attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit treason; and attempt, conspiracy, or solicitation to commit any forgery regardless of the penalty provided: NO LIMIT.

"Other felonies: THREE YEARS.

"Misdemeanors: EIGHTEEN MONTHS.

"Petty offenses: SIX MONTHS.

"In general the period within which a prosecution must be commenced shall begin to run upon discovery of the criminal or delinquent act."

Source: Charles E. Corry, Ph.D., 2002 Equal Justice Foundation.

JMO

OMG, we can only hope. Impersonating an officer should carry a penalty. But, oh that jokester her, she just laughed it off. I hope she laughs her way all the way to a cell. She appears to me to be a mean, vicious, know-it-all, who's used to having her way, for some reason. Woof, woof, the bulldog goes....

Jayelles said:
Does this mean Susan "Call me Beckner" Stine could still be prosecuted?

What she did is a misdemeanor. If it's been less than 18 months since she impersonated an officer, it appears she can be prosecuted. But there's been no complaint from Beckner.

JMO

Apparently Beckner feels it would cost too much $ to have Stine extradited to Colorado....right?
____
IMO

Susan Stine did the crime, she should have paid the time. Shame on them for not making her do so. :behindbar

I agree, Imon, but at least the world now knows what kinds of sneaky things she's capable of. I wonder if the Rs have distanced themselves from Stine now that she's been exposed as a scheming liar. I also wonder what other "pranks" she's pulled, and if she's the author of the Patricia letters.
____
IMO

BlueCrab said:
There is no re-investigation; they just want it to look like there's one. There are certain people in authoritative positions in Boulder who know who killed JonBenet. The cops and the D.A. take turns sitting on the egg they know will never hatch. It's been nothing but hocus-pocus and coverup by the authorities since the Ramsey grand jury ended in 1999. IMO that jury solved the case. JMO

A few questions for you:
Why didn't the BPD go after the Rs for tampering/obstruction, etc...as opposed to building a case for murder a la Patsy?

Doesn't it seem that someone would talk now; perhaps someone who is no longer employed by the BPD, DCS, etc...(someone who was not privy to the GJ proceedings yet knew the "real" truth)?

Do you think this is why we never hear from the BPD anymore by way of the media--because they are tired of sitting on the egg and have bigger ones to hatch elsewhere?

Nehemiah said:
A few questions for you:
Why didn't the BPD go after the Rs for tampering/obstruction, etc...as opposed to building a case for murder a la Patsy?

Doesn't it seem that someone would talk now; perhaps someone who is no longer employed by the BPD, DCS, etc...(someone who was not privy to the GJ proceedings yet knew the "real" truth)?

Do you think this is why we never hear from the BPD anymore by way of the media--because they are tired of sitting on the egg and have bigger ones to hatch elsewhere?

It's against Colorado law to disclose the name of a juvenile involved in a major crime. If the cops would have filed against the parents for obstruction the names of the juvenile(s) involved would have had to be revealed.

IMO Beckner, Hunter and Keenan know the truth, as would some of the people under them. But if they talk it would be in violation of Colorado law and the court order that sealed the findings, and they would likely be imprisoned, heavily fined, and lose their jobs and any licenses they hold (such as to practice law).

Neither the BPD nor the D.A.'s office have money to pursue an active investigation. They will each take turns sitting on the egg that can't hatch while pretending to be investigating a murder that has already been solved but can't be told about.

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk