NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

I've been following this case since it happened and I am stumped. Usually I can come up with something, but in this case, nope. I'm throwing out the theory below not even really believing it, but it's the only thing I can make sense of.

Years ago, my stepbrother worked at a fast food place. He, like many of his coworkers, was in his late teens. Some of them decided to help themselves to a few dollars here and there from the cash register, my stepbrother included. He got caught, swearing up and down that he was going to pay it back (doubtful). His employer decided to take it to court, so in exchange for not being charged, he gave the names of others involved. The amount of money was not significant (not the point at all) and it was unclear if anyone would spend any time in jail, but he began receiving death threats at our house.

I keep wondering if Jason was aware of something (not even involved, just aware) that was happening at work (theft, drugs, etc.) and someone was afraid he was going to say something. When they found out he was coming in early, walking to meet someone, they took the opportunity to intercept him and things went south.

In order for this to happen, so many events would need to perfectly align in a quick manner. That gives me pause, but weirder things have happened and we've seen people in the wrong place at the wrong time many times on these boards.

I've got nothing else. *Shrug*

if i'm not mistaken, it was the neighbour who said Jason was carrying the red work shirt. It might seem like a small detail, but I think it matters which is why I am honing in on it. Jason's mother wasn't there so I'm not sure how she can confirm he was wearing the work shirt

edit: the official "project jason" website also said Jason was "carrying a red work shirt". it specifically stated: "Jason is a white male, six foot one inches tall, weighing 165 pounds with brown hair, brown eyes and a light complexion. Jason was last seen wearing a white "Chicago Cubs" or "Sammy Sosa" t-shirt, black dress pants, blue "Cubs" cap, dress shoes, and also carrying red work shirt." (BBM)

so another inconsistency.
I tend to think that the neighbour is giving the correct version, being he is the one who saw Jason that morning! I mean, his mom was partially correct, her son was wearing his uniform black pants. I think if the Chicago Cubs or Sammy Sosa t-shirt hadnt been worn, it wouldve still been at home and that that would have been noted at some point.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back