NE NE - Jason Jolkowski -19 - Omaha - 13 Jun 2001 - #4

It happens. The case below is extreme & may have occurred at night. I agree most people wouldn't drive home with someone dead/dying on their car windshield (especially during the day). And, no - I don't think that anything specifically like this happened to JJ.

But, I'm just using this for an example because odd/unusual/unexpected things do happen on occasion. I.e., if this hadn't actually happened IRL it would be something most people wouldn't ever believe could/would occur.

In the below case, if this woman hadn't contacted friend(s) to help her with this & if she hadn't allegedly discussed this at a party - IMHO she may have gotten away with it:

Last edited:
It happens. The case below is extreme & may have occurred at night. I agree most people wouldn't drive home with someone dead/dying on their car windshield (especially during the day). And, no - I don't think that anything specifically like this happened to JJ.

But, I'm just using this for an example because odd/unusual/unexpected things do happen on occasion. I.e., if this hadn't actually happened IRL it would be something most people wouldn't ever believe could/would occur.

In the below case, if this woman hadn't contacted friend(s) to help her with this & if she hadn't allegedly discussed this at a party - IMHO she may have gotten away with it:

Eeee... Can you imagine being "lodged" in a windshield and stuck in someone's garage for 2 days before dying?! That is a seriously crazy story.

Something unbelievable may have happened to JJ. I don't see the harm in thinking of scenarios that, though unlikely, aren't impossible. It's not like anything else has helped to find him yet.

He may have come across the wrong person at the wrong time. Someone committing a crime who then had to deal with an unexpected witness.

The important thing is to solve this and give his poor mother some closure. My heart really breaks for her. My sons are reliable and responsible and I can't imagine what it would be like for one of them to just disappear. I'd be thankful for any and all brainstorming that went on for his sake.

But now you're basing an extraordinary theory on a lack of evidence, which is fallacious reasoning.

Has anyone tried to move a body before? It's not easy. That's why the only true story I've read along these lines is a man who knocked down a young girl. I've never read about someone accidentally running down a grown man and bundling his body into the car to dispose of him, let alone offering to take him to the hospital then murdering him. They would be much likelier to drive away and leave the body than risk anything else. Again, hit and RUN.

He could have got in the car himself if he wasn't injured too badly and later died from internal bleeding.

He was already a DJ at a radio station, which makes it possible he had an obsessed fan. This could be the person who planned to meet him that morning. Or this person could have been randomly driving through the area at exactly the wrong time and offered a ride. Or he could have even been in the neighborhood stalking him. Or a nefarious neighbor along his route may have known him from the radio.

One of these four must have happened:

1. He was "set up" by someone at Fazoli's who must have had a partner pick him up en route to Benson High School. This theory has been explored quite a bit over the years in this thread.
  2. It was a wrong place, wrong time situation, with a narrow window of both place and time. Possible scenarios (accident, neighbor randomly pulls him into a house and murders him, saw a drug deal and was taken away) are...difficult to envision at 10:30 on a quiet Wednesday morning in early June.
  3. He had a stalker in the area who saw an opportunity when he left his house and started walking through the neighborhood. This person could have come from either church or been a fan of his radio show.
  4. He left on his own. Only included for the sake of completeness.
There is no evidence for any of these.

It is highly likely he entered a car or house during his walk to the school with the former being the more probable of the two. His voluntary entry into a vehicle soon after leaving the house most neatly fits everything we know.

He was already a DJ at a radio station, which makes it possible he had an obsessed fan. This could be the person who planned to meet him that morning. Or this person could have been randomly driving through the area at exactly the wrong time and offered a ride. Or he could have even been in the neighborhood stalking him. Or a nefarious neighbor along his route may have known him from the radio.
He had to drop out of school, and thus the radio program, some time around January. He was off the air for about 5 months already when he disappeared. There's probably a better chance that the perp would be someone from his church than someone who knew him from the radio.

He had to drop out of school, and thus the radio program, some time around January. He was off the air for about 5 months already when he disappeared. There's probably a better chance that the perp would be someone from his church than someone who knew him from the radio.

I thought he was going to begin work as a DJ somewhere the week after his disappearance.

I thought he was going to begin work as a DJ somewhere the week after his disappearance.
He was going to be a customer service rep for a company called SITEL where his uncle and @studebkr worked. The idea was that he was going to earn money and use their tuition program to re-enroll in school and get back to DJing.

One of these four must have happened:

1. He was "set up" by someone at Fazoli's who must have had a partner pick him up en route to Benson High School. This theory has been explored quite a bit over the years in this thread.
  2. It was a wrong place, wrong time situation, with a narrow window of both place and time. Possible scenarios (accident, neighbor randomly pulls him into a house and murders him, saw a drug deal and was taken away) are...difficult to envision at 10:30 on a quiet Wednesday morning in early June.
  3. He had a stalker in the area who saw an opportunity when he left his house and started walking through the neighborhood. This person could have come from either church or been a fan of his radio show.
  4. He left on his own. Only included for the sake of completeness.
There is no evidence for any of these.

I agree there is no evidence for any of these possibilities, but that doesn't mean none of them occurred. Though, some are definitely more plausible than others. To reply:

1) I agree this is highly unlikely. IIRC everyone @ Fazoli's was cleared - if you believe that the investigation was thorough. But, still slightly plausible.

2) Any 1 of these possibilities could have occurred. Just because there is no evidence of a car/pedestrian accident involving JJ; JJ accidentally interrupting criminal activity & being eliminated because he "saw too much"; or someone getting him into a house with a nefarious purpose in mind...that means nothing. If any of these happened, it's highly likely 0 evidence would have been left. Re: the car accident scenario, it's possible that little to no evidence was left behind if the obvious damage to the car & JJ weren't too bad (by outward appearances), etc.

3) I also agree this is unlikely. Most adult males don't have stalkers that would escalate to violence. But, yes - still possible.

4) To me, this is not only highly unlikely, it's virtually impossible. JJ didn't seem to show signs that he was running away & was going to work that day. However, even if you wanted to play devil's advocate & argue that he did want to run away & it just wasn't obvious to anyone - there was 0 activity on his bank accounts & cell phone (if he had one) after he vanished. And, someone that is going to disappear like this would need $. So, I never saw him leaving on his own as a real possibility - given the absence of any evidence that he was still around after he vanished.

Yes, it was probably easier to disappear in 2001 (especially pre-9/11) than it is now. However, if that had been the case & if JJ were still alive - I suspect he would have turned up at some point in the 21+ years since his disappearance. I.e., I don't believe he would have wanted his family to think he was deceased, etc.

It is highly likely he entered a car or house during his walk to the school with the former being the more probable of the two. His voluntary entry into a vehicle soon after leaving the house most neatly fits everything we know.

Agreed.

Last edited:
I agree there is no evidence for any of these possibilities, but that doesn't mean none of them occurred. Though, some are definitely more plausible than others. To reply:

3) I also agree this is unlikely. Most adult males don't have stalkers that would escalate to violence. But, yes - still possible.

I said one of the four scenarios must have happened.

I was going to elaborate on how a possible stalker could have kidnapped Jason, but this hypothetical person must have been sitting outside his house for some time - possibly hours - waiting for an opportunity. This would certainly have been noticed by the neighbors.

Has anyone created an approximate timeline of that day yet?

I said one of the four scenarios must have happened.

I was going to elaborate on how a possible stalker could have kidnapped Jason, but this hypothetical person must have been sitting outside his house for some time - possibly hours - waiting for an opportunity. This would certainly have been noticed by the neighbors.

Has anyone created an approximate timeline of that day yet?
Over the years, and a few pages ago it was set out again, that there was a very tight time frame that Jason disappeared in, from about (at the most) 10:45 am to 11:15 am. Hence, the general consensus from what I have seen in various posts here and elsewhere including his family, is that it was foul play. I do concur with that, although whether or not he went in a vehicle or was lured into a home, is up for debate. If it had been a neighbour watching out a window from a little ways away (and there were several houses that I could see that did overlook) they would have to move darn fast to go outside and lure him in, or hop in a car to catch up with him as the walk was only about 15 minutes to the school! Or perhaps he met someone he knew in a vehicle by the park on the way, and it went south after that. Or was lured or stopped in to a residence on the way. This case has absolutely no clues and is baffling to many including a past investigator.

Last edited:
Sadly I think he was probably taken by some perv. I think the trash cans are key too. Someone saw him helping his lil bro with trash cans and got the idea to ask him for help with trash cans. Probably watched him every week. I was thinking old retired person who had the time to be home & watch him on a Wednesday morning. But I'm not sure an old man would've been able to overpower him. It could've been a younger person who worked from home or was jobless / not able to work due to mental illness. And sadly maybe also someone who had "nothing left to lose" anyway i.e. maybe their life was in tatters anyway. Wasn't there a rumor that someone in the neighborhood committed suicide a while back.

The corner house across from studebkr had a man in it who killed himself in Oct. 2002. He was 30. Not much info about him online, but he lived there with a woman who (I'm guessing?) was his girlfriend.
There was a similar suicide in 2001, in the fall. A friend of mine, who held an open mic a an Irish pub downtown on Tuesdays, became very depressed and pulled his Fierro into the garage and asphyxiated himself. Similar to the guy across the street. He was also in the Holy Name parish. His mother got it declared an accident, and the church buried him. (they have an issue with suicide being a mortal sin.) He was a 40 something guy, living with his mom. I've never quite figured out where.

There was a similar suicide in 2001, in the fall. A friend of mine, who held an open mic a an Irish pub downtown on Tuesdays, became very depressed and pulled his Fierro into the garage and asphyxiated himself. Similar to the guy across the street. He was also in the Holy Name parish. His mother got it declared an accident, and the church buried him. (they have an issue with suicide being a mortal sin.) He was a 40 something guy, living with his mom. I've never quite figured out where.
He lived near the high school, but not sure it would be the route Jason would take. Can't say for sure either of these suicides are related to the disappearance, and unfortunately on the off chance one of them was, it's quite literally a dead end. I could only hope that if the perp were to be on their deathbed or was going to kill himself, he would at least have the decency to confess first.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 6.52.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 6.52.58 PM.png
    129.9 KB · Views: 11
I could only hope that if the perp were to be on their deathbed or was going to kill himself, he would at least have the decency to confess first.
You'd think, but I've read about a few solved cold cases where the perp had killed themselves shortly after. Maybe it is because they can't live with what they've done, much less speak about it and bring it to light.. and own up to what they did.

Do you know anything about the guy who lived across the street from you that committed suicide? Was his corner house one street up from Jason's?

The possibility of a predator has been well explored, as has his knowledge of something illegal or embarrassing being a motive to get rid of him. Another even more horrifying possibility has crossed my mind - he could have been abducted for organ trafficking.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back