NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I got my neighbor mixed up with another guy on that end of town that died the same way a month after 911. His name was Eric Barnes. I can't find his address any longer. He was in his 40's and lived with his mother.

Ah okay. The guy I found was Stephen W. Boehling. Sad, he was only 30

Last edited:
Probably a HUGE stretch, but could it be related to the church at all? If Jason was really connected to the church (to the point of possibly going into the seminary) and was a frequent lector there, could an official have taken advantage of him? I saw that Holy Name has had the same Pastor since 2002. Can't help but wonder why the other guy before him split. Could be a number of things of course. I found an article about the Roman Catholic community of Omaha and all their sex abuse scandals they've had. I do hate to even bring this up, as I am not trying to offend anyone's religious beliefs, but it is something to consider given its history of abuse. Omaha Archdiocese releases report of 33 abuse allegations

The only issue I have with any theory, including the one about the church, is that whatever happened had to have gone down perfectly in such a small window of time on a day where circumstances were just so random and out of the ordinary. Obviously it's not likely that a church official or teacher from the school happened to be driving by in the small amount of time that Jason was walking outside, but given that this is such a bizzaro case we have to consider everything I guess. Literally everything had to go off quickly and without a hitch, and that's what really hangs me up about this case

If you google map the Jolkowski house, you can see that there's really only one house that would be able to see Jason in his driveway from the home. The one right across the street from their driveway. I wonder if that's the one that got searched
The Jolkowski's and I both lived on corner lots. I could put my trash out either on Pinkney or 47th Ave, and I suppose they had the same option, but seemed to use street connected to their garage (Pinkney). The man across the street was an elderly African American male retired from the railroad. I imagine it was him that saw Jason, because he was always working in his yard.

The Jolkowski's and I both lived on corner lots. I could put my trash out either on Pinkney or 47th Ave, and I suppose they had the same option, but seemed to use street connected to their garage (Pinkney). The man across the street was an elderly African American male retired from the railroad. I imagine it was him that saw Jason, because he was always working in his yard.

Makes sense. I doubt he was suspected in this case if he is elderly but one never knows. In my research I did property searches on most houses along that route and have a general sense of who was in each house (or at least just the ones I was able to find anyway). Nobody seems to really stick out but one I thought was kind of interesting was that 2 houses down from them is a retired private investigator-according to his facebook. An he still lives there. I wonder if he ever got involved or came up with any theories of his own.

Probably a HUGE stretch, but could it be related to the church at all? If Jason was really connected to the church (to the point of possibly going into the seminary) and was a frequent lector there, could an official have taken advantage of him? I saw that Holy Name has had the same Pastor since 2002. Can't help but wonder why the other guy before him split. Could be a number of things of course. I found an article about the Roman Catholic community of Omaha and all their sex abuse scandals they've had. I do hate to even bring this up, as I am not trying to offend anyone's religious beliefs, but it is something to consider given its history of abuse. Omaha Archdiocese releases report of 33 abuse allegations
--------------
Thank you for bringing this up. I have been wondering about this too.

I believe a records request would make this information publicly available. But, yes, that is true.

So, this was true. I too, read it on another sight. Now, are you the one who interviewed the person that said this? This should tell us something shouldn't it?
Something the brother ever did before? No way for us to know that of course. Has the brother ever talked in public about any of this?
Are you able to interview the brother?
This is an interesting piece of puzzle here.
Could be as simple as, he wasn't trying to imitate Jason, just trying to sound older in case a big bad baddy was calling and scoping out what houses had young children alone? But, if he was actually "trying to sound like JJ" that is something different altogether.

So, this was true. I too, read it on another sight. Now, are you the one who interviewed the person that said this? This should tell us something shouldn't it?
Something the brother ever did before? No way for us to know that of course. Has the brother ever talked in public about any of this?
Are you able to interview the brother?
This is an interesting piece of puzzle here.
Could be as simple as, he wasn't trying to imitate Jason, just trying to sound older in case a big bad baddy was calling and scoping out what houses had young children alone? But, if he was actually "trying to sound like JJ" that is something different altogether.
Welcome to Ws CountSnap, great moniker!

Ok, friends. I was a lurker here for some time then came back when I heard there was some activity going about.
Great to see.
Curious about two points, and what we can do to further investigate them.
1. The sewer repairs. Is anyone here familiar with that area of construction and what may have been involved? Or does anyone know to what level the surrounding areas may have been "opened" up. Also... is it even possible that a crew member going around to close up "openings" may not have noticed a body.
2. The sale of the house. I know we can't name the person here... but is that name known and can we follow up on that as a potential lead... see where and what has become of the person who sold the house at a large discount.
I would be glad to help in part 2 if a direct message is needed.

1. The sewer repairs. Is anyone here familiar with that area of construction and what may have been involved? Or does anyone know to what level the surrounding areas may have been "opened" up. Also... is it even possible that a crew member going around to close up "openings" may not have noticed a body.
Omaha has been in a long standing project, to go through the older neighborhoods and separate the storm sewers from the septic sewers. It was being done in this neighborhood about this time. The construction was happening from Fontenelle Park and Golf Course, up 48th Street, and 48th Avenue, through James Lake Park, on to NW Radial Highway. I remember walking my dog over by James Lake Park, and thinking how dangerous some of those open culverts were for curious kids. The idea that there "might" be a connection to this case came later. I don't know where the construction on this project was at that time, but it was ongoing over the years from Florence all the way up to Dundee.

2. The sale of the house. I know we can't name the person here... but is that name known and can we follow up on that as a potential lead... see where and what has become of the person who sold the house at a large discount.
I would be glad to help in part 2 if a direct message is needed.
I bought my house in 1998 for $78 and sold it in 2006 for $115. Prices were always on the incline. There are many reasons why a house would sell under value, usually foreclosure, but it's hard to say.

I would like to think that if Jason had been stashed in one of those open culverts or even buried somewhere in the construction even by accident, that he would have been found during the renovations. I heard that volunteers also had mounted walking searches, air search and even used infrared technology-no dogs though.

I bought my house in 1998 for $78 and sold it in 2006 for $115. Prices were always on the incline. There are many reasons why a house would sell under value, usually foreclosure, but it's hard to say.

Apologies, this was my original speculation. Property records indicated that your house had a sale in August 2001 for half the price of the what you bought it for. I've since realized that it was a quick claim sale and I can only assume that means you had a tenant that moved out and gave up their half of the ownership

Apologies, this was my original speculation. Property records indicated that your house had a sale in August 2001 for half the price of the what you bought it for. I've since realized that it was a quick claim sale and I can only assume that means you had a tenant that moved out and gave up their half of the ownership
Yes, sadly the gal I bought the house with. She and I split that spring, and I bought out her half. I held onto that house a while. The last year, I rented it out to a guy named Mick King, who is the son of Iowa Rep Steve King. He and his wife split. That's when I sold it.

Yes, sadly the gal I bought the house with. She and I split that spring, and I bought out her half. I held onto that house a while. The last year, I rented it out to a guy named Mick King, who is the son of Iowa Rep Steve King. He and his wife split. That's when I sold it.
Sorry to make you relive the heartbreak. It was just that when we first saw the house sell for half the price (before knowing the circumstances) it looked mighty suspicious for a neighbor to split so soon after the disappearance. But once again, we all appreciate the transparency and openness you bring to the forum.

Sorry to make you relive the heartbreak. It was just that when we first saw the house sell for half the price (before knowing the circumstances) it looked mighty suspicious for a neighbor to split so soon after the disappearance. But once again, we all appreciate the transparency and openness you bring to the forum.

OMG, I'm not offended at all. Those things need to be looked at. To this day I'm saddened that I had to learn my neighbor disappeared from my mother, not the police or the Jolkowski's. She and the Jolkowski's worked in Saint Vincent DePaul together.

In 2001 I had a row of popular trees on the fence line between our houses, and it was quite over grown. The previous owners had really over-landscaped. I actually went through and cleaned up that property line in case the event happened closer to home.

I stopped by their house and offered my condolences/help soon after I found out, and apologized for being oblivious to it all. It was an awkward visit. They are not outgoing people. Kelly is more so. For a while I suspected the father, but not of foul play. My gut feeling is that someone helped Jason escape a situation where he was at odds with his father. I'm not saying Jason was gay, but say he was. That would not fly with his father. His father wanting him to be a priest? A rumor I heard from more than on person. So, as you see, like any mystery, everyone in the room is a suspect.

When I first got involved with this forum. It made my head spin all over again. A hole get's put in every theory. Then your mind just keeps trying to solve the puzzle. In my gut, I feel he ran away, but how does one stay off the grid for nearly 18 years? How did he know not to use his bank account and cell phone? No smartphones and fitbits then, would have been nice. His family was close. I can't imagine him staying away for an extended length of time.

Foul play? Not a shred of evidence. (that I am aware of) Its like he was scooped up by a UFO, or bonked on the head and stricken with amnesia. Jason was tall. He was street smart. You had to be to walk in that neighborhood to school. My son was too. I remember one day there was an after school altercation outside their house. (long time before this incident) Just some junior high kids bullying. Jason walked out and diffused the whole thing.

My son turned 16 a week after Jason disappeared. Though I liked him walking, I had him in a car by the time school started in the fall. The neighborhood and parish plastered the area with posters and yellow ribbons.

Kelly works up the street from me. She was very heavy when I first met her. After Jason disappeared she started bike riding and taking better care of her health. They say he would not recognize her if he returned. For her to crusade, like she did, it required a lifestyle change. I imagine she is pretty burned out by now. I will quiz my mother sometime and see if they still talk. I only see her on interviews, when they find a body somewhere, or when June rolls around.

Well that was a trip down memory lane. A lot has changed in the world since then! Nice to meet all you people virtually. Hope someday we get answers.

OMG, I'm not offended at all. Those things need to be looked at. To this day I'm saddened that I had to learn my neighbor disappeared from my mother, not the police or the Jolkowski's. She and the Jolkowski's worked in Saint Vincent DePaul together.

In 2001 I had a row of popular trees on the fence line between our houses, and it was quite over grown. The previous owners had really over-landscaped. I actually went through and cleaned up that property line in case the event happened closer to home.

I stopped by their house and offered my condolences/help soon after I found out, and apologized for being oblivious to it all. It was an awkward visit. They are not outgoing people. Kelly is more so. For a while I suspected the father, but not of foul play. My gut feeling is that someone helped Jason escape a situation where he was at odds with his father. I'm not saying Jason was gay, but say he was. That would not fly with his father. His father wanting him to be a priest? A rumor I heard from more than on person. So, as you see, like any mystery, everyone in the room is a suspect.

When I first got involved with this forum. It made my head spin all over again. A hole get's put in every theory. Then your mind just keeps trying to solve the puzzle. In my gut, I feel he ran away, but how does one stay off the grid for nearly 18 years? How did he know not to use his bank account and cell phone? No smartphones and fitbits then, would have been nice. His family was close. I can't imagine him staying away for an extended length of time.

Foul play? Not a shred of evidence. (that I am aware of) Its like he was scooped up by a UFO, or bonked on the head and stricken with amnesia. Jason was tall. He was street smart. You had to be to walk in that neighborhood to school. My son was too. I remember one day there was an after school altercation outside their house. (long time before this incident) Just some junior high kids bullying. Jason walked out and diffused the whole thing.

My son turned 16 a week after Jason disappeared. Though I liked him walking, I had him in a car by the time school started in the fall. The neighborhood and parish plastered the area with posters and yellow ribbons.

Kelly works up the street from me. She was very heavy when I first met her. After Jason disappeared she started bike riding and taking better care of her health. They say he would not recognize her if he returned. For her to crusade, like she did, it required a lifestyle change. I imagine she is pretty burned out by now. I will quiz my mother sometime and see if they still talk. I only see her on interviews, when they find a body somewhere, or when June rolls around.

Well that was a trip down memory lane. A lot has changed in the world since then! Nice to meet all you people virtually. Hope someday we get answers.
That was a lovely post, interesting and informative, thanks for sharing it with us!

This.... is in my short list of possibilities. Hate to think that he did run off... but in the 17 years I've been following disappearances, I've come to realize that it ABSOLUTELY happens... and a lot of times in the strangest of scenarios. You just never know what is going on in the mind.
A more religious home.... couple that with someone who is "questioning" things... all kinds of things... I've heard of people leaving home for less.
As for staying away this length of time, sometimes that's just the way it goes. Then as time passes, the person thinks it would be even worst if I showed up now. "I've put them through almost 20 years of pain........"
There was that kid just last year that was found out on the road... a wonderer... 16 when he took off and he made it just fine. Can't remember why he left, but he made it for 2 solid years on his own.
Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members