NE NE - Jason Jolkowski, 19, Omaha, 13 June 2001 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing I wonder about is if he had a reason to not want to get picked up on his block. I know that it was said Jason was mentally delayed, but it seems strange that he wouldn't know how to give directions to his house from the school considering he did that walk every day while in HS. He originally said he would walk to work until his boss offered up a ride, then he (well I believe it was him) then suggested they meet at the school. I'm curious if maybe he was meeting someone on the way on his block first, and that's why he wanted to walk? I can't imagine for what since he supposedly wasn't into drugs, but I can't help but feel how strange it is that if Jason didn't make that split decision to meet at the school then he'd more than likely still be here.

Another thing I wonder about is if he had a reason to not want to get picked up on his block. I know that it was said Jason was mentally delayed, but it seems strange that he wouldn't know how to give directions to his house from the school considering he did that walk every day while in HS. He originally said he would walk to work until his boss offered up a ride, then he (well I believe it was him) then suggested they meet at the school. I'm curious if maybe he was meeting someone on the way on his block first, and that's why he wanted to walk? I can't imagine for what since he supposedly wasn't into drugs, but I can't help but feel how strange it is that if Jason didn't make that split decision to meet at the school then he'd more than likely still be here.

I don't get him not being picked up from his home either. I mean i know he had trouble with giving directions but the distance between the school and his house is almost nothing and it was a pretty simple route he had done on foot several times before. The coworker seemed fine with being able to get to the school on time so it's not like she was completely unfamiliar with the area and would have had to go out of her way to go a few more blocks and get him from his house.

I get meeting at the school. He was 19, and didn't drive, so it's likely he was asking for rides frequently. It's just easier to meet at a landmark rather than your home. A friend of my son's needed rides a lot (both his parents worked which was unusual for our neighborhood). So for soccer practice, boy scouts, etc., he would walk to the park a few blocks from his house. Remember, this is back in the days before everyone had cell phones so you had to actually make it clear how to get to your house, and they had to write it down on a piece of paper, and if they couldn't find your house they'd have to go back to where they came from and call your house and try to get better directions. It was just easier to meet at the school.

I don't get him not being picked up from his home either. I mean i know he had trouble with giving directions but the distance between the school and his house is almost nothing and it was a pretty simple route he had done on foot several times before. The coworker seemed fine with being able to get to the school on time so it's not like she was completely unfamiliar with the area and would have had to go out of her way to go a few more blocks and get him from his house.

As someone who doesn't drive, I am absolutely lousy at giving directions to my doorstep. If the person picking me up wasn't too familiar with the area (and didn't have GPS) I would settle for a nearby landmark, as well.

I get meeting at the school. He was 19, and didn't drive, so it's likely he was asking for rides frequently. It's just easier to meet at a landmark rather than your home. A friend of my son's needed rides a lot (both his parents worked which was unusual for our neighborhood). So for soccer practice, boy scouts, etc., he would walk to the park a few blocks from his house. Remember, this is back in the days before everyone had cell phones so you had to actually make it clear how to get to your house, and they had to write it down on a piece of paper, and if they couldn't find your house they'd have to go back to where they came from and call your house and try to get better directions. It was just easier to meet at the school.

? Jason had both a drivers license and a car, however the car was at the repair, which was the reason that he had to arrange for a pick-up.

I thought he did drive, but his car was in the shop?

Yes, Jason DID drive and have a car, it was just in the shop. And fair enough, you make valid points about using landmarks. Like I said, (or maybe did not say?) I don't really suspect he was meeting someone, just thought it was another possibility worth looking into. But as I said before, it's just crazy that that ONE decision made all the difference between him still being here and not

I guess the more I think about it, the less likely the workplace conspiracy theory seems as well. I won't say impossible of course, but given the changes to the meeting points and ride arrangements that day it actually would be pretty difficult for someone at work to plan an interception of him on his way to the school. The girl he was meeting also did not have a cell phone on her and had to use the phone at a gas station nearby to call both work to say Jason hadn't come, so I don't believe she'd have the means to quickly arrange a conspiracy with another coworker. Until any further details develop, I'd say an older male in Jason's life OR a random sex offender is probably the most plausible at this point

I guess the more I think about it, the less likely the workplace conspiracy theory seems as well. I won't say impossible of course, but given the changes to the meeting points and ride arrangements that day it actually would be pretty difficult for someone at work to plan an interception of him on his way to the school. The girl he was meeting also did not have a cell phone on her and had to use the phone at a gas station nearby to call both work to say Jason hadn't come, so I don't believe she'd have the means to quickly arrange a conspiracy with another coworker. Until any further details develop, I'd say an older male in Jason's life OR a random sex offender is probably the most plausible at this point

Wonder if Jason stopped into the gas station for any reason?

I think it's possible he was stopped by a neighbour or someone down the street almost as soon as he set off to walk. They maybe asked him if he could help them with something with their garage or car and then basically forced a ride to work on him themselves as part of the deal. It was said he was very trusting to the point of being a bit naive?. I think he could have gone inside their house or garage, hence there being no sightings of him walking from other neighbours.

Even though he already had a ride into work lined up the person could have basically charmed him into accepting a ride from them instead as a 'reward' for what he was helping them with and he didn't want to say no. From what i've read about Jason he seems like quite a timid person who would likely avoid any type of bargaining or even the mildest confrontation and just go with the safest option of the time. The way he is talked about makes it sound like he was not strong-minded.

Anyone know how far Fazolis was from his house? Was the co-worker coming from miles out to get him or is it just a short trip?

Wonder if Jason stopped into the gas station for any reason?
I don't believe so, only because the gas station is right across from the corner side of the high school and I don't think Jason even made it that far. Plus there would probably be some camera there that would catch him in there. I believe the general consensus is that he likely disappeared early on in his walk, possibly even on his own block.

Anyone know how far Fazolis was from his house? Was the co-worker coming from miles out to get him or is it just a short trip?
According to Google Maps, Fazoli's is 4 1/2 miles from Jason's house and 3.8 miles from Benson High School, so the coworker definitely had the longer leg of the trip to make either way.

I have updated my original list of everything which could have possibly happened to Jason. I have ranked them from top to bottom in order of what I consider the most plausible.

There is no evidence for any of these and most of them have serious problems.

Victim of a sexual predator: A Gacy-type predator abducted him. This person likely lived in the area and possibly knew Jason from school, church or elsewhere. He was lured into a vehicle or house by deception or possibly at gunpoint.
Victim of a freak accident: He was hit by a garbage truck or a car. He is brought into the vehicle, possibly still alive. The driver may have attempted to get him to the hospital but failed before Jason’s death. The body is disposed of.
Victim of bullies: He encountered bullies he knew from high school. They may have driven a car towards him fast as a “joke” but hit him by accident. They took the body and disposed of it.
Victim of gang violence: Jason was at the wrong place at the wrong time and encountered a gang. He may have been robbed or may have seen something he should not have such as a drug deal.
Victim of a nefarious neighbor: Jason was at the wrong place at the wrong time and saw a neighbor do something.
Victim of a workplace conspiracy: His co-workers were part of a conspiracy to abduct and murder him.
Left on his own accord: He left on his own accord for an unknown reason.
Suicide: He left and committed suicide.

I have updated my original list of everything which could have possibly happened to Jason. I have ranked them from top to bottom in order of what I consider the most plausible.

Victim of a sexual predator: A Gacy-type predator abducted him. This person likely lived in the area and possibly knew Jason from school, church or elsewhere. He was lured into a vehicle or house by deception or possibly at gunpoint.
Victim of a freak accident: He was hit by a garbage truck or a car. He is brought into the vehicle, possibly still alive. The driver may have attempted to get him to the hospital but failed before Jason’s death. The body is disposed of.
Victim of bullies: He encountered bullies he knew from high school. They may have driven a car towards him fast as a “joke” but hit him by accident. They took the body and disposed of it.
Victim of gang violence: Jason was at the wrong place at the wrong time and encountered a gang. He may have been robbed or may have seen something he should not have such as a drug deal.
Victim of a nefarious neighbor: Jason was at the wrong place at the wrong time and saw a neighbor do something.
Victim of a workplace conspiracy: His co-workers were part of a conspiracy to abduct and murder him.
They aren't bad theories but I think you might have "freak accident" too high on the list. Even though there weren't potentially a lot of people around, a fatal car accident in a residential area would draw some attention. Even if Jason was knocked out from impact and couldn't scream, just the actual sound of the car hitting a person would make a loud crashing noise. Any crash that was hard enough to cause fatality would make some sort of scene. Even though I'm not as hot on the idea of a workplace conspiracy as I was before, I would still have it at least before freak accident and maybe even gangs and bullies. Sexual predator certainly does seem to be the most likely. If Jason did get into a car, I would imagine it was under no duress (unless with a gun pointed at him) and not because he had been hit by it.

I tend to think it's some combination of 1 and 5. I think he was stopped either in a car or by a neighbour in the front of their house to help with something with their garage, trash cans, car, etc and was then taken somewhere by them under the impression that they were dropping him down the block to the school to meet the coworker.

Ruling out any of that I'd say possibly something to do with his work.

Bullies or suicide no chance imo. His disappearance has something to do with his routine of that particular day in leaving early for work. There is nothing to suggest he was suicidal at all from what I've read. Or that he was being bullied so severely to the point of harassment.

I don't buy the accident theory either because really how often does that happen? Where someone just runs someone over, the driver throws them in the trunk drives off and disposes of them? Most people panic in that situation and would more likely drive off and leave the body imo. Plus the time frame is so short that someone knocking him down, getting over the initial shock, getting out of the car, picking up his body, cleaning up any mess, etc they would have been noticed by SOMEONE in the time they were doing all that within an open area.

I'm not sure i believe the gang thing either. I have read from some people that the area he was living was the ghetto or on the border with the hood. Looking at where Jason lived on google maps the area looks very nice and suburban and wide open. I grew up in the inner city and where i lived doesn't look anything like the kind of area where Jason was living. Of course appearances can be deceiving and it could have looked different back in 2001, but i just don't find anything to suggest his disappearance was gang related. Where he lived just doesn't look the type of environment where you get robberies and muggings or shootings at 10-11am in the morning. Plus people in street gangs with little organization don't just tend to make random victims or random nobodies 'disappear'. His body would've been found by now.

I tend to think it's some combination of 1 and 5. I think he was stopped either in a car or by a neighbour in the front of their house to help with something with their garage, trash cans, car, etc and was then taken somewhere by them under the impression that they were dropping him down the block to the school to meet the coworker.

Ruling out any of that I'd say possibly something to do with his work.

Bullies or suicide no chance imo. His disappearance has something to do with his routine of that particular day in leaving early for work. There is nothing to suggest he was suicidal at all from what I've read. Or that he was being bullied so severely to the point of harassment.

I don't buy the accident theory either because really how often does that happen? Where someone just runs someone over, the driver throws them in the trunk drives off and disposes of them? Most people panic in that situation and would more likely drive off and leave the body imo. Plus the time frame is so short that someone knocking him down, getting over the initial shock, getting out of the car, picking up his body, cleaning up any mess, etc they would have been noticed by SOMEONE in the time they were doing all that within an open area.

I'm not sure i believe the gang thing either. I have read from some people that the area he was living was the ghetto or on the border with the hood. Looking at where Jason lived on google maps the area looks very nice and suburban and wide open. I grew up in the inner city and where i lived doesn't look anything like the kind of area where Jason was living. Of course appearances can be deceiving and it could have looked different back in 2001, but i just don't find anything to suggest his disappearance was gang related. Where he lived just doesn't look the type of environment where you get robberies and muggings or shootings at 10-11am in the morning. Plus people in street gangs with little organization don't just tend to make random victims or random nobodies 'disappear'. His body would've been found by now.

I'm about 90% sure that a sexual predator was behind his disappearance.

I still think it's plausible that he could have been injured but not killed by a vehicle hitting him, the driver got him into his vehicle and sought to take him to the hospital but he died before getting there. Perhaps his lung was punctured by a broken rib or he was bleeding out. Jason had speech difficulties but I don't know if that would have kept him from screaming for help.

I can't definitively rule out a workplace conspiracy but I don't believe it's likely. He was a very normal 19 year old with a job cooking pizzas. He was about to move on from that job (wouldn't you?) to something more fun. We have no known motivation for his co-workers to murder him. There was a very narrow window for any potential co-conspirators to abduct him. The abductor would have had to have been sitting outside his house waiting for a green light from the Fazoli's manager who had just gotten off the phone with Jason.

I don't think he left on his own accord but it's not outside the realm of possibility.

I'm about 90% sure that a sexual predator was behind his disappearance.

I still think it's plausible that he could have been injured but not killed by a vehicle hitting him, the driver got him into his vehicle and sought to take him to the hospital but he died before getting there. Perhaps his lung was punctured by a broken rib or he was bleeding out. Jason had speech difficulties but I don't know if that would have kept him from screaming for help.

I can't definitively rule out a workplace conspiracy but I don't believe it's likely. He was a very normal 19 year old with a job cooking pizzas. He was about to move on from that job (wouldn't you?) to something more fun. We have no known motivation for his co-workers to murder him. There was a very narrow window for any potential co-conspirators to abduct him. The abductor would have had to have been sitting outside his house waiting for a green light from the Fazoli's manager who had just gotten off the phone with Jason.

I don't think he left on his own accord but it's not outside the realm of possibility.
The popular opinion seems to be some sort of sex offender. The car accident theory I MAY believe to be somewhat plausible, unlike in the Brian Shaffer case where it was also brought up, only because this was 2001 and most people didn't have cell phones to call for help. So supposing that the driver couldn't just call for help because he didn't have a phone, maybe he did offer Jason a ride to the hospital but he dies before he gets there? Perhaps he only offered Jason a ride in the first place because Jason saw his face and thought he might recognize him if he drove off? Maybe, I just don't see how this accident could happen without drawing any attention. I still think the most likely scenario is that the offender was someone he knew and trusted

As far as the new job Jason was going to start. Was it the same job as the radio announcer one he had been doing temporarily and it was being made permanent? Or was it a completely different job altogether?

As far as the new job Jason was going to start. Was it the same job as the radio announcer one he had been doing temporarily and it was being made permanent? Or was it a completely different job altogether?
I can't seem to find much info on that. I have seen people say it was a DJing job, but I don't know if there's proof or confirmation of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson